post pictures please

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by jim1884again, Apr 30, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

when I post a half dozen pics of a family trip, I always get nice responses and I often comment that I like family pics of anybody, especially people with whom I have had cyber-chat with but have never met

so this is a picture thread--you, your family, your weird Uncle Willy who claims he was abducted by aliens--whatever you want--what I would really like to see are pics that people have used as avatars but normal size but any pics would be neat

I will start then it's your turn! post away, please!

my son Joel, (the new father in the pics under "another trip")--he was about 3 here
    [​IMG]

later the same year, on the family farm in West Virginia--I was about 40 and the kids were 3 and 5--yes, that 4 eyed little girl ended up being a beauty pageant queen and the same girl in the wedding gown pics
    [​IMG]

my Uncle Elly (in the 30s) demonstrating his bullet proof vest invention by letting an officer shoot him (this is in China)
    [​IMG]

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Here is the little sign pointing to where we live.....see it on the street sign......​

[​IMG]

Me last summer at the end of our street...Lake Superior....​

[​IMG]

3. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Nice pictures

4. burd

burd New Member

5. burd

burd New Member

Jim, I love the pic of you with your kids, so sweet. Your son is too cute! Love the beads, oh yeah...:D
    The 3rd pic gave me a bit of a jolt, until I read about it, but it still is a bit of a shock. I'm going to assume the experiment was successful.

6. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Nice pictures everybody!Terry,how did you grow up with 4 brothers??????They must have been very protective with you. ;D

7. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

My children and me -- 1973:

[​IMG]

With my daughter taking in a baseball game in Anaheim in 2006:

[​IMG]

My daughter and me -- 1971:

[​IMG]

Me in 1999 and 2007:

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. jim1884again

thanks guys!! keep those pics coming!

Tuck--love your walking stick--I have wooden ones I made from branches off my trees because I am cheap

Burd--no wonder you're so tough--4 brothers! bet you did the ballet to get muscles to whoop up on them
    the uncle getting shot? he was a famous character in China before WWII--arms dealer, author of the book, Six Months a Prisoner of the Szechwan Military about his time in captivity, spy (like my grandfather who was murdered but Elly was luckier or had better protection)--having someone shoot him with the vest was relatively low risk given his endeavors

Linda--I have always liked that little shot of you and your kids, and I might have known you would get baseball in there no matter what!

9. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

These are fantastic pictures! I love seeing everyone's families and special things... also, what a cool picture of your Uncle demonstrating the bullet proof vest! Awesome!

This is my profile picture, but larger:
    [​IMG]

This is my boyfriend/best friend Daniel making a face:
    [​IMG]

This is my best friend in the world since high school, Julia (we say that we are hetero-life-mates like Jay and Silent Bob), and my best friend Donnie:
    [​IMG]

This is my cat Buffy, yawning:
    [​IMG]

This is me and Daniel at Halloween. We were calacas, which are Mexican Day-of-the-Dead skeletons:
    [​IMG]

This is a pic of me where you can see my sacred heart tattoo:
    [​IMG]

10. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

Jim- Love the pics of your kids... I really like the one of your son with the necklaces on his ears! So cute!

Tucker- You live in a beautiful place!!! And that's a great picture of you by the lake.

Burd- Aren't brothers awesome? I love the picture of you on the motorcyle... hot!

Linda- The black & white photo of you and your brothers is precious!

11. jim1884again

hi cap--thanks--I can only see Daniel making a face--the rest are not appearing

are you using the IMG on photobucket?

12. Marian

Marian New Member

Mid May we willl go for a 3 week trip to the area around Paris and Paris itself. I promise to make photos (of course for ourselves too) and send some here again. Not like last time, in September till October, which was rather a long story with many photos. Now I won;t have enough time when we return as asome weeks later my daughter, SIL and granddaughter will arrive here in Holland for a 5-6 weeks stay.

Then I will be too busy to transfer photos to the Forum and even write on the Forum. We also go with the whole family during their stay for 10 days to Germany. Camping all together, sort of family reunion. Can't do that at home, is too small here and I cannot stand the nooise of so many people in my house. Outside is different and the kids will not sit on top of you but hopefully play somewhere else. And we'll go sightseeing and visiting castles along the Rhine and Mosel. Then I have new photos again, so I will be kept busy enough to put them in the albums of the computer. And later in real albums made digitally. But that will be winterwork.

So I will have enough photos and work to do. Now I have to prepare our vacation in mid May till around 8th of June. Some weeks later I have to see the professor in Antwerp again and a few days later again for test results. But a vacation can be fitted in, we just need it to relax a bit after this horrible winter.

See Jim's post right before I post mine. I use IMG on photobucket. Is that right? I don't know other ways of getting them on hte Forum.

Love from Marian

13. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

Shoot! No, I am using Picasa web albums (by google). I've never had a problem with it before! Any tips?

14. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

I modified it, can you see it now? I can see it in Firefox on my PC. I tried it on Internet Explorer and some of the pictures were "x"s, but if you right clicked on the X's and selected "show picture"they showed up fine. What am doing differently?

15. jim1884again

Hi marian--will look forward to pics of your travels--yes, I use IMG on photobucket

captain--I have no idea about other programs because I use photobucket
    now the yawning Buffy is showing also, but only that one and Daniel

could help if you were in photobucket but otherwise my ignorance sets in--if you don't hear from someone who knows about the program you are using you might try to register for photobucket

16. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

Modified it, used photobucket! Hope it works this time!

17. jim1884again

it worked captain
    good pics
    who did the Halloween makeup?

isn't photobucket fun?!

18. Titus

Titus New Member

[​IMG]

Picture taken a few months ago with my IG Cricket

[​IMG]

Picture before I got this illness (2002) with Monet

[​IMG]
    Picture of me in 1956!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

YES I LOVE MY DOGS

19. burd

burd New Member

Pictures are fun. I love putting faces with the names. And old family photos are great!
    Captainaffi! Great photos! You're so cute! And a tattoo on your chest, ow, ow, ow...you are so brave. Do you have brothers? I loved growing up with all boys in the house, we all had our own very individual friendships and relationships with eachother. But I didn't need ballet muscles to whoop ass on them, Jim! LOL I did that just fine without the dance training. ;)

Linda, I love that photo of you with your kids. I didn't even make the connection with the baseball related pic until it was mentioned, I guess it just seems so natural to see you in a baseball theme.

Very pretty lady Titus. And adorable when you were little. Yes, I do see a dog theme. :)

I hope more people jump in here!

20. mrs_kamm

mrs_kamm Sorry.. is the Noise in my head bothering you!

Me and my Husband@ Kennedy Meadows
    [​IMG]

Family Beach Fun
    [​IMG]

MY FAMILY
    [​IMG]

My Husband and son and me at our summer family vacation last summer great memory
    [​IMG]

Me and hubby night out on the town

[​IMG]

Me just larger I love this pic my oldest daughter took it she got a nack for picture taking I think :) Are you wondering what i am thinking LOL
    [​IMG]

One of my last great memorys when i was in remission last this was right before the attacks came back me and my sisters at a concert in La and a tatoo convention We had a blast this is one of the lead singer for guana batz one of the bands we saw :)
    [​IMG]

Me and my sisters im stuck in middle like always LOL
    [​IMG]