Quorum request

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by vanisdizzy, May 25, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. vanisdizzy

vanisdizzy Im sorry we met here, but glad to meet you.

Gentleman and Ladies (Read),

Im pretty sure that the sole purpose of this site was offering help not debate. Im sure I saw that somewhere. Did you know that a person who I met only once suggested this site to me. No two people can have more respect for each other and in my hour of need she recommended you guys. Now I can go on typing with one finger and mispelling words but I really think you have better things to do in your lives than read about an ole mans problems or do you? Why are you here? The way I see it, my problems are probably someone elses also. Henry has offered possible causes and possible solutions. Saving money is not my priority. I am a very private person and I have shared some private issues. Tell me that its not come down to some individual jealousies or something of that nature. If I make another post and you dont aggree with someones opinion thats ok, thats what makes the world go round. Now I have a question for you. If I can never be better than I am now will I be like you? If so I hope we can be friends.

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Dizzy:

You should try everything under the sun and if it works for you stick too it. Only you will know by doing it. Sometimes a little laughter is all we have and it makes his horrible disease a little easier to take.

I would do joh, nucca, vitamin c, tumeric root, and any other recommendations and if nothing works you will know when to pull the trigger on more aggressive treatments.

3. citrinequartzlp

citrinequartzlp laugh as often as you can - even at yourself

I'm sure this has been covered in the 5 previous pages, but I just can't read that much when it's raining. I've been going to chiropractors for years and never felt better after any of them. Then I just kind of fell into one.

First, if the chiro is telling you how many visits you're going to have and then be re-evaluated, leave. He's after your money. Second, if after the first or second session, you should feel some relief -- maybe not alot, but a noticiable amount. Third, NEVER let a chiro twist your neck. There are two types of chiropractic techniques that are being taught now and have helped me tremendously. One is Grostic and One is Nuuco. Both focus on the c1 and the nucco also focuses on c2 and 3.

I also get Sacral Cranial massages. They are absolutely wonderful.

I hope some of this helps you on finding the help you are looking for. Since I've found my new chiro, I've had tremendous help. When I started 2 yrs ago (don't let that scare you I had a major problem) my neck was curving the wrong way and I had been tilting my head to the left for over 20 yrs as a natural compensation for the MM. Now my neck is curving the correct way and the tilt is more than 1/2 fixed. So there is hope. don't give up.

4. citrinequartzlp

citrinequartzlp laugh as often as you can - even at yourself

5. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

It's simple to me, van. If you simply want to be told a fairy tale to make you "feel" better without regards to its accuracy, then so be it. I will not bother you with any more attempts at providing you accurate information. If, however, you have any interest whatsoever in being given accurate information, then how is it not supportive to point out when you're being given inaccurate info?

You can do a search on this thread for posts I have made, and you will not find a single post from me telling people not to give NUCCA a fair try. I've never said any such thing on here, and anyone who tells you otherwise is not being forthright. You asked for people's experience with NUCCA, and that is what I provided to you. My experience. I was quite forthright when I told you -- in a candid response to your request for information -- that the people who benefitted from NUCCA to any degree felt at least SOMETHING within the first couple of sessions. "Something" does not mean being cured, does not mean months of relief, does not even mean hours of relief. It could have been as simple as a popping sound in the ear, or a few seconds of relief from vertigo. If I understood your initial post, you indicated that after 5 visits you hadn't felt anything. So I commented that it would likely be a waste of time for you. If you don't like that feedback, then do whatever you want. It's your life, not mine.

All that being said, I'm not going to send you PM's offering to pay for you to see a NUCCA doctor, or an ENT, or an acupuncturist, or whatever it is you want to do. That's none of my business. I have no dog in any fight, other than a general distaste for misinformation. But if you prefer to be misinformed, so be it.

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Citri and vanisdizzy:

there is much help on these pages and everyone will help, offer support, make suggestion, but it is important to remember nobody on this forum has the answers for all of us, if they did we would not suffer as we do.

Hank, Joh and many others will tell you what worked for them, others will tell you thy did not work for them. It is up to you to decide what to do and if it works, stick too it and keep doing it, if it does not work, move on to another treatment.

Some people will tell you on this forum the only way to go is gent, another will tell you gent did not work try the vns and anoter will tell you do a laby.

Take it in and try everything. But please remember nobody and I mean nobody has the answers to your problems as it pertams to meniers it is all a crapshoot. Of there were answers this forum would not exist. We would all be cured.

Support, hell yes, you will get support, we are the only ones who truly understand what you are going through but we do not have all the answers, all we can have is understanding and make recommendations.

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Wino... I always appreciate what you bring to the forum here with all of your knowledge in the medical field. You are always my go to guy when I need accurate information and I really appreciate having you here to offer us that knowledge. We are lucky to have you. :-*

8. chrisj

chrisj Guest

Wise words, Joe....

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Exactomundo.

And what Caroline said.

10. vanisdizzy

Wino, you're a funny guy. Why do you want to be that way?

11. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Van, have you considered the possibility that you have issues that might be fixable via chiropractic care COMBINED with something else--and that both (or even more than 2) issues might be contributing to your symptoms?

So often we think there's only one magic bullet, when in fact, we may have been hit by a whole firing squad.

In my own case, I had several issues contributing to my symptoms, including B12 deficiency, which can cause dizziness/vertigo, tinnitus, and fluctuating hearing loss (sound familiar?). But correcting the B12 deficiency didn't quite cure everything for me--I was still left with some tinnitus, which disappeared after one chiropractic adjustment (within a second or so of the adjustment).

Let's say you have B12 deficiency, or celiac disease/gluten intolerance, or a herpes inner ear infection, or a systemic candida infection. Any one of those can cause all the symptoms of Meniere's disease.

And, in fact, celiac disease/gluten intolerance can also cause B12 deficiency! For that matter, it IS possible to have all 4 issues simultaneously.

Let's say you have just one of those AND cervical misalignment, that combine to cause dizziness, tinnitus, and hearing loss.

You address one of those causes, with no change in symptoms.

Do you give up and try something else? Or do you try everything at once?

That's not such an easy question to answer. The prevailing opinion around here is to try one thing at a time, and if it doesn't work, you've ruled out that particular cause. I don't agree with that at all--the logic behind it is deeply flawed, as it assumes that ONLY one thing alone can cause Meniere's symptoms.

I think you should try everything you can, in case you have a combination of causes (as I did). You can always remove things one by one and see if symptoms come back, although you still won't know exactly what the balance point is.

I'm not saying that you should stick with chiropractic, or try another one, or give it up (sorry, I didn't have time to read all the pages here). But I am saying that you can't rule it out as a factor in your symptoms.

If I were in your shoes, unless the chiropractor gave me a darn convincing reason to believe otherwise, I WOULD assume that after 12 visits, whatever needed to be corrected was corrected. But I would NOT assume that it was never a factor in the Meniere's symptoms.

Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted.

12. vanisdizzy

Will do, thank you.