Prayer request

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Taximom5, Dec 30, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Our sweet kitty, Casey, had unsuccessful surgery for bladder stones. Poor thing, she is only 2, lived 3/4 of that at a shelter, and is very, very sweet. The vet removed 11 (???!!!) stones from her bladder, but there are a couple more in her urethra, and they are now completely obstructing urine flow. Our vet said that this is the first time in her career that she has been unsuccessful at this, and has arranged for another vet (with more sophisticated equipment, like an endoscope) to try. My hubby is rushing her (on icy roads, yet) for emergency surgery.

She's such a sweet, affectionate, little cat, and our kids adore her.

Thank you so much...

2. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Oh nooo poor kitten.. will do.

3. Rebecca123

Rebecca123 New Member

I feel so bad for her AND you. I'm a great animal lover.
    Certainly will pray...

4. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

My prayers that Casey's surgery will be a success.

5. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Thank you so much, guys--surgery WAS a success! (Big price tag--but a success!!!) :)

6. Tara

Tara New Member

Yay!

7. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I am so glad the surgery was successful. I love animals, especially sweet ones.

8. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Update: Casey is still at the vet. Although they said the surgery was a success, she has not peed, and they don't want to release her until she does.

Poor kitty, she has had a very tough few days. :(

9. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Apparently, cats are amazing at hiding that they are sick. It's some kind of survival instinct. We had no idea that she even had any urinary tract issues until a couple of weeks ago, and only realized how bad things were a few days ago (and we took her to the vet). We've only had her since March, and she was supposedly examined by a vet at the shelter.

TWELVE stones. 11 in the bladder, one in the urethra. The vet showed us the bladder ones. Some of them were as big as peas, but jagged. And they were pink--blood-stained.

She must have been in agony.

Sigh.

10. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Prayers for your furbaby and hugs for you.

11. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

Hurray! I hope she gets better and pees!

birdmom3

12. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Pray for pee--??!!

13. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Update: she is STILL at the animal hospital.

Hubby went to pick her up. She still had not peed, but the vet didn't think she was acting sick (he commented on what a friendly kitty she is, even after 2 back-to-back surgeries), and thought that maybe she just didn't want to pee THERE (he said some animals only like to pee at home).

They had done routine post-op blood work, and were just waiting for it to come when hubby showed up. Then it came back--and BUN and creatinine are elevated--and they weren't elevated 2 days ago.

So they don't know what's going on. They may have nicked something, which would mean urine could be leaking into the abdomen, which would mean they would have to go in and fix it.

I'm getting SO worried....

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Oh my...........hope it all turns out well.

15. June-

June- New Member

Sending healing thoughts to your kitty.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

So sorry for you, your kitty and your wallet... these things can get expensive.

I hope Kitty recovers and is back home to her loving home soon.

17. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Prayers for Casey!!!

18. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

Sorry. I hope she can eliminate her urine.

Birdmom3

19. Daize

Daize New Member

I am animal lover too and love my furbaby cat Katrina ♥

Prayers for your loving furbaby that all goes well and home with you soon.

20. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I just saw this, Taximom. Your kitty is in my prayers.