Suicide, has anyone ever contemplated it as an end to this "BEAST" Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Mar 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. muzicgirl

muzicgirl Of course, I'm the one in the blue bathing suite!

There is something here I don't understand either- how dare you say this topic should be locked and deleted- you are sending a message to those in need of help that they may not seek it here. Sometimes people need immediate intervention ( like calling 911 and having an ambulance take you to a psych ER) but sometimes people need to know they are not alone, and need to know it is ok to seek help (like here).

You have some nerve judging what others need. . .

2. burd

burd New Member

I didn't see that George was comparing meniere's to late stage cancer. He was talking about quality of life. Two different things.

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I agree, Charisse. I just answered the question.

5. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Nassman, Inever contemplated suicide but if I had not found the right doctor at the right time, I don't know what would have happened to me. MM had me so ill. I was alone in my late teens and early 20s. I could not hold a job because of constant vertigo and illness.

Then I met a sharp internist who referred me to the right doctor. That man within months turned my life around. He properly diagnosed and treated my Menieres. He had to go by his knowledge because all the high tech medicine was not available at that time. Along with the vergigo, nausea, tinnitus and weakness, I was profoundly deaf.

Vergigo was brought under control, my hearing was restored to a point where I could manage with hearing aids. I went on to have a wonderful career, active social life, and yes, a lot of tough times but with help I managed.

If that help didn't come at the right time, I think I would have contemplated suicide. I wasthe lucky one.

How wonderful it would have been to have an Internet and Board like this.

6. Bonxie

Bonxie New Member

7. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

Toni, please don't blame the messenger. I'm merely quoting a study I've read. Of course MM is not fatal but the study was concerned not with mortality but the quality of life. No one is saying that you feel this way or ever will - nor I! The studies are out there. I will try to find the link.

George

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

My heart goes out to Nassman and others with friends and family suffering so much. Also to those on this site struggling, and those hanging in there. I mean that sincerely.

9. charisse

10. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thank YOU Linda! :-

:'( :'(

11. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

well... i have avoided this topic like the plague, but cant do so any longer. My husband and my teenage son both suffer from bipolar disorder... and in my personal opinion, their diesease beats mine hands down...they both suffer at the hands of their own minds. And yes... both have contemplated suicide and my son has attempted it more than once... and until you have looked at your 11 year old son with rope burns around his neck, i dont think you get to have an opinion...sorry.

if i thought for one second that my husband or my son were seeking advice on the internet when they were suicidal..i'd come completely undone...period. People who are seriously contemplating suicide need REAL PROFESSIONAL help...not some faceless person on the internet. Sorry. We can be friends & supporters of one another, but we are not life savers.

i dont care if you dont like me. i dont care if you dont like my opinion. you will never EVER change my mind on this subject. And i will forever think you are wrong. But that doesnt mean we are not friends... it just means that I FEEL in MY opinion some of you are speaking without proper knowledge.

when you've held your child while he's been institutionalized for suicidal behavior REPEATEDLY before he's old enough to even drive.... THEN you may have a few facts to deal with.

respectfully yours...

becks

12. nassman

nassman Guest

God bless you Becks. Thank you for your honesty and heartfelt input. You have so eloquently said what I have poorly attempted to say before you.

Take care.

13. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I have felt suicidal, not necessarily from MM..........I think I have a chemical imbalance that tips greatly sometimes, even when my life seems "perfect". I have sought medical help, and never did stay on an anti- depressent, but trying one and seeking help really helped ME. I think it's a healthy thing to talk about and bring in the open. Depression goes on alot with chronic illness. It's good to see so many here living productive, happy lives. It's an inspiration. Lisa :)

14. annegina

annegina New Member

the original question was "has anyone contemplated it as an end to this beast Meniere's"
    Not "should we council and treat Meniere's patients on this forum"
    I would like to know what is so bad about answering that question if you feel you want to do so, because there were objections to its being allowed to be on here in the first place.
    I think many people chimed in about getting help and support, not necessarily about suicide but from many other unpleasant feelings we all deal with as a result of having MM, as as argument as to why the question should be allowed to be on here. I never read a No Suicide Talk Allowed clause on this forum.

15. charisse

16. charisse

17. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

What we need is a post that asks, "Has anyone tried sex to get rid of MM?" :D :D

This will lighten us up.

Joe

18. ariapace

ariapace New Member

Re: Suicide, has anyone ever contemplated it as an end to this "BEAST" Meniere'

:D :D :D
    well, have you? lol

19. Sarita

Sarita New Member

It works great....temporarily of course but yeah, it works. LOL!!
    And the nice part is that you get to do it all over again if it didn't work ;)

20. ariapace

ariapace New Member

as linda says, "begin again." lol :D