SALE

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dolfan, Nov 17, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

the only four letter word a man never wants to hear from his wife :D

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't enjoy shopping so sale means nothing to me. I buy what I need and I need very little :D

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Enjoying some great sales right now and all online so I don't have to face the craziness of a mall. :) As with most of us I can't do crowds and noise.

Christmas shopping is almost done! :D

I have to be done early as we're having a pre-Xmas getaway trip. :)

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I can stand at the entrance of Macy's and watch a woman walk in and guarantee that she will stop at the first rack that she comes to. It's in there genes.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Don't generalize. Not ever woman enjoys shopping and has the buy buy buy mentality. I really don't like seeing ab unch of stuff in my home or my closets.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I was on a weekend shopping trip to Pennsylvania last weekend :D

Fun, fun, fun. I stopped at the first rack in every store :D

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It would have been a nightmare for you Scott ... 2 coach-loads of ladies out to shop :D

And then add to that all the other coaches of shoppers from Canada :D

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I don't actually shop a lot but when there is a reason why not enjoy it :D

9. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

If women were to not buy anything (other than food).....the world economy wood collapse

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

What do you do with all the stuff you buy and what do you do with the stuff you had before you bought new stuff?

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

If you are asking me ... all I buy I give away as Xmas presents or just gifts in general. :D

My house is the one everyone comes to for every family occasion so it takes a lot to pull that off every holiday. I like to treat my guests well, cater to theirs needs and inspire/thrill them with my decorating. :) These are the things that I enjoy.

I am upgrading my Kitchenaid Mixer ( great sale price Scott ;) ) and giving my old one to my daughter-in-law. :) She's super excited about that.

Randy and I don't buy gifts for each other, we spend that money travelling the world. :)

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

This is true :D I save all year for Xmas time and then I splurge on all the sales :D

13. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Black Friday looms on us next Thursday night.Well I shouldn't have said us because I have never shopped at such a maddening hour just to save a few bucks.I have seen crowds of people pushing and shoving once in a store to get what they wanted.Never mind the fact that parking at these stores/malls can also be quite maddening.
    I'll most likely give my daughter a gift certificate to stores she shops at and let her buy what she likes.Men are so easy to please but women,forget about it.
    I recently received in the mail the catalogue for Victoria's Secret.The models look yummy and the brief attire they wear and sell looks a tad too racy for a father to give his daughter for Christmas.

14. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

A lot of stores are opening way earlier than last year. Crazy, busy time and this is when I am thankful for online shopping.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

When I have money to spend, I buy lots of healthy, organic meats, fruits, and vegetables. I love feeding my family well and that's the only thing worth spending money on. I don't need stuff; it doesn't make me feel better in any way.