shartsoe

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Apr 15, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Today was rest and recovery day so no work out activity.

I'm meeting someone from this forum for lunch tomorrow! How exciting. I met someone else from here for dinner about 3 weeks ago and it was great. I highly encourage you guys to meet up. It's a good experience and you make new friends.

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I would love to meet anyone from this forum who is in my neck of the woods!

3. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Stunning may be a bit much for me, but you are lovely!

4. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Cool, so was the water, rice and lettuce tasty? ^^

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Red
    Next summer when you are in Florida, I will drive down, pick up Larry and his wife on the way and we will meet up for a few days in New Smyrna Beach.

Anybody else I have a lake home on Lake Keowee in South Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mtns. It is about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive up from Atlanta, give me about a week's notice and I will meet you up there for a weekend of little boating, skiing, swimming ect..... I will probably have a 6 and 8 year old with me so bring the kids.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No rice. Lots of water. A big salad. Very interesting conversation. A great time.

7. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Joe, that would be great!! I will be back in October too. It is beautiful in NSB in the fall. I am going to remind you if not in the fall then next spring for sure. I know you visit MA occasionally so if you come to New England let me know and I will meet you in Boston! We can take Rauch out for lunch Ha Ha... And I love kids so I might even visit you at your Lake Keowee house!!

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Red,
    u gotta deal

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I had lunch and a lovely, long, interesting and great conversation with KennedyLane! She is so informed on a lot of MM stuff and was such enjoyable company. Plus she got me some fresh herbs from her herb garden which was so thoughtful and perfect for me!

Oh and went to the gym + an hour of yoga this morning.

10. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Sounds like fun! I've had a headache for 48 hours and cannot shake it

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Cut out any soy products if you are consuming them. When KL and I talked today, she said she had her vegan experience for a year and it was the year her symptoms got worse. I understand plant based diets have their benefits but I would not eat soy in any form anymore.

12. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thanks. I'm on more of a "low meat" diet than a plant-based I guess. I've only had tempeh once and since it wasn't a huge hit with my family I'll probably not make it again. Grains, beans (especially black beans), brown rice, fruits, vegetables, lean chicken and grass-fed beef make up most of my diet. Until recently I had done a very good job of cutting out all processed and fried foods for more than a month (except for an unfortunate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings that lead to an afternoon on the couch with a seriously upset stomach). We went out for Cuban food before the concert Thursday and I had white bread and some type of pork dish. It was good, but I've had a headache ever since. Friday was the worst, but it still isn't gone.

I changed my diet for a couple of reasons -- I want to lose weight and my doctor said my cholesterol is starting to climb. I'm just trying to be healthier, that's all. I'm not married to any one particular type of diet. I'm not gluten free or dairy free or vegetarian. But I want the meat I eat to be healthy meat. Not junk and not from a feed lot. More ibuprofen and back to the couch for me.

I actually wonder if this headache is hormone related? I just want it to go away. :(

13. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Beautiful morning on the beach. A special treat saw two dolphins playing in the surf! Did my 4 miles and hope to get out on my bike later. Starting to close up my house., cleaning and getting ready for my trip back to NH. Bittersweet time.

Sorry you aren't feeling well Shart hope that changes soon. Intrepid how's the piriformis feeling?

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Shannon I sure hope that headache goes away today. I know how horrible it is to have one that drags on. It could just be a combination of things, including hormones. Sending you lots of good vibes for the day.

red I can imagine how bittersweet it must be to leave the ocean. I love the water and the sunshine! I could not live in a cold place no matter how beautiful it is.

Just got home from running 9 miles. Today was our long run day. I feel great but tired too. We had to go early this morning to beat the heat. The high is 94F today :eek:

Have a nice day all. Do something you love.

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea New Member

Speaking of cholesterol, mine is 400. Dr. Put me on Crestor and said a change in diet probably wouldn't make a difference but that this is probably hereditary??
    I'm going to try to cut out some carbs, I have three months to see a difference in blood work.
    Already no coffee and no sugar. Pretty soon I'll be eating like a rabbit. LOL

I hope your headache passes soon. I like Aleve. It seems to work better than other brands. They say a cup of coffee with the medication helps too. I've never done that, so I don't know.
    Feel better soon.

Intrepid, WOW, I am impressed! I can barely walk around the block!

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Bea it took a lot of practice and discipline. I make it a point to work out 6 days a week even if I am lightheaded or mildly dizzy. I just won't take no for an answer from my symptoms :D

I really believe that exercise (any form) helps so much with disease management. I'm sure your HDL levels would go up a lot if you did just 30 minutes of some form of cardio every day.

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Bea, I'm just a little over the normal range, so my doctor said diet and exercise alone should help. I've had a weird few days and need to get back out there. Gained a pound back I think, but I can always lose it again so not going to make myself feel too bad about it. I hope you tolerate the statins well.

Thanks Sarita, the headache is better, but there are some lingering things going on. Seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss. Can't wait till I can run nine miles! Good for you, girl!

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Six miles last night. it was muggy, rainy and unpleasant weather. Today is rest day. Tomorrow weights + yoga. I can't wait till the half is done to hang up my running shoes for a while. Sunday is 10 mile run. I'm not sure how that will go. It seems an incredibly long distance. They say that if you can run 10 miles, you can run a half without problems. I dunno.

I see my chiro tonight for a massage (he does active release therapy on my muscles) and and that is something I will be looking forward to all day!

19. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

ART helped me make it through my first triathelon nothing like it. It is one of those "hurt so good" kind of therapies. You are going to do just fine with the ten miles. It is all mind over matter and you know that better than anyone! Just remember you have already done 9 miles and you know you can do 1 mile.....got it made! !

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I love you!!! I needed to read that this morning :)