Sciatica pain...Ugh!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Artlover, Jan 7, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

I fell the other day and now I am dealing with sciatic pain down my right leg. Ugh. I am going to get PT and am managing in the meantime. Its hard because you are not supposed to heal it with bed rest, and walking hurts, and sitting is bad for it. So what do you do? I am trying not to get discouraged. This too shall pass. Anyone out there dealing or has dealt with this? (I did go to the emergency room to get some meds to deal with the pain).

2. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I GET SCIATICA FREQUENTLY. IT IS TOUGH. I USE A COMBINATION OF BED REST ALTERED WITH LIGHT EXERCISE TO . HELP THEPAIN' I ALSO USE PAIN PILLS. THIS EASES EXERCISE PAIN.

3. Artlover

Thanks, I have been doing the same thing. It is working. :)

4. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I have sciatica and a very bad back, was bedridden for 3 months a couple of years ago. Couldn't walk at all due to the intense pain in my back.
    I went to physical therapy and the therapist used a tens unit it on me during my therapy session. so I bought myself one.

Its a life saver for me. You may want to look into getting one. Insurances may cover it, mine didn't but it wasn't expensive at all. I paid $34.95 for mine and free shipping on www.overstock.com

There are many exercises to do to stretch the sciatic nerve as well.

5. Artlover

Thanks, Vicki. :)

6. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

You're welcome good luck!