Q-tip test

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by kay, Dec 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are gonna make me laugh till I pee my pants, I swear! ;D

Yes, I need help, but I'd just as soon stare at the forward end of a backward donkey than deal with that itching all day long! It drives me mad!!

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I actually just got up from writing this and got a Q-tip haha!! And, oh, do I feel better. ;D Hey, could my sticking those things in my ears 5 times a day have anything to do with the reason I have absolutely NO ear wax ever? Hmmm..... interesting.

So they say if you give one habit up, you pick up another, so if I give Q-tipping up, what will I get in return? A stamp licking habit? Nose picking? What? Oh man, I don't even want to think about it! ;D

2. Trish

Trish Guest

Important info for all you American Q-tip junkies!!

If you come over the pond, don't ask for Q-tips...they wont know what you're talking about! ;D

We call them cotton buds.....Q-tips is the name of a rock band!...you could find yourself at a rock concert :D

3. vertigo247

Oh good grief! That's the last thing us hyperacusis sufferers need LOL! ;D

4. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Hilarious!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. suebk

suebk New Member

Try putting a bit of baby oil on your 'Q tip'. If you don't have wax, the itch may be because the ear canal is dry.

I do occasionally clean out my ears. Mainly to dry out shower water. I used to get swimmers' ear all the time as a kid, so I hate wet ears. I remember one occassion the drops didn't seem to work. The Dr asked the nurse to syringe my ear out - pump the water in, suck it back out. Horrible sensation. After ages of this, she said to him "I can't get the white stuff out." He said "It just needs a hole in it so the drops can get through to the other side." I didn't bother asking what that white stuff was. I figured I probably didn't want to know! Mouldy ears anyone?

Anyway, using a cotton bud in my ears does not make me cough. Sometimes, it makes somewhere between my throat and my ear itchy. I hate that sensation, 'cause there is nothing that you can do about it.

6. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

So whats the record amount of Q-tips that someone has gotten in there ear..ya know if one feels good then how would 5 or 6 more make ya feel??? Sounds like a major Q-tip rush... ;)

7. vertigo247

You're an enabler, heavyduty haha! ;D

8. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Yeah. Heavyduty needs Qanon!!! :D

9. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

hey i just got in a special suppy of M-tips..supposed to be like 50 times better than Q-tips.... its the good stuff man ;)

10. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Well it looks like you got a good connection man... Better watch it or you will overdose!! LOLOL

11. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

hehehe i get them from over the border... i am all connected man !!! :D but i am afraid that vertigo is gonna put a hit out on me for them.. :O

12. peggoins

peggoins Stop the world from spinning!!

PDA LOL

13. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

14. tm53

tm53 New Member

Hi, my name is Tom and I'm... I'm.... , well......, a Q-tip user.

Everybody "Hi Tom!"

It's been going on for years now. I don't really want to quit. Is that so wrong? A little pleasure at the start of the day, my head cocked like a dog getting his ear scratched. My eyes glassed over for just a few seconds....

There, I've said it. Sure, it's not a pretty picture but, hey, it's not really effecting my work life! I am a daily user but I'm OK, yes, just fine.

I fear for those that have slipped into the M-tips though. I've heard stories. Sure, they seem great at first, but then, well, it's best not to talk about it right now. Just a word to the wise!

Well, it's been great to get this off my chest at long last and to find that I'm not alone.

Here's to the Q in all of us.

15. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

now tom dont u feel sooooo much better to have that off your chest? i have heard that some baseball player have been using "M-tips".. so they will probably spend 30 million bux investigating that too ;)

16. vertigo247

Yes, heavyduty, you may want to watch over your shoulder 'cause you're not safe as long as those special Q-tips are in your possesion LOL! ;D Come on man, just one scratch, just ONE!!

Welcome Tom! The first step is acceptance. The second step is to SHARE YOUR STASH! Oh sorry, I got carried away there for a minute. :)

Look everyone, here's the best solution to kick the habit: I'll happily agree to confiscate each of your Q-tips out of the goodness of my heart. After which I will use... um, I mean DESTROY them. So just send them all to me and everything will be fine. ;D

17. Talegi

Talegi New Member

Hey, you guys really had me in stitches reading these posts. I've been offline for a couple days, and was just catching up. For those that seem to need a daily "fix", you might try one of my favorite ear products... the Ototek Loop. So far, I've only seen them at Walgreen's, near the dreadful :p wax irrigation kits. It's a home version of the doctor's tool, and it's great for getting those itchies without compacting the wax. I used to be a junkie, but have been off Q-tips for over 4 years now, and life just couldn't be better! ;)

18. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

hmm has anyone tried a back scratcher for there ears??? :D

19. PDA

PDA New Member

Hi! My name is David (PDA). Poor Kay started a serious thread and well I started "Confessions of a Q-tip User".
    Sorry Kay - no disrespect to you and your serious topic.

Well my friends, I now must confess to you all that today, I, well, I "fell out of the box".

Group sighs with deep sadness.

I used! I give up. I'll never be Q-tip free.

Depressed

I'll probably end up sitting under a bridge somewhere with only a box of Q-tips to my name!

In denial

I'll always have IES and will always be a Q-tip user. :'(

May the Q-tip be with you!
    PDA David

20. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Okay. Group hug!!!