Prednisone

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by shartsoe, Jun 16, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

So, the doctor wouldn't give me antivirals yesterday, but she did prescribe another round of predisone. I forgot to ask if there was any danger in starting a new round so soon after finishing the first taper. (About four days). Starting at 60 mg for 7 days and then tapering off. Any of you have experience with long term high doses? I can't get ahold of her, but I'm going to start this morning to see if I can get relief. So far, it has helped a little. I'm getting scared that the longer this goes on the more damage I'm doing.
    shannon

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Shannon,

the steroids ony gave me temporary relief and I do not know if wy are good for you long term.

I felt like the incredible Hulk on them, I was stronger but not necessarily better.

I do know many get get relief from a dexamethasone steroid injection in the ear. In fact for many clinics tht is their first line of defense. It can give you 3-6 months of symptom free living.

The only thing the steroid packs did for me was make me want to throw cars through windows and rip houses from their foundation. Ask about the dex injections. I think hey work better. Directly into the ear no inflamation and many times that is all someone needs.

3. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I had back to back doses once before. No major issues for me. I'll give the same advice I recently gave on another thread, though. Make sure to take a 24-hr Prilosec with breakfast in the morning before taking the steroids, and you're also better off taking the entire daily dosage at the same time in the morning. If you do those things you'll better be able to avoid the heartburn and insomnia side effects.