shartsoe

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Apr 15, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Ran 7.5 miles early this morning with my friend. It was crazy awesome! I'm doing nothing for the rest of the day :D

shartsoe have a great day and get some steps in...so you can eat more chocolate ;D

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I walked ALOT! I wish I would have had my walk tracker on. We had a scavenger hunt through a beautiful part of town for the children at my church. It was lovely! Not a 7 mile run (congrats!) but enough to let me eat a little extra today. I did pass up the cupcakes though!

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm happy to read this. I know you've been wanting to be up and out for a long time so it's just super awesome that you are making the effort and sticking with it :) I wish we lived closer.

4. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Both of you are doing great!! I love that you are posting your workouts. Very motivating....keep it up. :)

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Feel free to join in :)

There need to be more threads on accomplishment. I think we get so used to what we can't do that we forget what we can and will do.

6. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I agree. Let's see how many we can get up and moving. My Monday work out includes 75 min yoga class and a 75 min walk on the beach. What will you be doing today meniere's folks?

7. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Yay! We should change the name of the thread to "Let's get moving!" I wish I lived near the beach, I'd be there every day! I don't know what my exercise goals are yet. Little man is sick so it might just be a low key day or I'll wait until hubs gets home and make a mad dash out the door.

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

A walk on the beach with your toes in the water is like being in heaven. I will be there June -July
    Bethany Beach, Delaware and catch a few Orioles games this summer.

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Have any health/workout goals today, BD?

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Stay away from the kids Easter Candy---lol

My routine never changes-----

I drop the kids off at school between 7:30-7:45 then I drop off my little nephew 2 years old (he lives with us) at daycare at 8:00. I then head straight to the YMCA to ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes and then I swim at least a mile in the pool (usually just a mile).

10-2:15 work (return messages, emails, ect....)

2:30 walk up the street to meet the kids for bus. My kids are in grades 2nd and K

3-5 work some more. ( kids do homework)

At 5 all hell breaks loose

Pick up nephew at daycare at 5:00

Monday---soccer 5:15-6:45 (8 year old)
    Tuesday--- Baseball/t-ball practice (6 year old)
    Wednesday---karate (6year old and 8 year old)
    Thursday---baseball/t-ball practice (6 year old)
    Friday----CCD 8 year old
    Saturday---soccer/baseball games, wife is home to help this day.
    Sunday----Tiger cubs (6 year old). I am pack leader.

Wife gets home from work weekdays between 7-7:30 to help with showers and putting kids to bed.

8-----until late into night work work work. (Funeral homes are open 24/7 and Dunkin is open late so I can communicate whenever)

Dinner is usually eaten out/ on the run between me, an 8 year old, 6 year old and my 2 year old nephew during the week. ----- diet is getting better but still not where it needs to be.

I am not a big runner, walker, I much prefer riding a bike and swimming.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Gym after work today since running was yesterday. Gotta lift some weights too. I do yoga on Saturday mornings after the gym. It's helped tremelndously over the years with mobility and flexibility.

12. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Yoga is next on my list. I am planning on trying one of those DVD series until I can afford a real class. (Been a little tough around here)

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Go to the website doyogawithme.com and you will find something suitable for you. It's all free and you can choose your level as well as style.

14. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

2 miles on 30 mins. And just when I thought I was going to collapse the theme from Rocky started playing on my workout playlist. Guess even it knew I needed an extra push! :)

15. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Music is great when working out! Today I walked 4 miles on the beach and then rode my bike 8 miles on the beach along with my grandchildren ages 8 and 10. Great day overall.

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Good job Shannon! You know something? I can't listen to music and walk or run! I never do. I just like the sound of my footsteps, the breeze, birds, other people, or silence.

I went to the gym and did strength training then met with my running buddy and ran 5 miles. It was hot and not a great run but we finished strong and didn't even have the energy to say bye when we left :D

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I can't wear my hearing aid when I walk/run, especially in the heat because sweat will fry it. So it helps me to have the music so I can hear something -- on especially fast songs like Rob Thomas's This is How a Heart Breaks I'm encouraged to move faster.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Red being at the beach is the best thing ever for me. I'm a sunshine person.

19. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

So am I. My long NH winter just about put me over the edge. I have been in Florida for 5 weeks have 2 more to go before heading back North. Speaking of sunshine I am going to the beach right now for my 4 mile walk I will be smiling for the next hour. ;D

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

OK so you need to listen to this when you walk fast. It's an old song. Matthew Wilder's Nobody's Gonna Break my Stride

Ain't nothin' gonna to break my stride
    Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no
    I got to keep on movin'
    Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
    I'm running and I won't touch ground
    Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'