Recipes for our Meniere's Resource Book?

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by HeadNoise, Oct 4, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Is there anyone who would like a project - long term, no deadline yet, of compiling some various loso recipes for our Meniere's Resource book? I think that it should list the sodium content per serving. I don't know how one would go about getting permission to reprint some of these recipes on these sites. Perhaps just asking, seeing that we are a non-profit org and not benefiting from the sale of the recipe, perhaps they would be happy to give reprint permission???????

And if someone else benefits from a gluten free diet, we could include some of those as well. This book is going to be all things Menieres (& other vestibular disorders) so wanting to cover every possible topic.

Thanks guys!

2. connordr

connordr Me with grandkids

I have compiled a recipe book for myself with a lot of the diet guidelines, but I hesitate to infringe copyrights. Dick Logue's low sodium site does include the ingredient breakdown for his recipes, and he has a book for sale.
    Let me know if youwant my stuff. It's over a hundred pages.
    DC

3. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Wow! That's great. I will keep you as a resource in mind. Perhaps we can get permission to reprint some?

4. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Sherry,

I've got recipe software called MasterCook. If you enter a recipe it will give you the nutritional information. I could get the nutritional values for recipes that mmorg members have come up with, but don't know the nutritional values for (I'm talking about recipes they thought of not recipes from books or the net which would have copy right laws associated with them).

Tracy

5. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Good idea - how can we spread the word? You wanna take on a project and contact some of our "chefs" and see if they have some favorites to contribute? :)

6. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Sherry,

I'll start seeing what I can come up with to get recipes for you.

Looks like I found my way to contribute to your project.

Tracy

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Suggestion: Consider a gluten-free section and a migraine friendly section as many of us have MAV and are gluten sensitive.

8. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Titus,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have requested guten free in my call of recipes, didn't think about migraine friendly!

Thanks, Tracy