Stages We Go Through With a Chronic Disease or Condition

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by dizzjo, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. amberini

amberini New Member

at this rate, we are all PH.d candidates. :) :) :)

2. chill1479

chill1479 New Member

too bad our life experiences don't qualify us for the degree :/

3. dizzyallthetime

dizzyallthetime New Member

I think that Guilt and anger is where I am stuck at . Guilt because I had a great job with a great income . I now collect a retirement disability pension and my husband works all the time to try and make up my income . So I do feel guilty because of that and because I have to tell my kids no , but that might be a good thing , who knows . I have alot of anger because I can't afford the things I use to be able to , like vacations and I have a 15 year old daughter she is in 10thgrade and a 10 year old son it is hard to come up with money for "extras" . So I am angry and I feel guilty about that . I get angry because I am 38 and I am not supposed to feel lke this , when my 77 year old Dad does all my running around . When plans get cancelled at the last minute because I feel like crap . The list could go on and on .

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I found it helpful this morning. Part of the difficulty I'm experiencing is that I have to go through all of the stages every time the disease strikes. It goes away for long periods and then comes back and when it does, it's disruptive all over again. My treatment options are limited and things that used to work are no longer working. I wish there was a way for me to just come to acceptance already and try to adapt to a new normal.