Rules for participating in this corner (must read)

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by solari, Nov 8, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Titus posted this in response to someone claiming the forum was biased towards a specific religion and she captured how I want this particular forum to operate. Please read it and pay heed. If you find a post or thread that violates the spirit here, please report it and I will check into it.

The gist of it is, this is a SPIRITUAL SUPPORT forum, not a DEBATE forum.

Thanks,
    Ray

This part of the forum is for SPIRITUAL SUPPORT. Many posters here have turned it into a debate room. That is not Ray's intent nor does Ray favor any particular religion or belief system.

If you want to start a topic for atheists to support one another, you are free to do so. If you do and a Christian posts something negative on your thread or personally attacks your belief, they THEY are WRONG. They would be violating Ray's rules.

Same goes for a thread started by a Christian. If I posted a bible thread and someone came on it and started ripping it up with challenges, they THEY would be WRONG.

The whole point is for this room to be a SPIRITUAL SUPPORT ROOM that is all inclusive.

Right now, it is not operating that way. There are some threads that are playing by Ray's rules and some that are not. And again, many of the ones that are not playing according to Ray's rules are Christians.

Ray is an equal opportunity moderator. He has thrown off Christians and non-Christians, men and women. It's his call.

When you mock a religion, that is not support. It hurts. It is out of line.

Some play by the rules, others risk getting banned. Your call.

2. solari

I was asked this:

It's possible, but that also creates more problems as well, so it's not worth the hassle.

What I would do is report posts that seem to offend the spirit of the forum and I will check it out when I get a chance. In a way, it gives me the opportunity to warn folks and steer them in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Ray

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I really hate the thought of you being bothered with all this after you are kind enough to provide this forum for us.

4. solari

No worries. For the most part, the forum does a purty good job self policing itself but now and then I need to do my janitorly duties and clean up. ;)

Ray

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

;D ;D your not wrong about hassle letting others be able to delete own posts.............you need to know what has been said to deal with it accordingly....it's not nice when you got troublemakers on your site either...........ray you have more patience than me hehe i like the ban button at my place..only had to use it twice in 18 months thankfully but i have no tolerance ;D ;D ;D

6. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Thank you Ray, I will try to mind my keyboard! lol