R&S subject matter

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by hollymm, Nov 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I know there's a lot going on. I've gotten the hint (it doesn't take much) that some of the religious people would rather leave this board to religious topics for people who are attached to a specific belief like chritianity, or Islam, Judaism, Muslim, Buddism etc... I consider myself SBNR - Spiritual But Not Religious. This is a specific group of people out there who actually founded this particular acronym. I don't think it has a bible, or Qu'ran or book to follow, they are just people who are spiritual and trying to find their way within themselves.

I'm wondering now if this kind of person, SBNR, would be considered a part of the R&S forum. I do not want to bash religion nor do I want to change anybodies mind about what they believe. I just want to hear and reply about how people find their way and the joy in their beiefs. It lifts me up and gets me in touch with my own spirit.

I'm on a journey to find my own spiritulism. To find that part of me that is not filled as of yet and is not fully known to me. I can, of course go to another forum but would not get the feedback, I believe, I'm looking for.

I hope that if Ray does decide to erase the R&S forum to start anew, he will include those people, like me, who are on their own spiritual quest with the need from time to time to fill that void with good people, good words and uplifting parts from the book of choice. It does help me forget my problems for a minute and so I fiend for it like an addict.

Anyway, to make it shorter than I could. Do you believe religion as well as spiritually can co-exist and be part of the R&S forum?

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hi Holly, I for one believe it can.

I don't think it is the things that people believe that becomes the problem here it is the way some people interact with other people that seems to the the problem to me. There are a lot of decent people here of all viewpoints that can communicate very well without going on the attack or disrespecting others so I think we need to remember that. It is only a minority who are ruining for the rest.

If people here do not want to talk to or come in contact with posts from people of different beliefs (and for the record I think that number would be low) then they should find a religious forum dedicated to their faith.

Meniere's, MAV, SCD, AIED, allergies, celiac disease don't discriminate based on religious beliefs and we shouldn't either.

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I have watched this topic explode many times during my time here. I'm not sure ALL people can abide by the rules.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

Holly,

That is why Ray calls it "Religion & Spiritual Corner." Anyone wanting spiritual support, whether they are part of a religious group or not, is welcome. We have had many "Spiritual but not religious" members come here for encouragement. Some just want positive thoughts and comforting words. That fits in with the purpose of this room. All are welcome. Ray just has a few very simple rules regarding no personal attacks and no bashing.

This room was not intended to be a debate room. That's where it has gotten off track. Ray tried a "debate den" four or five years ago and it didn't prove to help anyone so he closed it down.

For all reading: There is no need for negativity in this room. It defeats the purpose. Sometimes I just need to ask for prayer from someone who understands being dizzy 24/7. Kind words go a long way in keeping me positive and giving me hope.

I think the purpose of this room has been clearly defined by Ray. It's up to us to abide by his rules here.

Just my opinion.

Kim

5. tm53

tm53 New Member

Kim-

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

believers of which religion(s) cuz even believers of different religions argue...and what about the spiritual aspect?

7. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I have no problems or issues with you hanging out here HollyM, and I no longer belong to any one church or religion either. But it's the ones that were on here constantly mocking God and making juvenile comments about those who choose to believe and/or pray, it's those people that I will be glad to see kicked out of this section all together.