Q-tip test

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by kay, Dec 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzy teacher2

dizzy teacher2 New Member

It sure does make me cough!!!!!! I always wondered if why my husband doesn't have the same reaction.

Hey, I wonder if you DON'T have mm and you use a Q-tip, and you DO cough....does that mean you are prone to mm??????? :-\

Patti

2. Daize

Daize New Member

Kay - Yes I do! I have been doing this all my life. I don't put Q-Tip way in, just as you say.

When I do, I cough and it tickles.

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

i forgot...if i put a Q-Tip in my nose it makes sneeze..does that count ?? :D

4. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Only if it tickles your brain heavyduty... :D

5. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

LMAO here at some of these responses ;D ;D ;D

Danny darlin :-* ;D ;D ;D

I have used Q Tips forever :eek:

I know, I know, a nurse should know better and I used to tell all my patients exactly what Trish said ::) (do as I say, not as I do...LOL)

I don't however cough...it does tickle a bit in my "better" ear but in my "dead" ear I feel NUTHIN...its like it is not even there ??? I have never had a build up of wax in either of my ears...maybe its cause I have....uuuummmm...can't remember the name but its from swimming a lot in cold water.....you get these bumps in the ear canal ???

Intertesting (and funny) topic Kay

Maggie

6. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

7. vertigo247

David, you're hilarious! I also suffer from IES and find myself "using" on a daily basis. But, hey, there are much worse habits I could have. I could be a nose picker! ;D

8. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

This remind me of a time mt husband woke me in the morning getting ready for work in a panic.He said,uummm hon,I'm scared I got a q-tip stuck in my ear.I thought,how bad can it be.I got up and looked and the whole thing broke off!!!!!The little round cotteny part was stuck way in his ear.I know this is mean but,I laughed because I thought,how the heck did he manage that.Well turns out I bought the cvs brand q-tips that week and I ALWAYS get the johnson an johnson.I got it out with tweezers and he looked like he saw a ghost.I am NOT aloud to buy crap brand anymore. ;D
    My throat tickles when I use them but,I don't cough.

9. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

OH btw..another of my Q-tip experiences..:D in 5th grade my dad was in his recliner asleep..so i had one of my bright ideas and decided to see how many Q-tips i could stick in his nose..anyways 2 Q-tips in the nose are good enough to get ya grounded for 2 weeks... :(

10. vertigo247

Heavyduty, you're cracking me up here! I love your sense of humor!! ;D

11. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

OH STOP!!! I'm cryin' over here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Who knew we all have so much past history....with Qtips?!!

13. PDA

PDA New Member

Brooke, I'm so glad to hear that you are only a "daily user". I hate to admit it but I have become a .... a multiple daily user! Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day! I just can't help it or stop it. My ears just itch and itch and I have to scratch and scratch with a (I definitely agree) "quality name brand" Q-tip - I find myself drawn to the medicine cabinet and I can not seem to resist. "No" I scream - but I always seem to give in to the temptation. Is there hope? Is there a cure for IES ?
    Re: the nose thing (?) I thought that was what the other end of the Q-tip was for?
    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) David

14. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

I have a virgin, unopened box of J&J q-tips here. Who is jonesing for them...maybe we can make a deal!! 8)

15. PDA

PDA New Member

Not me I don't have a problem ... no not me!

(Hey Tumbleweed - PM me with the details - name the price! PDA 8)

16. vertigo247

David, oh how I wish it were that simple! I "use" about 3-5 times a day LOL! Sometimes I even keep one on the nightstand, yikes!

I tried the patch
    But it's no match
    Not when I really
    Need to scratch!! ;D

Okay, I just showed my DORK side haha!! My husband would be proud! :)

17. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

You people have me laughing my head off!! Yes. I have itchy ears and want to scratch them all the time. My ENT gave me drops to help address that. Might want to think about that multi-tip users....

Man, we have some heavy users on this board. Sounds like it's time for Q-tip rehab!

:D ;D

18. PDA

PDA New Member

Brooke,
    I say this as your friend!

PUT THE Q-TIPS DOWN!!! YOU ARE WAY OVER "USING" GET A GRIP GIRL!!! IF YOU NEED TO CHECK IN TO Q-T REHAB than admit it and get the help you deserve! Do it for the forum - we care - we ... we love you! 8) 8) 8) David

19. Jade63

Jade63 New Member

How else are you supposed to clean your ears...I am not walking around with wax hanging out of my ear YUK..drs are morons you cannot clean your ears with something big as your elbow ...oh yeah go andhave them clean your ears$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

20. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

sounds like some of the people here need Q-anon....Jade maybe the car wash could do the job..squirt some of that green stuff in first..its a degreaser :D