"Rookie" ???????

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by dizzynana, Jan 28, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzynana

dizzynana New Member

Why does it seem that everyone is adding some form of ROOKIE to their name????

Did I miss something????

2. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

God Bless You Intrepid!

3. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

dizzynana,

These ladies are not privy to the reason we are doing this; at least they are not supposed to be.
    A friend of mine has been going through a rough time of it lately and some of us are supporting
    him, letting him know that we are on his side during this very difficult time. 'rookie' has a
    specific meaning to him, as someone referred to him using that derogatory term.

So this is an 'in your face' kind of movement to those that love to kick a person when he is down.
    You'll notice that Lulu and Burd are two people who are using this moniker after their names, and
    they are trustworthy and respected people here. You'll note that the others of us who are using it
    are pretty decent people, too.

Please don't feel like you're out of the loop. It is not meant to make people feel excluded, but rather to
    help make our friend feel supported. I hope you understand. :)

4. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Absolutely untrue. These are my words; unedited. :) Apparently DF and I have the same
    understanding of this situation.

5. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

I had been wondering the same thing - if I was missing something.

What a great show of support for your friend. I'm very certain that your friend is very appreciative of having such wonderful and loyal friends!!

God bless,
    Christine (Rookie at heart) :) :)

6. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

You answered her question about the 'rookies' when you were not one of the people who knew the
    reason we added rookie behind our names. Your answer minimized our intent by implying that it
    was frivolous. So you can see that your vague, what you would term 'passive aggressive'
    follow-up comment might be easily misinterpreted.

7. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Nice try. I'm sure there are members here who think it is this simple. But many know the truth.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

STOP IT ALREADY!!! It's gonna be deleted anyway...

9. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

never mind, ain't worth it, just fanning the flames.......

10. Funshine

Funshine New Member

Soon we will not have to be concerned about Ray shutting down this board...it will self destruct on its own if whatever this IS keeps going.

11. dizzymisslizzy

dizzymisslizzy New Member

I don't have the slightest idea what's going on except to say I'm getting VERY nervous that Ray will take his ball and go home! :'(

12. burd

burd New Member

Forum days are numbered regardless. :-\

13. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

def,,didn't start here,that's for sure.

14. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

Must be why we're rookies... ::) ;D

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I think it's already been set up to fail. I'm glad I've made some friends outside of here. We've been notified. The man has other sticks in the fire. To bad he couldn't turn it over to someone else. so much wasted data...

16. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

It is too bad that he didn't turn it over to someone we can trust.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I have some Rooky baseball cards for my grandsons

18. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Gina, did you even read this topic before you brought it up? Pretty tacky/irresponsible/bad form in my opinion. Maybe look before you leap is in order here...

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Tacky? WOW! No, I did not read page one, so sorry.

I'm surprised at such a heated rebuttal, Holly, especially after all we've shared in pm's.

I'll go back to page one later, after all, it is Fathers Day, and I only popped in to see if anybody needed SUPPORT.

Have a great Day!

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Nope, Lynn, you didn't miss anything, but apparently I did. LOL!

I'm not now, nor have I ever been a ROOKIE.

Now, nookie, that's a whole new thread!
    Catch you later, girlfriend!