Sports thread!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Apr 13, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

what a great team

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

It sure is, maybe, just maybe, the stud QB is not what you need to win it all. I like the way they are built----good qb, not great and studs all over the defense and running game and a coach that lets them play.

I think the Dolphins are going to be the surprise team next year.

3. Halos

Halos New Member

Maybe next year for my 49er's.

I like basketball, Go Warriors

4. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Sorry to all the Denver fans. You guys got outplayed.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I enjoy watching the winter Olympics and cannot wait for them to get started!
    Go USA!

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

i did not know that there was deaf player playing in this years Super Bowl until i read the papers this morning.

Derrick Coleman, a fullback for the Seattle Seahawks is deaf, and is the first offensive player in the NFL and the first deaf player to compete in a Super Bowl.

See there, Deaf people even play professional football.
    Good Job Derrick!

7. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

huh??

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Yep, he is deaf according to the reports I read. I believe he is #40.
    Derrick Coleman, fullback for Seattle Seahawks is clinically deaf.

9. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I want to compliment Russell Wilson on how he handles himself with reporters. He is only 25 only his 2nd year in the NFL and he is so posed and classy. Would be proud to be his mom! He was on GMA with Robin Roberts and is an All American boy IMO.

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Yep, very humble. I like the kid. I thought it was neat that he used to go to Peyton Mannind passing camp as a kid. Those 2 have remained close over the years. Both ate very classy and humble superstars. Definitely would make a parent proud.

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Michael Sams in some sort of way I kind of admire you for coming out, but I just don't know why gay people have to announce to the world "I'm gay" who cares, just live your life. I like the guy and if he can help us win put him on my team, I don't care if you are gay or straight or have 3 eyes we are a team that wins together and looses together. As the late Al Davis said: "Just win baby"

Put my Orange Orioles cap on today! Go O's

12. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

so what your trying to say is, if nobody knew that gay people were walking around, driving cars, buying homes, the world would be a better place?

13. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Your funny!

What I am saying is who cares what you are gay, straight or bisexual just do your job. I have always wondered why gay people have to announce what they are, who cares, I don't.

The fact is I don't care that Michael Sam's is gay. If he can help my team win, that's all I care about. His sexuality is his private business and nobody else's.

Michael Sam's is a dam good football player, whether he is gay or straight should not matter.

It's like me saying "I am a gay electrician". Who cares what my sexual preference is, I don't give a rats ass, Can you fix my electrical problem is what is important!

Why anybody should feel the need to tell the world I they are gay or straight is beyond me and more importantly nobody should care, I certainly don't care what you do behind closed doors.

14. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I think it helps younger gay people who struggle with society saying straight or nothing, my way or the highway, I'm always right and your always wrong. Conservatives and Republicans don't want to bend or accept reality of what is and what will always be. I think that is why gay people (who are very brave) come out, to set an example to kids who are born, feeling attracted to the same sex. It is what it is, sorry, but there not going away, even if wish that they would.

15. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

USA/Russia hockey game today one of the best games ever. Go USA!!

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Yes, great game! Go USA

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I have it on good authority that the Giants just hired Barry Bonds as their new hitting coach.

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I hope they beat the Dodgers!

19. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Me too! No matter who their batting coach is! :D

20. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Congratulations to Bode Miller for winning the Bronze in the super G. Bode is from NH my home state. He is the oldest (at age 36) skier to win a total of 6 Olympic medals. He had a rough year emotionally and physically. To win the bronze was huge. I watched an interview where the reporter kept questioning him on how he was feeling at the very moment it was obvious he was breaking down and she wouldn't let it go she kept hounding him with the Tv camera right in his face. Finally he feel to his knees in tears. WTF is wrong with the reporters they are vipers. So many times they get in people faces I am surprised that anyone would talk to them. This particular reporter was brutal......