Tell me something about yourself!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by lulu48, Jul 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Thank you Gina. My Mom is having a full hysterectomy and bladder surgery. I'm very concerned because of her age and she has high blood pressure and had a heart attack a few years ago. I'm afraid it's going to be a rough recovery for her but I pray it will all go well.

2. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I hope it goes well for her. Hugs Lulu.

3. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Thank you Gustav.....hugs back to you.

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lulu, I'm praying things will go well and she will have a speedy recovery. Is she healthy, after those other issues? And does the dr. Have any concerns about this surgery? Hysterectomy recory is akin to a C-section but worse. Especially if they are taking the ovaries, too. I was 42 when I had mine done, and experienced surgical menopause symptoms in full force. I don't think it was until one year later until like me again. Because of her age, healing may take longer and the hormones probably won't be an issue.

Lulu, stay strong, you can get through this. If you need ANYthing let me know via pm!
    What Religion is your Mom?

((((( hugs )))))

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

My surgery was not like a C section at all. I found it to be a piece of cake but then I also have a strong will to overcome things :D

I will pm you Lulu.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm a wuss then! Plus my MM was at its worst... ;D

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I didn't mean it like that Gina xx :D

I just didn't want to scare Lulu. ;)

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Oh, I know that Caroline! Don't forget age is always a factor, and I had been bleeding heavily for almost a year until they were convinced that I needed it, thus the weakness. And my monthly charts showed that when I ovulated and mansturated my MM wwas at the worst. It was really bad. And we tried everything. Pills, lotions, I even received a monthly delivery of hormone injections and was taught by a nurse how to do them myself.

Lulu knows we're here for her for anything she wants.
    I didn't take it wrong in the first place. I'm sorry if my words came off that way, it definitely did not mean it to sound that way.
    That's one major difference between the Internet and a one on one chat, even on the phone. A persons tome, gestures, and facial expression tell a bigger part of what they're saying than just words do, IMO.

Myself, I can't wait to sleep and I woke from my nap at 6:00pm.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

((((( HUGS )))))

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

ughh ... I meant to add " So True " but hit post too soon. :D

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Actually you can talk to people on the phone and think they're really friendly and funny yet.....they turn out to be major a$$holes anyway. True story.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

So True :D

Got it all in one post this time ;)

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

LOL! That's true, but I prefer to remain optimistic! That's why I always get screwed, I guess.

15. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Gina my Mom is in pretty good health so the doctor is very optimistic that she will recover quite nicely. It's just more me than anything....I'm a bit of a worrier. I love my Mom dearly and I just hate seeing her have to go through surgery and recovery. I wish I could go through it for her instead.

One good thing is that she has already gone through menopause so that won't be an issue for her.

And thank you for the prayers hon.....I really appreciate it. ♥

16. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Thank you Caroline. ♥

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm going to try to pave myself today, but I plan on getting a lot done.

18. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Gina honey I hope you meant that you'll PACE yourself today not PAVE yourself. :D

I hope you can get everything done today that you need to but just don't wear yourself out in the process. Take a break (or two) if you need it. Doesn't help the MM any to overdo it. :)

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Pave, yes, how did I miss that? Pave, LOL! Imagine that?

I will take breaks, I'm sitting right here right now with you! :D

20. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Did you manage to get everything done yesterday Gina?

I had a pretty busy day yesterday too. Got everything done though and still had enough time to take a long nap in the afternoon as well. :D