SS thread locked

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irelandman, Jan 3, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Don't forget to check under the bed first!

2. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

Dial 1800 Commie.

3. Mystical Wombat

Actually, I shouldn't be so rude. I have many lovely American friends...

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

A boat? For people with balance problems?? God, only in Australia.... LOL. If I am not symptomatic I'm OK on boats, if the sea is completely calm. Otherwise I'll spew. PM me the details.

5. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

P.S Who is the Hearing and Balance Centre at Bondi - is that Granot?

6. Mystical Wombat

7. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

well done Angelea, most common sense post i have heard.
    I have been accused of being a SS minion, treating him as a god, a worshipper etc etc etc and even an alter ego. I am now getting bullying pm,s from a certain regular female poster telling me to post publicly my pm's from SS. The thing is, I was going to share my pm's from SS, but will definetely not share them now.

8. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

I wll share one bit of stephens pm's to me. he has personally contacted dr. gibson to point me in the right direction to follow the viral route in the UK. Gibson e mailed me and both him and SS have given me all the advice and direction i need to start.
    SS even offered to meet me in the UK later on this year while he is on business.
    No mention of money, just very helpful advice from a fellow menieres sufferer. ok, some might rightly hold a few suspicions, but i think some people and some agressive ladies owe the man an apology.
    If you have suspicions, go sort it and research it yourself and make your own mind up. no need for endless bullying..

9. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Bullying... yes, that sums it up.

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

And with all due respect returned, Angelea, I have no interest in protecting you from yourself, or from Stephen. My remarks are directed to Stephen to

1. Speak plainly

2. Use this site for its stated purpose, to in the best manner one can support people who suffer these symptoms

and therefore,

3. Tell us what he knows, or chooses to share, if he knows anything, in the plain language to which he might address his mother if she were suffering these symptoms

4. If he cannot do that, go away and come back when he either can, or learns how and can, because the manner in which he addresses these issues, to many, is maddening, not helpful, and makes him appear as a fraud to a significant portion of the folks who read him, which only works against his credibility, and frustrates those he is here, ostensibly, to help.

The idea that someone should not read something if they don't like the way the person writes, on a support site, where the members are folks with symptoms for which most of their doctors has told them that there is no cure, especially when Stephen says he has developed a cure, is ludicrous. Now if someone comes in behind me and says that Stephen has not said that he has a cure, then we have a disagreement that stems solely from the fact that Stephen's postings are riddled, covert, ostentatious, stilted, and virtually beyond comprehension by normal people.

And Irelandman, please know that I am gratified that Stephen helped you out as he did, but only in private. Your straightforward questions had been in plain view for Stephen for two days before I asked him to answer them for you, which then he did. I take no credit for that. I only point out that Stephen has been less that forthcoming; his answers in public here have been all of those things I stated above; and if he were really trying to help people as he obviously did you, then it is hard to understand why he cannot be as forthcoming with everyone else, as he was with you. Any ire Stephen has perceived has been a product of his own methods here.

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Hank: I should give you the 5400.00 invoice alpha spine billed me for Nucca treatment.

I took your advice, it made me worse and all it did was cost me money and the conclusion your Nucca treatment was a sham!

12. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Hey, check out this brand new invention:

[​IMG]

13. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Lol! @Hank - your criticism of SS is EXACTLY the same as those I've heard of you. Judge not lest ye be judged.

A productive approach might be to read, or reread, SS's post above and ask direct questions about what he has laid out. If there is something needing clarification, ask a specific question directly related to that point. Some have claimed to have asked questions that have not been answered to their satisfaction. Some of those questions, IMHO, have been vague and accusatory in nature. I think the above post is pretty straightforward and in plain English, offering a good jumping off point if you are interested in more details.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No apology from me. Dude could have been forthcoming from post one......back in the Vasopressin days. I stick with my parrocchial beliefs.

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Angelea, would you mind posting a link to such a criticism of Hank? The only criticisms of him that I have seen were ones that said he gave too MUCH information!

16. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

You couldn't possibly be serious.

17. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

:D :D :D :D

that may be the funniest thing i've ever seen posted here!!! :D :D :D :D

oh, wow...

but seriously, angelea...don't take the bait, people here are too en"lightened" enough already. ;)

18. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Seems what we are all looking for is:

1. Someone to find a cure.
    2. Post the supporting data of said cure in layman's terms here on the forum for all to read.
    3. Do it all for free. No donations needed to support the cost of the necessary literature, trials, equipment, subjects, etc. etc. that go in to finding said cure. Remember money DOES grow on trees. Silly scientists. Oh, wait, SS isn't a credentialed scientist. Hmmm... what to do about that?
    4. Make it something every sufferer can get from their doctor or local GNC at low cost and without risk.
    5. And relay the message with angel music playing in the background.

This might sound facetious, and I suppose it is, but my point is: no one is perfect and life is messy. It is what it is. Suffering is the result of wanting things to be different than they are. Seems there is a lot of "suffering" over wishing SS would live up to their expectations and just give them the answer they want without having to do anything on their part.

SS is not always articulate. He doesn't answer everyone's questions to their satisfaction. He probably leaves the toilet seat up and the cap off the toothpaste, too.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Look who comes back just for the sh*t of it.......

20. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Oops. Too late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.