SS thread locked

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Irelandman, Jan 3, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

Anyone have any idea why? I thought this thread is/was a valuable contribution to the forum, and i felt it was just getting started. the thread was provoking healthy discussion with knowledgable people on all things meniere's.
    surely to lock the thread is a bad day for menieres.org
    there has not been many thought provoking threads that generate interest in quite a while, can someone unlock this thread please?

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I have no idea why. Perhaps Ray will post an answer to your question?

I do find it curious that Stephen was so careful not to start a thread of his own this time. He only posted on threads started by others.

3. June-

June- New Member

No idea. Ask Ray.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I checked that thread almost daily because I found it to be of interest. I am sorry to see it locked.

Thanks for trying Irelandman.

5. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I wonder if the person who paid $5,000 for the "cure" decided to complain to Ray?

6. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

I wonder if you are fanning the embers of idle speculation, hoping to start a fire?

7. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

If getting potentially ripped off were the criteria, perhaps the NUCCA threads would have all been locked long ago :D

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

The only people here that mention money or cures are you and Intrepid. Stephen never mentioned it.

I have to wonder if the people here who like to twist the facts and put out misinformation are the same ones who do the complaining. :-\

The thread didn't get destroyed in the normal way because the trouble-makers were ignored so maybe alternate means of destroying the thread were used instead. Who knows?

9. June-

June- New Member

Stephen has said he charges 'for his time', that he has a patented cure and that he requires patients to sign a contract requiring confidentiality to participate in his patented healing regimen. When asked for particulars to back up his statements he asserts that his knowledge is based on research studies he is not at liberty to discuss.

Other than his secret sources which he cannot share, he appears to have no more credentials than any of the rest of us on this board.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Like I said, he is not the one bringing it up all the time.... others do it to smear him.

I don't think he is any more or less important than anyone else here and we should be able to discuss with him whatever we want without the constant interruption.

We can decide for ourselves whether the information we receive is valuable or not. We don't need it vetted through a few individuals here.

11. June-

June- New Member

Stephen, I am not clear. If a person signs a confidentiality agreement for you do they then get access to your patented treatment plan? Is there any payment required?

12. June-

June- New Member

What does this mean? If they request it I request it?

If a person wants your patented treatment plan, what do they have to do? Do they have to pay you anything? If so how much? Why won't you answer this question?

13. June-

June- New Member

How much is your fee?

14. June-

June- New Member

Thank you for the clarification.

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

This is what I find disturbing.

You are not a doctor. You are not a scientist. You are not, by training, a researcher.

You are a lawyer.

How is it legal (let alone ethical) for a lawyer to charge for what is essentially the practice of medicine?

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Caroline,

I read your post before the edit. I would have not brought up the 5K had I not known for sure. So, no, TM and I did not speculate or whatever it is you posted. I really did know the cost.

17. Wino

Yeah, I can't figure out whether the objection is to charging for time (like Stephen said, that's a personal choice), or because a non-physician is offering treatment recommendations to be shared with a physician.

If he does it for free, is the objection dropped? And if there is an objection anyway, why not object to other non-physicians who make medical recommendations and diagnoses on this board all the time?

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't care what he sells or charges.

From the start I asked two things A) What exactly is in his treatment plan and B) How much dos it cost.

Now he has confirmed B. Eventually the treatment will make it to a scientific journal (his words) and we will know A.

They don't charge for making non-medical recommendations. They say what worked for them, lay it out here and that's it. There is no solicitation.

The forum has been pretty swift at kicking off people who come to sell their MM healing products (books, USANA, magnets, laser theapy etc.).

19. June-

June- New Member

I have no objection if the deal is clear and upfront. Now it's clear. Anyone who wants to ante up to find out the information stephen alludes to can do so and be in on the secret. I do think it would be a good idea to have a lawyer read the non disclosure agreement before signing to fully understand what they are getting into.

But be aware if the $5000 regimen is nothing new you won't be getting your money back.

20. Wino

Right, which is why I prefaced the statement by asking whether the objection is to the charge, or to the purported unlicensed practice of medicine. And I'm saying if it's the latter, well, that's something lots of people do on here and not always under the rubric of "this is what worked for me." I'm talking outright making diagnoses and medical recommendations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.