SNOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dolfan, Feb 8, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

The southeast coast is beautiful if you are ok with humidity. Culturally, you might like the Pacific Coast better.

2. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I was cold watching my Dolphins play in Pittsburg today

3. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

It's snowing here again and very cold......brrrrrr.

Only 3 months and 10 days until the first day of Spring.

4. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Heavy snow here..the evergreens are beautiful!

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Light dusting here ... -9 Celsius at the moment :p

6. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

sunny and 75 ;D

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Maybe I should move to Florida.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

I wish you would.

This past week my niece and her adult son were here. It was in the high 70s or low 80s and sunny most every day. They walked the beach and said people were swimming (they didn't think to take their suits.) The nights dropped to the mid-60s, then back up the next day. They just went back today and it was single digits when their plane landed.

The average high in Daytona for December is 72 so it was warmer than usual. They walked 15,000 steps almost every day. It was good to have them here with me for a whole week.

Last night it got a bit colder but today it went up into the low 70s again.

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Soaking up the sun most days here in Mexico :D

Tons of snow back home though. Looking like it may have an impact on our Christmas plans :D The amount of snow in Toronto is unseasonable for us in December.

10. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

IT STOPPED SNOWING BUT MORE IS..PROMISED. WIND CHILLS ARE BELOW ZERO. MERRY WHITE CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU

11. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

go south for Christmas

12. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Tempts going to be in the lower 60's Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm really wishing for a white Christmas.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

We're heading back to winter today. At least it's only 0 back home today :p

Looks like some family plans this weekend may have to be cancelled because of predicted ice storm. Where we are headed is a notoriously difficult area to drive in storms :(

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I told you that kind of weather is total sh*t and you guys were: no there is beauty in it.

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Nothing is totally good or totally bad :D There's beauty in all of it.

16. June-

June- New Member

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

17. chrisk

chrisk New Member

My wife just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Northern Minnesota.

She said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is 32 below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. Wind chill is -59. Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let the drunken bastard in.

18. BumbleBea

BumbleBea New Member

19. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

This southern girl has been reveling in the snow since mid December :)

20. chrisk

chrisk New Member

We're having another heat wave like we had at Christmas time, should be over 80 here today.