SNOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dolfan, Feb 8, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

The stuff is really coming down now!

2. Jäger

Jäger Me and My sweetie 15 years ago :)

My kids are jealous.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

You're so full of it Scott :D Last I checked it wasn't snowing in Florida :p

Come here if you want to see a little snow ;)

[​IMG]

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

your right Caro, it was 85 today. To hot for me, my son was swimming in the lake down the street.

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Ha ha ha ... sounds rough :D You can send a little of that sunshine this way ;)

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Scott ... would you clean the snow off the car for your woman? :p

7. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I don't like snow or cold weather. I don't like hot weather either. Tomorrow should be nice. Low of 61, hi of 79, with lower humidity. If only it could be that way, forever and ever.

8. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

You should move to San Luis Obispo in California. About 72 all year round. :)

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Or Hawaii :)

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It's so beautiful outside today with the sun shining brightly on a couple of feet of snow that has piled up. Picture postcard morning. :)

All the neighbourhood is out, helping one another, clear out all the snow from driveways. The snowbanks are about 4' high after all the shoveling.

11. daBronx

daBronx New Member

That is one thing I will never miss,snow and near zero freezing temps.

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Same here. I fail to see any beauty in snow and freezing temps. San Luis Obispo sounds wonderful...too bad it's so darn expensive to live there.

13. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

snow is nice when you are looking down a slope

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nah. I don't like snow and cold anywhere. I'm a year round summer type of gal.

15. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I often wear a light jacket during the summer.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

How can you fail to see the beauty in snow? A white, crisp and shimmery landscape is a joy to behold.

Today was a beautiful sun shining day which makes the snow glimmer. The undisturbed snow as I look out of my window this evening reflects the light and looks like thousands of glimmering diamonds.

One who witnesses such a thing could never dismiss the beauty of it. :) It's one of the joys of Mother Nature.

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Because I've lived most of my life in sub tropical and Mediterranean areas. That is where I am most comfortable and the type of climate I love. I don't like snow or the cold and nope, I don't find it wonderful to be in those climates. Accept it :D
    We'd go skiing in the winters when I was growing up and I can't say I had an awesome time.Too many clothes, jackets, coats, gloves, scarves, hats, boots.

But hey, I don't mind you lovin' it.

18. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Some of what we had...

[​IMG]

19. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I don't like the cold either :p

When we have a big dump of the beautiful snow the weather is pretty mild, believe it or not :D When it is brutaly cold it doesn't snow like that, at those times winter is miserable.

When we were all shovelling the snow the next day it was warm and sunny out. :) Now the big melt is on and it is all disappearing. :p

20. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Wow ... that's a beautiful picture Alisa. :)

I wished that I already had my good camera when we had all that snow. Still waiting for it to go on at a good price :p