Power Prayers

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Nov 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, you know how painful it is when things are not right between friends. I long for connected relationships, where people live in peace and harmony and there is no resentment between them. What a joy it is to know I'm made right with God by faith. We can communicate freely, talking and listening, enjoying each other as heart friends. I want to live in a growing heart relationship with you. Thank you for restoration and righteousnesss.

Disclaimer...I do not write these prayers myself. They come from a book entitled, Power Prayers for Women, by Jackie M. Johnson.

AMEN

2. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Great Prayer!! We serve an AWESOME GOD!!

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

There's more where that one came from, stay tuned!

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, I have been so lonely lately-I need more friends. In Your graciousness, please provide for my need for companionship. It's hard to start again, to find someone who cares, and makes the time for someone new in their life. But You are the giver of good things, and I trust that You will bring the right people at the right time. As I seek to extend the hand of friendship to others, give me the wisdom to know which relationships to peruse. Bless me with good friends, Lord.

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Amen.

You are a special lady.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, this world offers so many choices of things or people to whom we could give our allegiance. We will choose not to bow to the Gods of materialism or selfishness. Instead, please give us the strength to serve You. As we humbly bow before You, we ask that You would provide for all our needs so we can be a means to help and supply the needs of others through our service and hospitality.

And SUPPORT!

AMEN

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Amen

what gracious and powerful prayers

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, it seems odd to consider trials a joyful thing. But I pray that my challenges in life, these times of testing, will lead me to greater perseverance. My that perseverance finish its work so I will be mature and complete, on my way to wholeness. I ask for wisdom and Your perspective as I seek joy in life's challenges- and the better times that will come my way.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Today's Prayer

Lord, may our home be a place where we show love and respect to each other. Help us to value each member of our family and everyone we welcome into our home. We may not always agree; we may have different opinions. But I pray that we would extend kindness to others and seek to view them as significant, worthy, and valuable. We choose to honor others in our home because we honor You.

10. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, I am so tired of limitations. People pretend to be something they're not. Food is flavored with artificial ingredients. It's hard to tell what's false and what's true anymore. When it comes to Joy, I want the real thing. Pour into my life Your genuine and lasting Joy. I need more of You, Lord. I pray for righteousness, peace, and Joy in the Holy Spirit. Fill me, please.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Amen.

'Fill me with the Peace only You can give and Peace not of this world....'

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, I want a more cheerful outlook on life. I pray for a hopeful disposition. When I tend toward negativity and cynicism, I know You can heal me. Please help me to live with real joy, not just a pasted-on smile. As I spend more time with You, may Your joy flow through me. And, Lord, may I bring joy to the hearts of others.

14. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

15. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Great words, Gina!

Too big for this small world
    Too little to not trust God
    and lucky enough to be loved by Him! :)

16. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

yes Alisa

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, thank You for the gift of laughter! I thank You for the joy You bring into my life through a child's smile, a lucious peach, a hot bath, and a good nights sleep. Help me remember that when I am looking up to You, Lord, I can have a more optimistic outlook and be a more positive person. Keep my eyes on You, not myself, or my circumstances, so I can live with a lighter, more joy filled heart.

18. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Amen. Love to laugh - sometimes hurts my ears so I giggle. :)

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, I am so mad! I am angry, and I need Your help. Why do things have to go so wrong? I need to do something with this heated emotion-and I choose to give You my anger and bitterness, Lord. Help me be rid of it. Redeem the confusion and bring peace to what seems so out of control. Free me from resentment and blame. Show me my path in this conflict as You speak to the heart of those involved. I need Your healing and peace, Lord.

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Lord, I don't always know what to pray for my family. But, You know each of them- their hopes and dreams, needs and desires. I ask You to intercede with the power of Your Holy Spirit. May his deep groans translate into the words I cannot express. Thank-you, Lord, for filling in the gaps in my knowledge and ability. You are the God who knows all!