Ripple Effect

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by nwspin, Oct 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I'm not getting it, June. This is that communication thing. But you do look exceptionally radiant today.

[​IMG]

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I wrote and erased a number of answers to you June.

I wanted to hear more from you but felt this might be too sensitive of an area to go to with you and Hank

3. June-

June- New Member

THank you. It is just too stupid a conversation to continue.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

HUH?? How many different sects are within Christianity itself? And how many people are in each of them? And finally, how many of them disagree about what Jesus is saying? Did you actually want names? If your intention was to confuse (which I believe it wasn't) why would you even go there? How is it so easy for you to understand better, what the scriptures mean? Even to include the ones you quoted?

6. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No,Holly, we are talking about some very specific scriptures, ones for which their meanings are in no serious debate. And if anyone here has another interpretation to them, why not derive such an intepretation for us to consider rather than make a bold statement about these scriptures only being my interpretation? I mean, come on. Let's hear what else they might mean then. I'm listening. Somebody give it a shot. There's just not much else that it can mean when the scriptures tell us that God's laws, which convey God's sense of morality, are written on the hearts of men. What else can it mean other than man's conscience is a conveyance from God. And there is no big debate going on in the Christian world about this. Heck, this is about as clear as the scriptures ever get. But if there is another way to interpret it, rather than intimating that this is just Hank's viewpoint on this, well let's hear it. What else can this mean? I'd like to know myself. I'm always glad to learnsomething new. Did God have a Scripto in His hand and he wrote the Ten Commandment inside our ribcages? What?
    No, this discussion got real obtuse all of a sudden, kinda Lost In Space.

7. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

this is the second time today you have referenced June Lockhart (who was born two days before my mother)--maybe you had a thing for her when she was the mom on Lassie or when she was Lost in Space (I think I did, but I KNOW I had a crush on her daughter in the series, Angela Cartright)

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It's all an interpretation depending on what you've experienced and what you've learned. Also from what you've read. I interpret from a place of little knowledge of the bible, but still I read it as I understand it. I'm not trying to be obtuse but earnest in my questions and your answers. I don't pretend to have your knowledge but then I don't believe yous is the only interpretation there can be. I know there is more than what I wrote to interpret in the paragraphs you wrote but I just wrote what I understood the words to mean. I don't know that it speaks to conscience as much as it speaks to all will be forgiven. I'm a little ripple =~).

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Well Holly, I'm not sure how to answer a question I receive from you unless I answer it from my understanding of things. June seems to want to make some big deal about how what I write is merely my opinion. Well, fine. Of course it is. And I derive that opinion for you so that you know that it is not simply an opinion without foundation. You know why my opinion is what it is and you can judge it for yourself. But that any of us should not speak about the meaning of the Word of God because it is our opinion of that Word, or that before each new sentence we should preface it that it is merely our opinion, is ludicrous. And I do not know why anyone would do that. And we should not stand accused of speaking for God when we discuss the Word of God.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Sorry Hank, you're right