prayers for the people in Egypt

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by charisse, Feb 11, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I pray the people in Egypt truely end up better off now.

2. June-

June- New Member

I do too. I believe they will. they will have to make their future but finally they have taken it onto their own hands.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Fervent hope for a better tomorrow for the Egyptian people.

Nice to see that good people protesting peacefully had a good result.

4. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

I have loved watching this story.. People fighting for what they believe in...For basic rights...for freedom.. amazing! I wish I could see all this first hand

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

The only problem is - that really under the current president's reign - women had rights and such...the new regime however, if it is the brotherhood, may not give such liberties (they are a not so nice group of peopl)...things could get a lot worse for the country - ie libya when Ghadaffi took over...Egypt had always been a haven for me...you could be Christian and not be prosecuted....
    prayers and more prayer...I believe what we are witnessing now is of Biblical proportion...enough said - I don't want a debate...

6. June-

June- New Member

They say this is primarily a secular movement. Christians And Muslims protected each other during their worship in the square. Democracy is always a huge leap of faith.

But I agree with you, we must not forget the millions of women who are oppressed around the world.

7. tm53

tm53 New Member

Prayers indeed.

8. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

This thing isn't over yet. There is still a long way to go. Many groups will attempt a power grab, then there is Israel. They surely have to be sweating bullets since they have been at peace with Egypt for oh so many years.
    So, I don't want a debate either. Just some thoughtful thoughts

9. June-

June- New Member

I think it is an encouraging sign that the theocratic rulers of Iran are very worried by the revolution in Egypt.

10. Daize

Daize New Member

many prayers.

11. rev

rev New Member

This could be a small thing, but it seems to be spreading to their neighbors. So fervent prayers!