Should Nassman Stay

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seadog, Sep 25, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Recently Nassman stated that someone should create a post as to whether he should stay or leave and

1. Stay

42 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Hit the road

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Become a kinder gentler Nassman

19 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Don't care

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Like everybody else Nassman states his opinion on the board which is fine as long as it's done in a respectful manner which sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. When reading his threads it sometimes feels as if he just takes an opposite view to cause tension or he acts like he knows so much about drugs sometimes it's irrelevant or he'll post something completely off tangent. I try to respect other peoples opinions but when you post facts that are wrong or go off tangent in a post it gets annoying and rude pretty fast. His advatar offends me, sorry I hate Playboy because I think it promotes promiscuity and prostitution. It also makes women look worthless which is something I have a problem with. I work really hard to dress conservatively and to not be a slut like 90 percent of people my age and Playboy just is the complete opposite of my values. It offends more people than me on this fourm and think there should be a rule against offensive material; there is on Facebook/ Myspace why not on here?

2. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I think it was wrong to start this post to begin with, even if Nass asked for it. :( If HE wanted this started, HE could have done so himself.

Nassman...the only thing missing from your posts is your personal photo, IMO!!! ;)

:-* :-* :-*

3. Moe

Moe New Member

Are you guys serious about this poll?

What grade are we in?

4. David09

David09 New Member

Riverbed1, who said anything about evicting him? He's the one who wanted to know whether or not we think he should leave. Nothing about eviction here my friend. I was forced to read his comment because it was sent to my inbox Riverbed1. Believe me, I don't go looking for Nassman's comments on this forum. I stay as far away from him as I can. Well for that matter, I'm not even a member here anymore. I will cancel this ID soon after this thread has gone through it's cycle. I'm just sticking around to see who says what about this topic then I'm out of here.

David.

5. nassman

nassman Guest

I can handle criticism. I can handle insults. I can even handle some of the nasty stuff that has been written about me.

One thing I CANNOT and WILL NOT accept is a bold-faced lie. If you are implying above that I sent you a Private Message, you are a liar. I just sorted my PM's by member and I have NEVER sent you a private message and I checked as far back as 5 years ago.

Get a grip of yourself.

6. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

Step back and take a breath.

He never said you pm'd him. He said the remark was sent to him.

This could just as easily mean that someone saw something you posted on the forum, and emailed David to let him know what was being said to him on the forum.

7. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

Personally, I believe it's the site owners/Admin's decision whether anyone stays or goes, not mine
    or a consensus of membership. This thread confuses me, I guess, as to why such a topic would even be discussed.

Lots of different personalities in the world, and each of us have our own reasons for being who we are, and Nassman is no different. He's not afraid to speak his mind, and tact, while certainly desired, is not always a required element in a conversation. I for one hope he hangs around, as it's nice to have someone else besides me that can get a bit cantankerous once in a while.. ;D

Mike

8. tirednwinded

tirednwinded New Member

just to put in there, lets all just forget and lock this thread... I respect all posts, remarks and other things said, this is an open forum anyway. So lets just get to more productive discussions...

Have a Nice Day Everyone!

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

me too! :D

One thing's for sure - the poll results themselves are showing that this post is probably needed. Nassman, seems you have upset a lot of people around here - 22 people wanting you out of here and so many more wanting you to improve your behaviour....wow, I hadn't realized just how many people have been upset and I'm glad they're getting to speak their mind. I know one thing that I've had trouble seeing and that's you Nassman wording yourself in very strong ways on newbie posts. I always check out the number of posts when deciding on what to write...upsetting a newbie might mean they never give the forum a second chance. I'm certainly not trying to say this happens often but seeing it at all is too much - newbies need a little extra kindness when they first come across this site - not abuse.

11. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

This has been going on now for a couple years. Nassman leaves then comes back. I don't have an opinion except I agree with linda.

12. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

I do not agree with this poll in the first place, but Nassman did ask for it.

If you knew someone, that specifically was seeking help here, and left specifically because of Nassman, wouldn't you want him to hear their voice as well?

I personally believe that those that he has affected in such a manner have just as much, if not more right to speak up in this matter, if we really are going to do this.

I still have yet to vote, and still refuse to vote. I just see the logic, if someone heard David say when he left, that it was due to Nassman, that they contact David regarding this matter. As I stated before, if you act in a way that is upsetting, you can't be surprised when people become upset at you.

Even if Nassman has improved as of late (which everything I have seen shows that he has), there are still many, over the years, that have been affected but what he has said, and how he said it.

13. joy

joy New Member

Oh man. It's SO much fun when I leave for a few days & come back again! A new & exciting controversy!!! :D ;D :D

Seriously - like my opinion even matters - Nassman: if you're considering leaving, please don't.

If everybody agreed with everybody else & we all just sent 'happy thought' posts all the time & hugs & kissy-faces, how interesting would this forum be? How valuable would it be really? EGAD. Of course we're not all going to agree with everybody. For heaven sake, you put three people in a room & two of them aren't going to agree! How many members are on this forum? A gazillion or so ... from all over the world ... from practically every religious affiliation & every political party.

I'm not saying anything that you all don't know already. And now for a little Ray-ego-stroking: Thank GOODNESS Ray lets us have enough rope to hang ourselves. I am SO glad he doesn't get involved unless things get so incredibly offensive that our monitors all simultaneously start smoking. Thanks for being a good dad, Mr. Ray. ::)

More coffee ... my mug's empty.

:)

14. Aegir

Aegir New Member

Your rough guess is wrong. I'm not a man. I just can't see why people get so sensitive about a playboy avatar. And, I don't really see how anyone can equate playboy and the kkk for their similarities in how they would offend people.

Anyway, since nassman never left, where's the point in any further discussion on any of the above topics?

15. fcclimber

fcclimber New Member

Totally agree. And Ray might have other things on his mind right now. Our man Tebow got hurt this weekend. :(

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

17. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Hank :D :D :D :D :D I agree ;)

18. Paul

Paul New Member

Can't you people see that this guy thrives on all the attention you are giving to him on this thread?

Paul

19. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

BINGO!!! DITTO PAUL............

20. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The thread was going away, but now that in making that statement, the person who draws our attention to the fact that we are giving Nassman attention, himself gives Nassman attention. How can this end?!

OK, let'd try this again. After this, nobody say anything and we'll see if we can make it go away. All right...one more time...Let's roll the credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol9_0schMHs&NR=1