Prayers please for my best friends baby ...

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by cc635, Jan 4, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cc635

cc635 New Member

Hey forum friends,

I posted on the FP Saturday that two of my best friends had their babies on New Years Day. One of my best friends has been pretty quiet since the birth. She lives 2 hours away, so I had not seen her yet. I left her a vm today to see if I could come tomorrow. She called back crying and said the baby was moved to a children's hospital and is in the NICU. He was born with a large mass on his spine. They are doing a biopsy Thurs to see if it is malignant. They think it may be neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer. This is their first baby and so far, only her husband and parents know.

Please join me in praying for baby boy "S" and his mommy. The mass is too large to surgically remove, so no matter the outcome Thursday, he will have a long road ahead of him. This is a wonderful family and she is one of the greatest friends I have ever had.

Since I am one of the few to know, also, please pray for me to be there for her in the right way (say/do the right things). Any advice on that front is welcome. I wanted to post here, because I feel like since they are not telling people yet, no one knows to pray. That may be silly, but I keep thinking about that. Thanks for your prayers and support.

With much sadness,

CC

2. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Such sad, sad news! Keeping them in my thoughts/prayers, and you as well.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Oh cc, that is so sad and shocking.

My thoughts are with that baby, the family and with you.

I hope things turn out ok, it sounds so scary at this point.

4. Daize

Daize New Member

cc ~~ oh this is so sad. Prayers for baby "S" and mom and dad and all of you.

Caring thoughts with you CC.

Ruth

5. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Oh that is just heartbreaking CC. Many prayers for baby "S" and mom and dad. Prayers to you too sweetie that you will find just the right words to be able to comfort and support your dear friend. :-*

6. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

God is all powerful. My prayers go out to that beautiful baby and his parents.

7. cc635

cc635 New Member

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Prayers are helping. His CT scan today was negative for anything having spread outside his back. His bloodwork was also normal. Surgery is tomorrow.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Prayers for the little one. Keep us posted.

9. GreatfulTed2

GreatfulTed2 New Member

Ditto what everyone else has said.
    Will be praying for the family today as that little fellow is having his surgery.
    I have found just being there some time is enough in these situtations. Will say a prayer for you also.

10. rev

rev New Member

When you are there, God can use you. Prayers for all.

11. cc635

cc635 New Member

Praise GOD! Neuroblastoma and rectosarcoma have been ruled out. They let the baby go home today! They expect to have a diagnosis next week, so they are by no means out of the woods, but that those two have been ruled out is very good news.

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Good news... please keep us updated on the baby's progress.

13. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Continuing to wish for the best.

14. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

prayers for this little angel...

15. cc635

cc635 New Member

Well, it has been a week since the biopsy and still no diagnosis. This actually is probably a good thing and means it may be less likely to be cancerous. Hopefully, they will know and have a "plan" still this week. They are much more hopeful then they were a week ago, so that is all great news. The baby is growing and eating well and the mass has not gotten any bigger. :)

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks for the update. Will look forward to good news in the future.

17. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

praying still xoxo

18. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Still praying for the little one and his parents...

19. cc635

cc635 New Member

Well, we finally got the news. He does have cancer. It is congenital fibrosarcoma. He is having surgery to put in a line for his chemo. They expect that he will have 8 months of chemo and at some point, the hope is the tumor will shrink enough to do surgery to remove it.

It is a rare cancer, but rarely metastasizes, so that is good news. It is also not a particularly aggressive caner - also good news.

Please continue to pray for Baby S and his parents as they start on this difficult journey.

20. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Oh no CC...this is so heartbreaking. Many prayers for Baby S that he may be cured of his cancer.

Please Heavenly Father give this little one the strength he will need to undergo chemo and be well again and give his parents the strength they will need to watch over him and help him through this difficult journey. Amen.