Sleep problems abound--Brain Zaps anyone ???

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by EARINGER, Sep 19, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Like Tumbleweed, I have no weight issues but I do have MAV. I've had all the blood work for health indicators (cholesterol, insulin, triglycerides, etc...), all were in normal healthy ranges. No muscle twitches for me.

2. EARINGER

EARINGER Pug-lover /M-C mechanic/carpenter/E-Bayer

I"m going to give a bump to my old post , the brain zaps are back in full force , and so is the Ti , started exercising again , lightly , and this is the only thing that I have changed lately , diet ,meds are the same . Ears are ringing nicely now and I"m gulping down lemonade (fresh squeezed of course )trying to get them quiet down , I know the brain zaps will be waiting for me when I go to bed . SUX BIGTIME !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Eric

3. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Eric - are you still taking any AD's? Still coming off one? Hasn't it been awhile? What's going on? Yes indeed I am asking more questions instead of giving you answers. ;D

4. EARINGER

Hi Carolanne ; I haven"t been on an anti-depressant in a month , and things were getting better , I can only guess it was the exercising that started it up again ; if you remember my history , it was the antibiotic Cipro-floxacin that got me in this pickle to begin with , Menieres is only a secondary reaction , quinolone poisoning was/is my primary problem , us "floxies" have underlying damage that makes us very tempermental to diet/meds/stress . If I change my routine or eat anything I shouldn"t , I relapse quickly . I am constantly cycling with symptoms week by week , this the life I"ve led since my exposure to Cipro . Go to "Deathbycipro" website it will describe in full detail what I live with . Thanx for your concern . :'( :'( :'( Eric

5. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Eric that really stinks for you. I'm sorry you have so much to deal with. Despite it all you seem like a really great, smart and funny guy. Hang tough!

6. EARINGER

Carolanne I have my days , like everyone else I guess , some good , but mostly bad . A year ago I was a normal , healthy person , then I started getting a minor UTI , nothing big , just some burning when I pd , the doc I had thought he would try a "super antibiotic" on me , and never told me about the drug or its possible side-effects , within 10 days my life completely changed . Tinnitus , insomnea , paranoia , brain-zaps , etc. If you know anyone useing Cipro or any other quinolone based antibiotic (levequin,floxacin), tell them to quit now , if your ever prescribed it, refuse it , ask for a Z-pak instead . It is man made poison plain & simple , developed for Anthrax , and rushed into production by our own FDA . It might not bite you the first few times , but when it does you"ll know it . And you won"t like it ....... :mad: :mad: :mad: Eric

7. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Eric

Have you every tried Macrobid for UTI infection. I've had chronic for years off/on and currently i'm taking it again! I've often wondered what corrolation it had with the Menieres symptoms as well AND it can create yeast in the body which is direct effect on the ears. You might want to address a yeast infection in digestive tract (antifungal treatment) and it could help with you tinnitus and your other symptoms, it sure did mine.

Macrobid is pretty strong itself too. I tried the one you are on years back for sinus infection, 5 days...didn't do a thing. Sorry you are going through so much trouble...feel better soon.

8. EARINGER

Hi Mya ; My UTI is pretty much fixed ,I think , its the aftermath of the Cipro I am dealing with . If it comes back I will probably go with a macrobid based antibiotic , only because it is one of the few antibiotic familys I haven"t tried , and it seems like you have to introduce new antibiotics into your system to get anything to work . I am almost immune to penicillin/amoxicillian ; infact my good flora is so depleted I am introducing Probiotics (PB8)into my system (antibiotics kill off the good flora ) to get my "good bugs" back up. I also eat yogurt every morning . My immune system is so weak , that one good flu would probably do me in , or at least I would feel like it has . Another thing I have learned from all this is don"t take an antibiotic unless you absolutely need it , it takes away something from you everytime you use them , making you weaker instead of stronger to fight off new illnesses . I think Big Pharma knows all about this ..... ??? ??? ??? Eric

9. Andrew

Andrew New Member

From a NY Times article: In the Dreamscape of Nightmares, Clues to Why We Dream at All

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/23/science/23angi.html?ex=1350878400&en=d29e8be39493eb99&ei=5124&partner=facebook&exprod=facebook

When slipping into REM sleep, Dr. Levin said, “the whole brain changes.” “Neurochemically, it’s like the Fourth of July,” as cortical precincts shift colors in scanning images to indicate arousal or quiescence, he said, adding, “The limbic system becomes incredibly active, much more so than when you’re awake, which is why you’re emotionally on edge in dreams.”
    Blazing with particularly patriotic fervor in the limbic system are the amygdala and anterior cingulate cortex, constituting what Steven H. Woodward, a psychologist at the V.A. hospital in Menlo Park, Calif., terms the brain’s “axis of fear.” At the same time, the prefrontal cortex, seat of rational thought and critical reasoning, is on lunch break, Dr. Levin said, “which is why you can have a dream where something has 4 heads and 12 legs, and you think, ‘No problem, what’s next?’”