So God made a farmer-Alladin

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Oct 30, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

www.biggeekdad.com/2011/10/farmers-tribute/

2. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Thanks, I like that. Very true.

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Very nice, very true

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Oh my gosh, I cried. This is our life. I am from the city and often miss the 'ease' of city life. Living on a farm and being married to a seventh generational farmer/homestead farm and land, it was culture shock for me. But love takes you to many new and strange places - out of your comfort zone.

I remember the first time I saw my husband carry a new born calf around his shoulders because she was too weak to walk on her own. Or when he carried my beloved colt for the first time, her little strong legs were shaking as much as mine were. I took every step with them even though I was on opposite sides of the fence. Or the day we rescued a little lamb who had been attacked by a dog and how he went from feeding 1,000 bulls to making a baby bottle for a little helpless lamb.

I am blessed. It has taken me a long time to see this. Thank you David for opening my eyes a little more.

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I will post some photos soon of what I have spoken about. I tend to capture moments like this on film.

6. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Hugs, A!

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

You have a wonderful life A, with amazing things to be seen everyday!
    You are Blessed!

8. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Brought back memories of small town and country life. Thought of my days as a 4Her. Nice memories of beautiful times and wonderful people.

9. daBronx

daBronx New Member

In the future,farms may be different.They may have tractors and harvesting equipment without a human operator.They'll have software programs running the equipment 24 hours,7 days a week.I've seen video's of robotic toy cars herding cattle.
    But we'll always have farmers such as Aladdin and her husband tirelessly working their farms so that we can have milk on the table and meat for our families to eat.
    The next time you visit your local grocery store,say a little prayer thanking God for the tens of thousands of farmers who make our lives worthy of living.

10. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

-Thank you. I never realized how hard life is on the farm. Literally working from sun-up to sun-down. My husband also works a full-time job in season to supplement life on the farm. Being a full-time farmer is not enough to make ends meet now days. Most people nearby farm because they love it and it is in their blood.

I spent this weekend trying to get rid of turnips. My father in law has spent the weekend trying to get rid of tomatoes and lettuce. I wish I could ship the bounties to places like Africa, heck even to ship and/or send to people in America who are hungry.

Blessings David.

11. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

13. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

14. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

If you like tractors we have green, red and blue. :)

15. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I think I just fell in love, I am moving to colorado to a horse farm, so beautiful, so much space and fresh air. Beautiful!

16. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Great pics, A! I carried on hubby's dream as long as I could, it was just way to much for one person to handle. I miss it as well!

17. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pharoah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My spoiled rotten filly.

18. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Darling it is so hard especially by yourself. I am of little help but I try. I am good with the colts and cows. I am sorry dear girl. You are welcomed here anytime.

19. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Great pictures,just beautiful.
    Bless you too Aladdin.

20. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

In my Mom's family (my Big Daddy farmed (and worked as a butcher off season))...she and her brother's laughed at the John Denver song that began..Life on the farm is kinda laid back...Mom sang it" life on the farm is NEVER laid back!"..they did like the chorus (Thank God I'm a Country Boy!) :D

Farmers have it tough today,and we do need to thank them more!!

T,the pictures are wonderful..I wanna come visit!! :) We have turnips,rutabagas,collards,& broccoli planted..our season is much later than yours down here! :) :)

I need to post pictures of our cotton fields...I'm surrounded by cotton this year!! :eek: