SS thread locked

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irelandman, Jan 3, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Make up your mind--do you want a link or a cause?

Seems to me you are playing lawyer games. Sounds like you don't want to admit there's a link, as you dismiss all information I provided, and you do so without bothering to provide a relevant argument. In spite of knowing that the symptom list of B12 deficiency includes all symptoms of Meniere's, and that D-deficiency is causatively linked to autoimmune disorders, you insist that there's no proof that there's a causative link with vitamin deficiency.

It's a shame--you almost had me convinced that you really were looking for answers.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I think that's a brilliant question.

IS there such a thing as an unequivocally confirmed diagnosis of Meniere's?

3. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Personally, I don't know enough to comment on an "unequivocal" diagnosis.

In my own experience I think it's the fact that I'm a known migraineur with weird migraine symptoms (weirdo migraineurs rather than regular migraineurs are the ones who end up at the Hearing and Balance Clinic at the RPA in Sydney). And my symptoms are all known to be due to migraine - aural fullness/pressure, tinnitus (humming/muffled hearing) and rotational vertigo. I also have hearing loss but it is in the high frequencies rather than low and my understanding is that it is low, rather than high frequency hearing loss which is associated with MM. I have previously responded well to prophyllactic migraine meds. So on that basis they appear happy to conclude I don't have MM (although Prof H did tell me that's what he was looking for, in addition to migraine).

I really do think the MM diagnosis is given out too quickly. It is sort of odd that many doctors know about MM but don't know that the same symptoms can be caused by migraine (among other things). I have recently met a guy (Stephen Spring, you may even have heard of his case) who rapidly and aggressively lost his hearing in one ear and had the full range of MM symptoms. He's stone deaf now and has been offered a cochlear implant. His case is so extreme and confounding he's been seen by Prof H as well as Dr Gibson and teams of researchers have pored over his notes. Diagnosis? Migraine.

4. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

Tut tut, TM! I call Straw Man! :D

5. Nathan

Nathan New Member

You me both *laffs

6. Mystical Wombat

Millions...(ok, probably thousands) are interested in the answer.

www.how-vitamin-deficiency-directly-causes-symptoms-of-Menieres-Disease.com

Hmmm...another chardonnay, I think.

7. Mystical Wombat

If only it was as simple as popping a pill.

8. Mystical Wombat

The old ear shell scam, eh, me old mucker?

Remember when 'Blagger' Smith taught us elements of the long con, when we shared a err...room in the Scrubs? Ehh....those were the days....

This new medical scam is cool.....just keep my commissions coming, matey...

9. Mystical Wombat

I got some 'Bose' stickers, off of 'Moose' Wharton....eh, ee owed me a favour, know what I mean?

Nah, whack these stickers on, Professor, 'an the rubes will love 'em.......should work out to a nice little holiday in Bali for you and the little lady, eh? Or maybe the Gold Coast....nah, they got floods, yeh?

Now, how we gonna move these Cokler implant things? You stick 'em in your ear, or what?

10. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

You mean as the basis for a starting point of a discussion on vitamin deficiencies?

11. Nathan

Nathan New Member

If it's concave, it should do the job. WELL. Dog bowls, also

12. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Ah yes. The Magic Pill. I get that a lot too. "A pill you say? Why hasn't someone told me about pills? Let me call my neurologist now and demand this magic pill!"

13. Mystical Wombat

Good-o digger.....

Though dog's don't have any cash, yknow?

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I think if we just use one bowl and cut it in half we can keep the overheads down.

Can I suggest an Advanced Ear Shell - lined inside and out with tinfoil. On the outside to deflect the Gubmint's gamma rays and on the inside to capture the sun's magic vitamin D.

15. Mystical Wombat

Come now, Bronwyn, didn't your Mum ever tell you that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit?

16. Nathan

Nathan New Member

I've imagined Vitamin D & D 12 as a cure to mortality, too

17. Mystical Wombat

Tibooburra, here we come!

18. Nathan

Nathan New Member

S*$t, Sarcasm. Guilty as charged.

19. Mystical Wombat

I can feel another ban coming on! :)

20. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Surely I'm allowed to employ sarcasm when my own mother tells me about some old girl she plays tennis with who took an aspirin years ago which 'cured' her of her migraines and have I considered that?. Really, I should take her along to my next consult. Mother is 'from a medical family' which apparantly means you pick up medical knowledge by osmosis. Prof H could learn a thing or two from her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.