Rev / Stoner / Bill and my abscence

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by rev, Sep 23, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. rev

rev New Member

I'm a pastor and still kinda have a "flock" of folks thanks to the internet and .org - though I got too tired of the attitude of a few here. I really wanted them to leave because they weren't encouraging others and a couple claimed to be healed & well. Their discussions seemed more appropriate in a debate room than in a support forum for a chronic illness. Active mm made it too frustrating to try to put together coherent thoughts. With the time & energy I had, I wasn't going to waste it on trivia and minutia. I still love many folks that weren't Christians and often had more respect for them than some of the scorched earth Christians. I was sickened that a friend who was Muslim felt so much animosity that they left. I love more than a few atheists too.

So, it wasn't the folks who lacked faith or had a faith that was different than Christianty that grieved my heart. At times, there were one or two that made it less than pleasant, but that was okay because it was the "Religion & Spiritual Corner" and not the "Christian Corner."

My issues were with folks who just wanted to stir the proverbial pot and refused to be civil and respectful to others (and yes, they called themselves Christians). Thirty years of ministry, and I'm not going to argue issues that have no resolutions, not when people are hurting like so many in here!

If you are on FB, I hope you find me since I spend more time there. Maybe you can join my mafia :D
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000524328018

2. ToniG

ToniG Guest

47 views not one reply. :-X

3. June-

June- New Member

Thank you for this post, Bill. I left for similar reasons.

4. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

Sorry you left here but am happy we've become FB friends. As long as you keep your spinny profile pic locked up. :)

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I totally get this, it is so frustrating.

Welcome back rev.

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I've missed you. I've been gone, too, for some of the same reasons. But I think of you often. I'm not on FB but hope to see you pop in here every now and then as I do.

7. burd

burd New Member

I'm glad we are facebook connected. I think it's a wise thing to do, facebook or emails or ?, with those we are fond of. There are no guarantees any of us will stay here for the long haul.
    I hear what you are saying too. I agree.

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Hello Bill ~~ I am glad we are FB connected. I totally understand how you feel.

Good to see you here, sorry I did not respond sooner here, but, I was being cautious, I apologize for that.

Ruth

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

hi big brother - :)

too much drama and too hard to write and think and deal with on days that vertigo is running rampid....

10. tm53

tm53 New Member

Hello Bill, good to see ya back.

Hi Aladdin!

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

hi tm - :)

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

You made it back here !! YES !!!! I was wondering when you would. Told ya!!! You have a BIGGER congregation here than you did before.. We need you here and on FB. YAYYYY thanks for continuing His work.

13. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Sorry, a day late and dollar short, 47 posters didn't respond until it was pointed out.

14. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Hi, my name is Karen, and I've only been on here a few months, so I don't really know if I have "bumped" into you on here before.
    I know what you are talking about with some of the negative posts, it shouldn't happen on a site that is supposed to allow us to support each other and help us find ways to heal.

15. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Hi Rev, I'm Kim. Very pleased to meet you and welcome back. Sorry it took me a couple of days to respond, but "the beast" was after me the last couple of days. I hope you won't let the negativity that goes on with some of the threads here keep you from posting more often. You sound like you could be the voice of reason that may be needed around here at times.

We all need to remember this is a place for support first and foremost. We need to help each other not hurt each other.

16. rev

rev New Member

Thanks for the welcome back. It is truly tough to post most days and today is one of those. Yesterday was worse. Sorry it took me a while but I will be here when I can. Hope to get to know some of you who will be "newbies" to me.

17. gmcdnh

gmcdnh New Member

Hi Rev,
    Nice to meet you! I've been a member on here for a couple of years but I don't recall if I ever met you on here, but, I dont posted much on here either for the same reasons although I do check the more positive forums every now and then. I'm glad you came back, though, and I'll see you on FB and on here as well, I hope.

18. rev

rev New Member

TY - gmcdnh!

19. rev

rev New Member

Just read a post and I guess it isn't just some Christians that maybe have forgotten that this is a place for the spiritual support in that it is a support forum and not a debate den.

I just posted this on another thread but wanted it here too:

I ask all who come to the religion corner to respect it. In some ways, people are helped here more than other areas of the board. Information helps the mind, companionship helps spirit, religion helps the soul. Be civil. Don't mock the beliefs of others. Let each of us find what we need here and let us find it safely. All are welcome (at least we are supposed to be).

20. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Hi Rev, good to hear from you again. Please be well.