Should Nassman Stay

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seadog, Sep 25, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Recently Nassman stated that someone should create a post as to whether he should stay or leave and

1. Stay

42 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Hit the road

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Become a kinder gentler Nassman

19 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Don't care

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. June-

June- New Member

Good grief, are we going to have an affirmation poll for everyone who is feeling poorly?

2. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

The thread reminds me of some of the people I work with all day long who seem to be stuck in their 8th grade cliques. ::)

So anyway, I usually stay out of these things but this one is a good diversion.

I've never understood what all the commotion is about you, Nassman and why people get so agitated at some things you say. Far more offensive than anything I have read written by you are some of people's comments written to you. Many of them are downright cruel and hurtful. I don't know why they get so huffy and agitated by something you say. I generally skip over these kinds of posts, because I don't have time - maybe I've been missing something here.

So, I just went back and read a few of your posts and as far as I can see, you have never been rude to anyone but have merely stated the facts. In fact often, you have mirrored something that I have been thinking myself. I see a lot of misinformation on this board (as there often is on health boards). And what I find is you are correcting some of this erroneous info. But no one likes to be corrected, maybe that is the problem.

For what it's worth, I like you and I'll stand by you (that is until you say something to hurt my feelings :eek:) I sincerely hope you don't leave because you do have a lot of good, correct information to share with others. If nothing else you are getting a lot of attention here.

Jane

3. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

nah, not a poll, how 'bout a big old group hug?? that would be easier.

4. Tara

Tara New Member

What? I can have a poll? Or a hug? Sweet! Either one will suffice.

5. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Just let the selected avatar (the picture or graphic on the left) be a guide to a poster's general perspectives on things. That can often be helpful even before the first sentence of a posting is read.

--John of Ohio

6. Riverbed1

Riverbed1 New Member

This is a Meniere's network. Nassman has Meniere's. Need I say more.

7. June-

June- New Member

FWIW, I believe Nassman says he does not have Menieres.

8. I vote for Nassman to........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHBCruacA4&feature=related

;D ::) :-*

9. Tara

Tara New Member

Hahhaha. How did I know that's what that vid would turn out to be?

10. Maybe cause brilliant minds think alike??? ::) :eek: ;D

11. Tara

Tara New Member

You know it! ;)

12. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Yeah this was pretty stupid, sorry Nass, and anyone/everyone else..

Now How do I turn the damn thing off?

night All

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

14. June-

June- New Member

Say goodnight Gracie ...

15. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Goodnight Gracie.

:)

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

17. Aznalla

Aznalla New Member

This is not specific to Nassman.

There are threads I read that turn ugly and this makes me sad. It seems like such a waste of precious energy that too many of us need to ration (e.g the spoon story). When I see a thread turning into an argument rather than a cordial conversation I leave and wonder why did it have to be that way.

I believe if you don't have something nice to say-ask- "Does what I have to say really need to be said?" There are fragile people here (as well as non-fragile) at different stages of their disease (s). Does one really know where any given forum member is on that day? Does one really intend to make someone's day worse or sadder then before? This is a place where I come to feel friendship, get information, and lend support when I can. I personally would never want to hurt anyone on this forum.

18. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I voted stay,Nassman has always given me some pretty sound advice.

19. mikeg

mikeg New Member

I vote stay. He steps in when things get boring.

20. Stick

Stick Guest

I didn't vote because it doesn't matter.

I'm not judging but a piece of advice:

JOH has a point about the avitar / sig and I beleive it could perhaps cause some issues in that it may influence some perceptions about the owner of the sig, perhaps well warranted perhaps not. Okay brain fog ........ what I'm trying to say is that the signiture
    isn't helping the situation. What does it say about the owner? Does it affect ones attitude toward the owner in a negative way?

I've read some of my own emails and posts and could see that what I wrote could be taken the wrong way when I never had bad intentions. Sometimes sarcasm can be misunderstood. Voice inflections and gestures can really augment a conversation but here that is lost.

Most of us can have heated arguments with our friends and not take it personally and still be friends. In this forum it may take a little more caution to do that because of anonymity and lack of real human interaction.

I can see no valid reason to ban unless the banter becomes personal and derogatory

That decision is Ray's since he owns this forum.