SS thread locked

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irelandman, Jan 3, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Like I said.....SS could have been forthcoming from post one i.e. his first post on this forum back in the vasopressin days. He chose not to be. Whatever the heck he says in PM is his business. Questions were asked openly on the forum and he didn't answer them openly.

2. June-

June- New Member

Who will buy the cow if you give the milk away free?

3. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Depends on whether or not the buyer likes steak, I guess

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It all tastes like chicken in the end.

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I don't know why TM, Hank and Intrepid and the others keep claiming that Stephen hasn't added value to this site. Who are you to judge who gets value from the discussion with him.

I stop by specifically to read the discussions about the things Stephen chooses to share and the answers to others inquiries about research, etc. I applaud him with how patient he has been while under unrelenting attack by people who for the most part aren't interested in finding their answer because they already have.

I have learned a lot from him and don't bother challenging me or pm'ing me to tell you all the things I have gained from the discussion.

Damn... I do great on boats and would have loved that invite INS ;) And Dr. Brown is HOT!! For you skeptics I not only know INS from this site but also from the MAV site long before Stephen ever popped up. Of course, for all the conspiracy theorists that fact probably doesn't mean squat. :D :D Wow, I even know her real name. :D

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

:) , I like this perspective, also.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I doubt I said that he does not add value to this site. If I did, I'd like for you to show me where.

My main point is that I don't understand why he chose to not reveal his information from post one last year. Period. I don't hear any more talk of vasopressin whereas last year, if anyone even tried to talk about AVs, he totally deflected and brought it back to Brown and vasopressin and went so far as to say that Brown's lab was this close to curing MD!

Then he comes back and it's AVs, immunomodulators and Gibson....and his own treatment plan. I don't hear any talk of Brown or vasopresin anymore.

All he needed to do from day one was be upfront. Instead it was like pulling teeth. The ones asking questions got slammed for asking too many questions. Well, had he just being forthcoming from the start maybe this would have taken a different turn.

I can't speak for anybody else but as far as I am concerned scientific talk does not impress me. I hear it, I read it, I research it all day long. People who speak fancy and drop medical bombs and terms don't impress me too much either.

I would have been impressed and very interested if he had listed (FROM DAY ONE) what exactly helped him overcome his symptoms. He didn't. The rest is pretty much irrelevant to me.

I don't think I've ever sent you any PMs to ask about Spring or his great breakthroughs or challenge you on anything Spring related :eek:

9. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

Aaaaahhhh go on. even after all the name calling and accusations? Aaaaahhhh do......

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

My accusations were not false. I heard from someone pretty reliable here (but who knows who is reliable anymore!) that he had his own plan going and that he sold it at a price. I asked SS about it openly. Eventually he admitted to it.

But you're right in that he's entitled to his corner without interruptions so I won't make anymore.

11. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Please post a quote from me where I claimed that Stephen has not added value to this site.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Source? You sound like an investigative reporter trying to impeach the President!

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks Stephen ... :)

It's a lot of good information and gives us all different things to think about.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nice!

Out of all your posts, this one makes the most sense and is clear.

15. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

must be dinner time :D

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I agree with Intrepid--this is the first time you have clearly expressed your position.

And I am not cavilling, but disagreeing with your dismissing the causative role of vitamin deficiency in autoimmune disorders:

http://clinical-trial-studies.findthedata.org/l/69982/Vitamin-D-Deficiency-Causes-Immune-Dysfunction-and-Enables-or-Perpetuates-the-Development-of-Rheumatoid-Arthritis
    Vitamin D Deficiency Causes Immune Dysfunction and Enables or Perpetuates the Development of Rheumatoid Arthritis

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/747623

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00279461
    Vitamin D Deficiency is Associated With an Increased Autoimmune Response in Healthy Individuals and in Patients With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

http://www.livestrong.com/article/505590-can-low-vitamin-d-cause-autoimmune-diseases/
    CAN LOW VITAMIN D CAUSE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES?

http://autoimmunityresearch.org/preprints/WaterhouseAnnals2009Preprint.pdf
    Reversing Bacteria-induced Vitamin D Receptor Dysfunction Is Key to Autoimmune Disease

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Seriously... enough already. Start your own thread and argue Vitamin D there.

18. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I read a paper that says anyone who takes 800,000 IU of vitamin D per day is cured of arguing.

19. tm53

tm53 New Member

^ funny!

20. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

What the heck?!

Stephen states that vitamin deficiencies are not a cause of autoimmune dysfunction. Why do YOU have a problem with my posting peer-reviewed studies that state that a particular vitamin deficiency is, indeed, a cause of autoimmune dysfunction? How does that threaten YOU?

Perhaps you'd like to let him answer for himself instead of leaping to his defense?

What if he has a good explanation for why he thinks these studies are incorrect? Why should you deprive him of the opportunity to explain so? And why should you deprive us of the chance to learn the reasons why he believes those studies are incorrect?

Do YOU already know these answers? If so, explain them. If not, stop cavilling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.