Refined Sugar Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by burd, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. burd

burd New Member

Oh Lisa, but I still do have the cravings. LOL
    So it is still an ongoing issue with me.  I must admit to being surprised seeing this thread brought back up though.

Yes Rick, I need to eat something sugary when I get the shakes.  I had them so bad along with severe weakness once when I was sick and couldn't eat anything for nearly a day, that I was on the verge of blacking out and had to have Earl get something for me as I could hardly move.  That was scary, but fortunately not common since I am sure to eat somethng when I feel those shakes and the weakness coming on.

2. pardonme

pardonme Guest

3. Rick

Rick New Member

...hmmm...Do we know anyone with a fanatical understanding? lol
    Rick

4. burd

burd New Member

You know we only speak of you with affection Rick.  ;) :-*

Great post pardonme.  I've had the shakes come on so bad so fast at times that I've eaten a few spoons of jelly to get it to calm down before I get faint.  Fortunately it doesn't present a problem too often, usually if I've been too indulgent for days on end then try to go cold turkey the next.  I do love apples and usually eat fairly healthy but I have a special shelf in the kitchen just for my sweet unhealthy indulgences. I try to pace myself.  :D 

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest

6. pardonme

pardonme Guest

7. burd

burd New Member

Care to join me as I make an English Toffee latte and indulge in my Sweet Oat Crisps? :D They are heaven!