Should Nassman Stay

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seadog, Sep 25, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Recently Nassman stated that someone should create a post as to whether he should stay or leave and

1. Stay

42 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Hit the road

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Become a kinder gentler Nassman

19 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Don't care

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Nass and I would not see eye to eye if we nailed our foreheads together.

That being said, I read all of his comments, the intelligent helpful ones have helped me dramatically.

Even the short worded responses of medicinal warnings of mixing meds and/or alcohol have probably saved lives, HERE.

I don't think that I have saved any lives here.

Yes he is a jokester, is he mean spirited, I don't think so, but I have never been the recipient to any so called attacks. I have seen things that have offended others whether it is was mean spirited, bad joke, or a guy who has little time for foolery, I dont know.

He does stand up for himself, and cowers to no-one.

So should he stay or should he go.

I hope you stick around Nass.

2. Aegir

Aegir New Member

Personally, I feel nassman should change his attitude and realise that some of what he says comes across as very offensive to members that are dealing with their own issues...all of us have issues we have to deal with, but that doesn't mean that we should belittle the issues of others.

Besides, I was under the impression that nassman has actually left, or was his Sayonara, not a goodbye? I took his post in the other thread to be a manipulative post quite frankly...and I don't happen to agree with manipulation; some may see his post differently, but having read up on the subject, trust me when I say it has all the elements of manipulation in it, one of which is the "pity me" inclusion within the post. Sorry if others find this blunt, but it's a fact.

On a side note: this thread should never have been started, if nassman wishes to stay then he should stay, if he wants to leave then he should leave....for him to ask that forum members decide and that he will abide by their decision is ridiculous. This thread is wrong on so many levels!

3. Tara

Tara New Member

I voted stay. I think Nassman has some valid points. I don't always agree with them, and his delivery of said points often leaves a lot to be desired, but his viewpoint is no less important than anyone else's.

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I don't always see eye to eye with Nass and at times he's rubbed me the wrong way but who hasn't in life? At times I rub myself the wrong way and I'm sure others feel the same toward me.

I wish him to stay regardless if he's kinder or not. He does have valid information and is always willing to offer research and solid referrals on otos...Yes, I wish him to be gentler but that is not nass' personality. I am sure many people wish me to be more grammar wise, not so outspoken and many other things I could improve in my life but that propably won't happen either.

I apologize to nass if he stays around and sees this post from me as my feelings toward him are personal and these thoughts should be relayed between him in a pm...

STAY!

5. Rusty

Rusty New Member

Kinder, Gentler Nassman.

When I see a harsh post I figure somebody is having a bad day.
    I think his valid opinions and useful information are lost in his tactless deliveries. Been there and done that. I recommend Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Maybe Nassman really needs some hugs, but doesn't want to whine and complain for them.

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Just FYI for those who are fairly new, Nassman has made huge strides at being kinder and gentler than he once was.

I feel that needed to be said so I said it.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

(((Hugs to Nassman)))

Somehow I do not think that hugs are the answer.

I expect that there are as many folks who would vote me out as Nassman given the chance. Popular opinion is a dangerous way to make group decisions. In the end, popular opinion is what did in Jesus Christ. The crowd simply voted Him out. So asking the question I do not believe is an adequate way to decide such an issue. Here, in this setting, I expect that a better way to phrase it is to ask whether Nassman, or anyone who might be considered for ouster, has helped anyone. If there is one person who answers in the affirmative, then I expect that the answer ought to come back that he, or any person considered, stays. People can always discard what he says, what any of us say. People such as myself can simply point out the fallacies he opens himself up to when he says something outlandish where I am involved. So anyone who does not like what he says always has his or her recourse. But if Nassman were not here, then anyone whom he might have helped along the way would not have received it. Reading that he has helped people in certain ways in the past, I am prepared to suffer in the hope that he will help someone else in the future. That is up to a point. And that point would be if he were to interject his brand of help my way in a regular pattern. If that were to materialize, my vote could easily be swayed.

8. Go Gonzaga

Go Gonzaga 2 1/2 years into this and ready to feel better!

You know........he does not bother me too much and if he has even one (1) piece of helpful information, I am always receptive to people's feedback.

I think he might be ignorant of the wealth of information and wisdom from the forum members though.

I am the manager of a heart transplant program and work with patients, organs procurement, and anti rejection medication all day...........yet my intelligence has been compared to a grain of rice by him ;D And.........I know many others on this forum who have an overflow of knowledge in a vast array of fields. I always enjoy learning from others.

Yet, I harbor no ill will towards him and look forward to ANY POST WITH HELPFUL AND MEANINGFUL INFORMATION.

Frankly, between dealing with grogginess/fogginess and a long day at the hospital........I really do not have the time or energy to even give him a second thought.

If he can be helpful........by all means, keep him around. We can use all the information and knowledge that is out there.

Todd

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

It is not up to us regardless.

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Paul. Nassman asked for a show of hands in another thread. I expect that is the reason for this one.

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

What an absolutely fascinating occupation - I get the good chills/willies just reading the job description. I am sure there are major personal rewards in your job just as I propose there are sorrows or numerous down sides. Bravo - what an occupation!

am not hijacking just an observation

12. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Seadog - I know you created this poll at Nassman's urging, and I think it's a good thing for Nassman to hear that he has been of help to others. (And Nassman, I apologize for speaking about you as if you weren't here... :()

While I'm sure there are those who are gleefully applauding Nassman's grand gesture to offer to leave, the reality is that this is not Survivor. Members do not get to vote another person off the island just because they don't like him.

In 9 years here, there have been many members here who I have not liked, mainly because I thought they needed a serious attitude adjustment. Even though there were times I'd have liked to jump through the screen and smack someone upside the head, I still believed in their right to be here and post.

The thought of members here rubbing their hands together in anticipation of throwing someone off the island, so to speak, makes me ill, and frankly, were that to happen, would cause me to seriously consider leaving the forum.

Only Ray has that power here, and after what he's had to put up with over the years, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he closed down this entire forum for good.

13. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I know that Nassman requested a poll, but anyone can leave for any reason and many have. He may leave or stay, he may change his mind no matter what the pool results might be. I need a nap. Good idea. Ya'll take care.

14. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I do not take this as serious and Nassman is not serious about leaving anyway.

And no, for anyone who thought I meant otherwise, catagorically stated, I agree; Nassman is not the Savior.

:)

15. Soccerspin

Soccerspin New Member

Stay, Nassman makes valid points in his own way and makes me think,,,,,,,,just stay, ok? I find your views interesting...........

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I must confessed being outsmarted by the forum software. I just tried to vote twice, which if it took, would have compelled me to vote many, many more times. The forum software however would not allow me to do so. I will leave it to speculation which way I voted, and would have voted in perpetuity.

17. agemoz

agemoz New Member

I vote stay. As long as someone doesn't violate language/libel/personal trashing etc, I don't think any one of us can throw stones--and some may disagree, but I don't recall Nassman doing anything that constitutes true abuse of the forum. I think a far worse habit would be for me to get in the mode of expelling someone I disagreed with or didn't like...

Bob

18. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Nassman's always threatening to leave the forum....nothing new there. Personally I don't mind Nassman at all - I take what I find relative and throw any of the 'junk' away. Thing is though, it seems to me Nassman thrives on attention...be it positive or negative...and this thread is only feeding that addiction. Nassman, it's up to you....

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Note: It's 6:55 EDT. Polls close on the east coast in 5 minutes. FYI.

20. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

Nassman, it's YOUR decision. Donna