Rant Thread (adult)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by bulldogs, Apr 16, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

ok menieres

I am so sick and tired of your bullshit, you need to pack your stuff up and get the fuck out of my life, you have caused me enough shit to last a lifetime, so i am asking you one last time to just to shut up, gather your stuff and get the hell out of my life and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

PS: life is good

have at it everybody, just rant and tell me what you really think and feel about mm.

2. Trisha

Trisha New Member

Go to f'ing hell menieres! I hate you.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I want my previous dizzy-free life back!!

Sc**w you and every condition that mimics you :mad:

4. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I hate you for causing me to miss out on so much in life and for never experiencing things that most take for granted.
    I hate you for making me always work around you, and having to find alternatives so I can feel safe, just in case.
    You stole so much from me for so long.
    Damn you!

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I especially hate the constant aural fulness.I also haven't been sleeping very well lately.I wonder if it's due to Meniere's disease.

6. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Crush it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lnVx2BAYk

7. nicmger

nicmger New Member

I hate the random way you decide to interrupt my life. I hate that you have destroyed my hearing. I hate that you made me worry about whether or not I can go somewhere or do something. I hate hate hate that I have to worry about whether or not I can have a piece of pizza or chocolate. I despise everything that you do to me.

8. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

That's it right there. :)

9. kraunque

kraunque New Member

Hey, Meniere's. Yeah, you.

Don't pretend you don't know me. I defeated three other neurological ailments before you came along, but then you devoured me so completely and so recently, I'm still on your breath. You have nerve, but surely not THAT kind of nerve. Yes, I thought you'd remember me.

I used to play twelve instruments, each well enough that people often had to ask me which was my primary instrument. I had a powerful four octave singing voice. Stealing my right ear as I tried to work around the loss of my left, you have taken 35 years of my passion, ability, and hard work, and made it disappear into thin air.

I used to speak four languages I can no longer remember.

I had a very fulfilling job where I did everything from teaching 78 year old grandmas to troubleshoot computers to teaching autistic people how to convey warmth and empathy on the telephone so they could become supervisors at their jobs. I used to teach myself eight hours' worth of material in three, and turn around and make thirty people understand it perfectly in the same day. I loved every challenge, and I always tried to help people find the best in themselves. Now I'm the weird old unemployed man who falls down a lot, has no indoor voice, and can't remember where he put anything--and at forty-four years of age, I might add.

I used to love to read. When I was a child, I read every book in my school library. I was a literature major in college. Now I can't read a soup can label without a magnifying glass, all thanks to you.

From the time I was eight years old, I loved to cook and was great at it. Now I'm angry at food because I know that it hurts me. Food is my enemy now; never mind that I can't live without it.

I used to be filled with compassion for my fellow human beings. Now that you've made everything that I used to be a distant memory, I hate anyone that can't understand why I am not delighted living as a joyless shell of myself, Meniere's. I want to bury them in their own useless, naive platitudes. I often hate them--as I hate you--beyond comprehension. I want to be the blowtorch that melts their blissful ignorance into nothingness.

I need a flashlight to walk outside after sunset, or I'll fall down. On the days I can actually drive, I get lost in my own neighborhood. I'm allergic to lights, sounds, and smells, and I'm tired of my own anger. I may as well be one of those heads in a jar from Futurama.

F**k you, Meniere's. I wish you were human, so I could murder you in front of your family with no regret or remorse. I think if I could just do that, just maybe I could become human again.

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

With that being said ^^^ f$&ck you menieres and kiss my ass!

11. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

Man, you nailed that, brother!

12. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

Kraunque--

I have never seen you here before, but I applaud you. Too many here have been subjected to the darkness of my own soul. Menieres stole everything from me too. My career, my lifelong love of music, my friends, my family for the most part. It left me with too much mental capacity, enabling me to brood, nearly 24/7, about what I have lost. I watch TV and hate the fact I am seeing people who can actually go out in the world. I see doctors. Aside from that, I live in a sound insulated room my wife built for me. I can't drive. I can barely walk. I can only read because I can make the print on my iPad HUGE. I type big here and reduce it to 12-point since that is what most people read.

I stay in this miserable universe for my wife. And if I would add anything positive to your vent, it would be that: find something that makes this life of torture and pain worth living, and have the discipline to embrace it. Otherwise, Menieres wins and you lose. I will not let it win, however much I crave the end of it all. That end will have to take me, and I will not go without a huge fight. Nor should you.

My family finally got me started on my memoirs. I am no huge public figure, just a Navy brat who had a good life, but I have some fun and informative stories to tell, and I am now writing them for my wife and daughters against the day when I am gone. You might consider that. There is pain in it, because you remember the positives and the negatives, but there is also catharsis, and the odd thought that in leaving a record of yourself, you are denying Menieres its final victory, the victory of making your suffering so severe you just let go. If I have not allowed it to do that to me, you can do the same. Trust me. I have been severely bilateral for 12 years, and have 3 other autoimmune diseases and a serious heart condition. So you can do it. Stand with me and Yogi Berra: "It ain't over till it's over."

And Happy Easter, along the way.

13. Titus

Titus New Member

Yo Meniere's and all the f@#king mimics you hang with. Screw your sorry Ass for trying to make me your bitch for over ten shit-filled years. That's right.

You clipped my wings for flying, put me in the clubhouse with the old ladies for golf, and sucked me out of every sport I loved. I've been pissed off for so long, it feels f#$king normal.

And a special invitation to kiss my a$$ for draining me dry of a shitload of money trying to get help....any help....from any doctor who thought she had the answer. You've reduced me to a human lab rat, you selfish prick.

Guess what? You picked the wrong person to Fu#% with because I'll never stop fighting you. No matter how many times you knock my ass down, put me in the ER, or bring me to my knees, I'll come up fighting your miserable, life-stealing ass.....so bring it.

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Bingo Titus!

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Have a blessed Easter, Bulldogs.

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

U too---- god bless

17. kraunque

kraunque New Member

Thank you, Brownrecluse. Right now the thing that I am living for is trying to get better. Beyond that, we'll see.

I do think writing is a good idea. It can be very purging, which is strictly what I meant for my own rant.

Happy Easter to you as well!

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Somebody, anybody----- throw a rant up here for the world to read. Newbies, I know you gotta get some things off your chest.

19. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

OK, I'll bite.

F*&# you, Meniere's, for ruining my career as a musician. I can't count the nights I was on stage with 500 people watching, and I was so dizzy, I thought I was going to pass out. It's not easy to play music when you feel like that. But I always served the music, no matter how miserable I was, so screw you.

F*&# you, Meniere's, for forcing me to sit down when I'm teaching my college classes. Just walking from my office to my classroom is miserable. But no matter how miserable I feel, I knock myself out for those students, so screw you.

F*%# you, Meniere's for what you have done to my wife. I went bilateral in our second year of marriage. She certainly wasn't expecting that. Now she has to deal with a 50 percent disabled husband. She cries a lot, not just because she hates to see me suffer, but also because her life is now entirely focused on you.

And lastly: I will beat your ass, whatever it takes. I refuse to believe doctors who say there is no cure, who say "You just have to live with it," who say they can cut my head open and do surgery but I'll have to deal with nasty after-effects, who bill thousands to my insurance for treatments that don't do shit.

I will beat your ass and relegate you to Hell where you belong.

Gee, I feel better. Ranting is good.

Bless all,
    Ron

20. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Good job Ron!