Sick of it all!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Cillana, Oct 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Cillana

Cillana New Member

Home Epley seems to be working. Felt good enough yesterday to take a walk around the block. Felt a bit dizzy afterwards and had to sit down for a bit. The weather is getting nice and cool. My mom put a chair out for me so I could enjoy the breeze and the cool grass on my feet for a while. I hadn't been outside in days. ;D

2. dizzychick

dizzychick New Member

Cillana,

Hi, sorry to hear that, this board has been great for me, I find out new possibilities every time I come on! Could you tell me what plf is? I am assuming mm is meniers right? I am new hear and new to my symptoms, so I do not know all the abbreviations just yet.

Thanks for your help, and remember it's just an everyday carnival! Thank god I'm not seeing clowns though! Now that would make me sick for sure!

3. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hi dizzychick,

I'm still kinda of new to this twisted carnival too....but this site and these great people have been bringing me up to speed real quick :)

You're right - mm is a quick shortform for meniere's used often on the net. It stands for Morbus Meniere's. It's not an official acronym though so doctors don't usually know what we're referring to if using mm with them. Medse seems to be the official acronym, and sometimes m.d. (which to me refers to Muscular Dystrophy).

PLF = Perilymph Fistula
    Here's a bit on it....

http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular-disorders/specific-disorders/perilymph-fistula.php

Amethyst

4. dizzychick

dizzychick New Member

Hey Thanks so much Amethyst! I guess the more I can learn on my own, the quicker i can teach the Doctor...haha! Mean but true!

Erin

5. Leon

Leon New Member

Erin,
    You've gotten a lot of good advice ahead of me. I just want to welcome you to the forum. Please feel free to post whenever you can. I hope you'll be feeling better fast.
    Leon

6. Cillana

Cillana New Member

My home Epley wore off after a few days. By the time my doc appointment came around I was getting dizzy alot again. I seem to get more dizzy from nystagmus lately, ie. if I close my eyes I feel better. When I was having vertigo episodes I had to open my eyes and look at something stationary to tell my brain I wasn't on a merry-go-round. He did the Dix-Hallpike with IR goggles to look at my nystagmus. Had it on both sides but only felt dizzy when coming up on the right side. He also checked for nystagmus with pressure. Some in the left ear but not nearly as bad as last time he checked. But when he did the right, I had upbeating nystagmus that lasted for a while even when I was staring at the spot on the ceiling to try to calm it. I had been having more fullness in that ear lately. He's going to check it again in 3 weeks when I come back to see how my canalith repositioning worked. The repositioning he did wasn't really an Epley manuver. He turned my head slowly from all the way to the right to all the way to the left and then down after turning my body to the left while I had a vibrator continuously going behind my ear. I was very strict about using my soft cervical collar and sleeping sitting up for 72 hours. I got some weird looks at school. I caught up on all my sleep last night as I could finally lie down comfortably.