Spinal Canal Stenosis

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by LAnn33, Oct 11, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LAnn33

LAnn33 New Member

I have been dx with Degenerative Disc Disease and spinal canal stenosis. I was wondering if anyone else has problems, more specifically, with spinal canal stenosis. Do you think this may have anything to do with the nerves that run to the area that controls the ear, head, etc. Just a theory......

Leigh Ann

2. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

hi leigh ann!!

i dont have any of the problems you mention. i just
    wanted to welcome you here. :)

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Yes I do have these problems, if I tip my head up to look at the sky, I'm dizzy. I cannot put a phone on my shoulder and hold it with my head anymore. If I shave under my arms, I cannot turn my head to look at what I'm doing either.

4. charisse

I see you live in Buford Ga, so do I. What a small world, where do you live in Buford? I can't believe it,someone here from my town ;D

5. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

Leigh Ann... as i understand it, Spinal stenosis usually affects the lower body..my father has it... it worsens (hence the term degenerative :) ) and causes excruciating back, hip & leg pain, stooped posture and gait/balance issues..

good luck...you seem to be awfully young to have been diagnosed with these problems.. becks

6. LAnn33

LAnn33 New Member

hey becks, yes, i am 33, and i have been dx with DDD and spinal canal stenosis. i think i can correct some of the bulging disc with therapy and supplements, however, i know it will never fully go away. i am just hoping to prevent any major deterioration to the point of loss in bladder/bowel function, surgery or, disability. as for the DDD, well that is what is causing the spinal canal stenosis, and oddly enough, with time the symptoms usually disappear. i guess what i am trying to say is you can have one without the other. i happen to have both! plus, the lovely MM. but thanks! i do think you can have stenosis of the cervical region as well. bye! --leigh ann

7. LAnn33

LAnn33 New Member

hey chraisse! i live near hamilton mill area, and you????????? WOW!

8. charisse

I live off Hamilton Mill Rd on Sardis Church, Oh I can't believe it we could touch each other :D Do you know where the new walmart is going up on Hamilton Mill? Its close to 85, Sardis Church is right across from that new Walmart. I've only lived here for 2 years, and can remember getting lost all the time with these winding roads that turn into a different name once you get around the a bend :D I have spinal stenosis in the cervical area, they keep saying it doesn't cause dizziness, could have fooled me. Maybe for me it has to do more with the blood vessels that get inflammed due to the mav.

9. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

neighbors...how funny... small world after all isnt it ya'll? LOL

10. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I have severe-degenerative arthritis of entire spine -cervical, thoracic and lumbar. I also have severe stenosis in these areas. I had MM first.

11. LAnn33

LAnn33 New Member

charisse, i can't believe it! i live off sardis church road too!!!!!!!! past thompson mill rd though. yes, i am fully aware of the new WALMART. i have lived here for 6 years now. i live in a subdivision called duncan preserve, are you familiar (don't tell me you live in that subdivision!?) we should get together, my goodness! i also have another MM friend in Buford, let's stay in touch at least. --leigh ann

12. charisse

I live in Wyndham Park I know where you are, passed it many times. I think this is so neat. We should get togeather some time when we both feel well enough. I'm only stones throw from Thompson Mill