S.Carolina woman sees Jesus in an MRI scan

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. studio34

studio34 Guest

Holly -- see the story here. It's very interesting. The way Jesus is depicted everywhere is nothing like how he would have existed - if he existed - back in the day in that part of the world.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186

S

2. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

In all this talk of Jesus no-one's taken up Hollymm's question which I too happen to find really interesting. Any of the Bible scholars in a position to comment?

3. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

So do we take that to mean that God looks generically homo sapien sapien? An amalgam of all racial types, male and female?

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

You know the only version of Eve's creation I ever heard growing up was that she came from Adam's rib. It wasn't until my 20s that I found there's ANOTHER verse in Genesis which says they were created at the same time. No wonder the feminists get a bit prickly.

5. Perses

Perses Guest

My friend. I apologize if you are offended. To answer your question(s)/accusations, I am a Christian, believe in Jesus as the son of God, BUT (and this is a HUGE "BUT"), unlike many here, I have a sense of humor. Sorry if you don't. My intention was not to offend anyone.

And, if you are going to speak of "inbreeding", I say you take a closer look at the old testament of the "holy book" that we, as Christians, derive our knowledge and beliefs from. It is chock full of inbreeding.....(and for the record, I find inbreeding vulgar and wrong).

6. Perses

Perses Guest

So why not give me the chance to respond and work towards a "truce" as you say, before running to Ray to get me banned? Also, last time I checked, the Greek gods were being worshipped long before Christianity existed....

7. Perses

Perses Guest

Out of respect to my friends on this site I have removed the picture that offended you.

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Perses - check your inbox, I sent you a question about my Neurotologist appt. next month.

Need your input. ;D

9. rev

rev New Member

Perses - I was/am offended and find it blasphemous and heretical to put up such a post. I don't see the humor but have a great sense of humor. I also find inbreeding disgusting and wrong and made a point to keep present day you separate from the ancient Perses.

I sincerely mean this, my friend (and brother by your confession), I wish peace and good things for you and yours. I apologize for the questions that apparently came across as accusations. I mentioned in a post to Sarita another apology and then asked for you, because I truly didn't want to be talking and make assumptions when you weren't here to express your views. Thank you for responding. I ask your forgiveness.
    Bill

Just for info - the name Stoner that appears beside my name has a purpose. Most folks have a preconceived image of a person who is considered a "stoner." In my case, it is a family name, after one of my grandmothers.

10. Perses

Perses Guest

Hello Rev (Stoner).

No need to ask for my forgiveness as I am not hurt or offended by anything you have said. I do realize what I posted could have offended (and did) some people and that is why I removed it. As for offending you, it was not my intention and I ask you for forgiveness for doing so. :)

Have a great day!

(p.s. for the record, Perses is not my name. In the Greek Orthodox faith, a person cannot be baptized in the church if they are not given a "Christian" name, one that, in Greece, is usually named after a saint. :) )

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks for the clarification Rev. :eek: I am one who thought you were a pot smoking reverend. :D

12. joy

joy New Member

I thought it was a reference to the practice of stoning sinners ... that you identified yourself as imperfect (one of the stoners - those who historically condemned others) but are accepted now only through His grace & forgiveness. A name assigned to a humble servant of Christ, not perfect but forgiven.

And my two cents on the pic ... I didn't find it nearly as offensive as so many other cartoons posted in other threads ... not to mention the sarcastic blasphemous statements thrown about in the guise of humor. But hey, we're supposed to lighten up, right? Don't get all bent outa shape when somebody calls the most important being in our life the "invisible man", "Santa Claus" or etc. Makes 'caustic' fun of Jesus my Savior. We Christians are just way too thin-skinned I suppose.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Just to clarify - It wasn't Perses who made those comments. :-X He identifies himself as a Christian with a sense of humour. :D

14. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

LOL, I nearly just spit out my coffee all over my keyboard because that's what I thought too! :D :eek:

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

LOL Chris... glad I am not the only one. ;D

16. joy

joy New Member

Yeah, I know. Personally happy to count him as a Christian 'brutha from anutha mutha'. ;D

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

:D

18. rev

rev New Member

Joy is partly right too about the name - I designated myself "chief stoner" and no one can hurl one until I do. Since I'm told "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone", and I'm absolutely not that, I figure no stones can be thrown. Ray/Solari summed it up with a No Vendettas requirement.

19. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thanks Scott and you too INS for noticing. Very thought provoking indeed...

20. studio34

studio34 Guest

I must admit when I first saw the "Stoner" in your name I thought you were a groovin' minister from the 60s. My Dad was like that .. Lenny Kravitz pants, peace sign, a trip to Haight and Ashbury, San Fran in the 60s, and no doubt smoked some weed while he was there.

Cool.