So this is where my tithing has gone

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Jan 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

www.inplainsite.org/html/tele-evangelist_lifestyles.html

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Very interesting material, even if it did take me 45 minutes to read it all! :)

Hey, David, how are you? How's your daughter?

:)

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I'm o.k.except for the fact that I've been noshing too much.I almost polished off my second bag of chocolate covered pretzels tonight.
    Amy's o.k.too,although she was at her office 11 hours today.Sweet thing calls me every day.
    How are you Gina?How's your hubby?

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Things are stressful, but good!

Thanx, for asking. :)

That's really sweet of her to call so much! :)

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Yes,yes it is.I feel very fortunate.Btw,that article I posted,I only skimmed it.It's disgusting to see how these alledged men of God live.

6. June-

June- New Member

While I am no fan of those who make millions from your faith in their faith including many mentioned on this page, this web page offers no substantiation of its claims and much of it is just opinion.

There are con men out there everywhere trying to separate us from our money. If we don't do our homework and just send dollars whenever they say something that makes us feel good or believe in them, then we don't have much to complain about. God gave us a brain for reasons, and one of them is to ferret out the flimflam men.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Read this article and check out the video. It will make you rethink a lot of things and above all, I hope, make you see that not all men of God who preach about the word of God are out there to get you and your money. It is all about the individual and this man, Dobson, chose a different path after being struck by a severe life-altering disease:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/18/tending-the-garden-one-person-at-a-time/?hpt=hp_c1

8. June-

June- New Member

I just read that story too. We all evolve through our lives. With any luck we never quit learning about ourselves and about other people. Most 60 year olds I know do not think they know as much as they thought they knew at 40. Life does that to you.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Sure does, doesn't it!

Ah, just give what your heart tells youth, and give it up to God.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

So daBronx - you've been giving your $$ to TV evangelists?

11. daBronx

daBronx New Member

You're joking aren't you.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It's what your original post was about. What point were you trying to make other than your tithing isn't going where you want it to? I could only assume you were talkign about your money going out to these fellows that are making millions.

14. daBronx

daBronx New Member

You assume correctly.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

IMO, there is an easy solution, stop giving.

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

So, if I'm (finally) getting it - the church that you choose to give to is using your money towards other things than helping people in any way they can.

I must've misunderstood. I thought your original post had to to with TV evangelists. I gotta practice up on my interpretations!!

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

A tithsket, a tasket, just stop putting it in the basket or go to a different church.
    I'm Catholic, but the new administration,
    Is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

God doesn't care what church we go to, or how much money we give!

Take care, happy Easter

P.S. Epicopalian Curches and Masses mimic Catholicism, but their Priests can marry, and you hardly, if ever hear about their priests molesting young boys.
    Baptist masses are Joyful, too!
    Great Choirs and Gospel music.

Take care!
    Happy Easter