Question for ya?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by GreatfulTed2, Sep 16, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatfulTed2

GreatfulTed2 New Member

If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?
    Why is it that some evolved and some didn't?
    Does not seem logical to me but what do I know
    The story of creation is easier to understand and follow logically.
    Just asking ???

2. June-

June- New Member

You create a straw man by pretending that evolution says we evolved from an ape that is still extant. That is not the science. If you want to challenge it you first have to understand it.

Here us a question for you. Why do you think God is too stupid to use evolution as a means of creating the universe? Why would the Creator be limited in how He creates? It seems to me the ultimate arrogance to ignore the glory of creation including evolution and substitute for this direct evidence that God Himself has supplied, the huffings and puffings of self proclaimed spokespersons for God.

3. GreatfulTed2

GreatfulTed2 New Member

I am truly sorry that I have offend you is some way.
    Did not intend to huff and puff. Nor did I intend to be the self proclaimed spokes person for God.
    I read an article that asked that exact same question.
    Had not been on the forum in a while and I was intersted in seeing what kind of response that it would bring from a wide variety of different opinions on this forum.
    One of the things that makes it interesting to me is the differing opinions, from all over the world.
    I guess my fault is my curosity in how others look at things differently.
    If I came off as arrogant, again I apologize. Not arrogant, just curious/interested.
    did not mean to upset you.
    If I have offended or upset anyone else that may read this, it was not my intention

4. June-

June- New Member

I wasn't assuming you were a self-proclaimed spokesperson for God. I don't know you well enough to know if. You are or aren't. I know there are a lot in this world though.

You do present a false question though. Neither Darwin or any current scientists claim people descend from any animal on earth today so why debate something that no one asserts?

Where is the issue between religion and evolution? I was raised in a Christian home and church and there was never any conflict between the two.

All the sudden we have people who don't understand evolution claiming it is anti God. I don't get that. I don't understand why people would demonize study of creation rather than wonder at it.

5. June-

June- New Member

If you sincerely want an answer to your question, read Darwin and others and truly understand it. You may come to a completely different opinion once you understand it better.

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

The million dollar question. I am a believer. It is not up to me to convince someone of God rather it is up to them to convince me that a creator does not exist. I have never heard a compelling agrument against the existence of a god/creator.

7. June-

June- New Member

Evolution does not in any way contradict the existence if a Creator. It does suppose that the Creator is free to create however He wants and may have used evolution as His way. Most main stream churches have accepted this for nearly a century.

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

News to me.

9. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I think June is saying things evolve in that they get bigger, stronger, faster. Am i right June.

You don't really think fine specimens such as myself and TM53 came from monkeys do you?

10. June-

June- New Member

Bulldogs, go read about evolution instead of making stuff up. Ok? Making stuff up doesn't cut it.

Do I remember correctly that you are Roman Catholic? If so are you aware that the Catholic Church finds no issue with the scientific findings regarding evolution but believes that evolution was/is guided by God.

11. June-

June- New Member

Check it out. I said most, not necessarily your church. Which denomination do you belong to which Claims incompatibility between existence of God and evolution?

12. tm53

tm53 New Member

I have checked several. Have not heard that premise at all.

No interest in playing "the last person to post wins" here June so will end it with we agree to disagree.

13. June-

June- New Member

Would you like to know what various Christian Churches have to say about evolution ?

I will gather some references in the next few days.

I feel all Christians (and other religions) have a right to speak their undestanding here not just one, don't you?

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

June: i am roman catholic and i don't think they preach the concept of evolution.

Please be clear what you mean by evolution? I don't have time to go read Darwin, i think most of his stuff has been disproved as they are big big big gaps in his theory of evolution, in terms of fossil remains.

the last i checked, the catholic church is not teaching the theory of evolution in their schools. my 5 year old goes to catholic school.

please clarify.

15. June-

June- New Member

Talk to your priest. Apparently You will be surprised what the Church teaches on this subject.

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

describe what you mean by evolution, we may agree.

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I thought science was supposed to deal with evidence. What evidence does science cite that any species has EVER evolved into a new and different species? Evidence, I want to see the scientific evidence. 'Cause if there is no evidence, as if someone has seen it, measured it, counted it, and can reproduce it, it isn't scientific evidence. Anybody??

18. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

"If we evolved from apes why are there still apes"

Probably because they have successfully survived in their environment, just like we're still around because we've also been successful at living in our environment.

[​IMG]

:)

19. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

20. June-

June- New Member

I mean the same thing all scientists mean by it. It is the evlution of the species by natural selection. We do share common ancestors with all animals if you go back far enough. We do not descend directly from any 'monkey' which is present today but humans, birds, lions, you name it, all descend from more primitive animals. Everything from our inner ear to The sodium in our blood harkins back to our marine ancestors. Was all this guided by the miraculous hand of God ? Many say yes. Only the hand of God could design such an exquisite process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.