S.Carolina woman sees Jesus in an MRI scan

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. studio34

studio34 Guest

What's up your bum today? :)

2. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

we Amarikuns would say "bun" Sarita--sounds like an aussie thing

3. June-

June- New Member

Nuh uh, we say bum.

4. rev

rev New Member

I didn't say I didn't, just shared that it was a family name. Maybe co-opted for a reason rooted in the past ;) ;)

5. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I've had to explain to my wife several times what the feeling is smoking weed back in my days because she's never even been within 10 feet of a joint or smoking it, and I just tell her that it's like popping 2 or 3 valium or xanax where you feel really relaxed and all silly(because she has tried those a few times).

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

So rev (aka stoner), starting to open up are we? I too have wondered what just what the 'stoner' meant but just never thought to ask...means a few things, doesn't it? Ever had an experience like the post subject suggests? You might have answered this one and I just didn't see it.

7. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Nowadays we just have a couple of cocktails(me - beer and her- magaritas)and then go home and get silly. ;)

8. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

I thought so too, then again there are folks here who think I'm stoned most of the time to.

9. rev

rev New Member

:D I've told folks for 30 years that I haven't always been a "rev" = I needed something from a locked office and picked it it about 2 seconds and the whole youth group was amazed. Then they asked "How did you know how to do that?" Say answer - I haven't always been a "rev". :D

10. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

The pastor that married my husband and I worked the rails and also worked as a coal miner before deciding to become a pastor. He was in his 40s, when he did the whole seminary education, ordination thing. But I'm thinking your prior life was a bit more colorful than his.

11. June-

June- New Member

The prodigal son syndrome?

12. rev

rev New Member

I started to simply write "I don't have a brother" since the prodigal did have one. Thought about it a moment it thought it might sound like "I used to but don't now." :eek: :eek:

I never had a brother :)

13. June-

June- New Member

Thinking of all the goody two shoes (ones without an interesting prepastoral life) ministers as your metaphorical brothers in this context.