Taking a poll, please join in

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Henrysullivan, Feb 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Re: Taking a pole, please join in

2. rosie

rosie New Member

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 30
    2- How long have you had MM? 16 years
    3- Have you had surgery? No
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? n/a
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Yes but no spinning attacks for several years. Balance is an issue
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? constant tinnitus/fullness/unsteadiness
    7- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? No
    8- If 7 is yes, how long between cycles?
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? seeing a regular chiro
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments Yes

3. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

1. How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 34
    2. How long have you had MM? 19 years
    3. Have you had surgery? yes
    4. If surgery, what kind of sugery? shunt
    5. Do you have all of these symptoms: Tinnitus, 24/7 cycling ear fullness, No, vertigo episodes,No, not since surgery. Hard of hearing in both ear's and wear aid's in both. ( possible burnout)
    6. If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? N/A
    7. Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? No
    8. If 7 is yes, how long between cycles? N/A
    9. Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since you MM diagniosis? No
    10. If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments? N/A

Janet

4. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

Thanks for doing this--I wish the medical establishment kept records like this, so we could see the larger patterns. I'll be very interested to read the results!

11- Along with Meniere’s what other related disorders have you been diagnosed with? Ulcerative colitis, which I believe is related because it is an autoimmune disease and I believe my MM is autoimmune mediated at least
    12- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 43
    13- How long have you had MM? noticeably, 4 yrs but I think at least 7 yrs, since I was 40
    14- How long have you had the related diagnosis? since I was 40
    15- Have you had surgery? No
    16- If surgery, what kind of surgery?
    17- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Yes
    18- If 16 is yes, how long between cycles? Impossible to say--not predictable
    19- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? No
    20- If 18 is yes, how long between cycles?
    21- Do you have other symptoms with MM or your related diagnosis? Yes
    22- If 20 is yes, what are those symptoms? Do they cycle or are they continuous? Hearing loss, imbalance, brain fog, fatigue--they're continuous
    23- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? Not yet
    24- If 23 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments?

5. cbwinters01

cbwinters01 New Member

1 - 32
    2 - 6 yrs
    3 - only for a tube to use the meniett
    4 - see 3
    5 - yes
    6 - been in remission for about 1 yr, but prior to episodes manifested themselves anywhere from 1 to 6 times per month
    7 - no
    8 - n/a
    9 - started about 1 month ago
    10 - hard to say for sure because i have been in a sort of remission from using the meniett and a variety of John of Ohio's regimen. I do think that there is a distinct possibility though.

6. Riverbed1

Riverbed1 New Member

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 46
    2- How long have you had MM? 7 years
    3- Have you had surgery? yes
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? 1st surg. was patch to the inner ear -my initial symptoms were so severe they thought my inner ear had become damaged - 2nd surgery was an eendolymphatic shunt
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? the monster vertigo lasting hours has abated- now I have drop attacks- yes to the others all the time
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? varies now from hours to days
    7- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus?no
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? no
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments?

Diagnosis-Meniere’s and other related disorders only

11- Along with Meniere’s what other related disorders have you been diagnosed with? none
    12- How old were you when diagnosed with MM?
    13- How long have you had MM?
    14- How long have you had the related diagnosis?
    15- Have you had surgery?
    17- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes?
    18- If 16 is yes, how long between cycles?
    19- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus?
    21- Do you have other symptoms with MM or your related diagnosis?
    22- If 20 is yes, what are those symptoms? Do they cycle or are they continuous?
    23- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis?
    24- If 23 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments

7. Loz

Loz New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 41
    2- How long have you had MM? 8 months
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? N/A
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Yes
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? Got progressively worse from none to daily, now eased up after course of steroid treatment
    8- If 7 is yes, how long between cycles? N/A
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? No None in my area (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments? N/A

8. hydrops

hydrops New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 41st birthday
    2- How long have you had MM? Not quite 2 years
    3- Have you had surgery? Yes
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? Tympanostomy
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? No. Not all.
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles?
    7- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? Yes.
    8- If 7 is yes, how long between cycles? 24/7 fullness. Fullness fluctuates, but it's always there to a certain degree. Vertigo about once or twice per year. Consistent battle with disequilibrium. Disequilibrium has improved a lot in the last 6 months.
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? Regular chiropractor. I wanted him to do a cranial sacral, but he didn't really have expertise in that area.
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments?

9. DIzzyDebbie

DIzzyDebbie New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 37
    2- How long have you had MM? 18 years
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? Sac Decompresion, both sides, VNS right side
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Tinnitus all the time, mild vertigo
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? varies
    7- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? no
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? no

11- Along with Meniere’s what other related disorders have you been diagnosed with?
    12- How old were you when diagnosed with MM?
    13- How long have you had MM?
    15- Have you had surgery?
    17- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes?
    19- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus?
    22- If 20 is yes, what are those symptoms? Do they cycle or are they continuous?
    24- If 23 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments?

10. blessed

blessed New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 27 years old
    2- How long have you had MM? 14 years, tinnitus for 16 years
    3- Have you had surgery?yes, if you consider inner ear perfusion surgery
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? inner ear perfusion twice. Once for vertigo, once for hearing loss.
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Yes, and profound hearing loss in one ear, fluctuates daily in the other. Hearing aids in both.
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? tinnitus 24/7, ear fullness daily but the extremity of it varies, vertigo in remission
    7- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? NO
    8- If 7 is yes, how long between cycles? n/a
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? NO
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments? n/a

11. Deb S

Deb S New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 43
    2- How long have you had MM? 5 Years
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery?
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? No, just tinnitus & ear fullness as well as ear feeling plugged.
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles?
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? No

12. goldie

goldie me and joshua

I'm not sure how to bring up the question and than answer it. goldie

13. goldie

goldie me and joshua

2.6years
    3.no
    5.yes
    6.IT was every other day but since putting the transderm patch no real vertigo since Jan3,07
    7.I have all system listed
    8.As for the vertigo same as #6 but the other stay systems stay with me
    9.no
    10.-

14. gert157

gert157 New Member

1. how old 39
    2. 10 yrs.
    3.yes
    4.labyrinthectomy, endolymphatic shunt
    5.yes
    6.varies
    7.no
    8.-----
    9.no
    10.-----

15. pardonme

pardonme Guest

16. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

1- 35
    2- 20 years
    3- no
    4- ---
    5- yes I did (Discovered Acyclovir)
    6- every day
    7- no
    8- ---
    9- no
    10- ---

17. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

11- Along with Meniere’s what other related disorders have you been diagnosed with? Autoimmune Inner ear Disease, Sinusitis, Allergies, Mastoiditis

12- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 21 (Had mild symptoms for 2 years previously) 1971 first ear (right) Dx Bilateral 1996 Dx with AIED in 2000

13- How long have you had MM? 35 years (or longer)

14- How long have you had the related diagnosis? 6 years for the AIED, 6 for the allergies and only had the others in the last 2-3 years

15- Have you had surgery? NO

16- If surgery, what kind of surgery? N/A

17- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? Last vertigo was April 2005 but have all the other symptoms 24/7 and now disequilibrium and lousy balance, also oscillopsia and drop attacks (Tumarkin's)

18- If 16 is yes, how long between cycles? doesn't cycle anymore, its continuous but when the vertigo was around attacks could vary from 3-4 a week to only a couple every 6 months....it was completely unpredictable

19- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? NO

20- If 18 is yes, how long between cycles? N/A

21- Do you have other symptoms with MM or your related diagnosis? Disequilibrium, oscillopsia, Tumarkin's Otholitic Crisis (almost daily, sometimes many a day) virtually never ending nausea, hyperacusis

22- If 20 is yes, what are those symptoms? Do they cycle or are they continuous? see above

23- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? NO

24- If 23 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments? N/A

18. mrs_kamm

mrs_kamm Sorry.. is the Noise in my head bothering you!

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 28
    2- How long have you had MM?Sept 2oo5
    3- Have you had surgery? NO
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery?
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes?
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? it changes all the time the longest I have gone is 4 months
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis?Yes i tried an chiopractor didnt help

11- Along with Meniere’s what other related disorders have you been diagnosed with? Panic attacks along with meniers I was fine before hand never had anxiteyand Vertigo ,Tinnitus
    12- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 28
    13- How long have you had MM?sept 2oo5
    15- Have you had surgery?NO
    17- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes?YES
    19- Do you have only ear fullness and vertigo without tinnitus? i dont think so
    Went to a chiropractor and he alingned me and went for couple monts make sure I was inline and all that I dont the proper words but didnt help

19. clear

clear New Member

1- 38
    2- 4 month
    3- No
    4- --
    5- Yes in the past
    6- --
    7- No
    8- --
    9- Yes
    10- Yes, significantly improved (see my post here http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php?topic=3080.105)

20. jagmi

jagmi New Member

Diagnosis-Meniere’s only

1- How old were you when diagnosed with MM? 32
    2- How long have you had MM? 6yrs
    4- If surgery, what kind of surgery? Sac decompression / also had DEX and Gent injections
    5- Do you have all of these symptoms: tinnitus, cycling ear fullness, vertigo episodes? yes
    6- If 5 is yes, how long between cycles? varies was having vertigo 3 or 4 times a week but vertigo free for 8 months since Gent injection. but still have fullness (Weather pressure can effect this with me) and Tinnitus (Tinnitus is 24/7)
    9- Have you seen an upper cervical chiropractor since your MM diagnosis? yes
    10- If 9 is yes, have you improved after beginning upper cervical chiropractic treatments? no