Pop substitute :D

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by AshleysMom, Aug 9, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ET

ET Living in Charlie Brown's Classroom

I am a die hard soda (cola) fan. I am not too crazy about fruit drinks, so having no soda/pop was hard for me till I found Diet Rite soda. No caffeine, no calories and no sodium. They also make a Tangerine flavor. Also made by the same company, I believe, is Cheerwine diet. Also same counts as above.

2. imtickledpink

imtickledpink New Member

Upper 10 is also salt and caffeine free but I've never seen it in Indiana. I buy it when I go South.

3. ET

What part of the south? I live in North Carolina and have never heard of it. What flavor is it? Cola?

4. imtickledpink

imtickledpink New Member

Upper 10 is more like a Sprite. I buy it when I go to Alabama to visit My family. I moved to Indiana 10 years ago and could'nt find Upper 10. I switched to diet drinks at that time because Diet Rite is the only drink I could find sodium, caffeine and carb free. I worry about drinking so much slenda thats in Diet Rite, I miss my Upper 10 and boiled peanuts!

5. ET

I still haven't seen any Upper 10, but I did try out the Vitamin Water and it is pretty good. One of the reasons I don't usually like fruit drinks is that they taste overly sweet and leave an aftertaste. The Vitamin Water is milder in flavor and doesn't leave as strong of an after taste. I have only tried two flavors so far, the dragonfruit and the acai-blueberry-pomegranate which I really like.

6. imtickledpink

imtickledpink New Member

Vitamin Water? Who makes it? Does it have Slenda? Blueberry-Pomegranite sounds good!

7. salgal

salgal New Member

Thanks for the great ideas, I just recently joined this site and I seem to be really struggling to kick my diet coke habit.
    I don't want to go cold turkey for fear of more crappy side effects, so I am trying to cut back everyday. Thanks for the ideas, I really miss the fizz in my substitutes drinks.

8. imtickledpink

imtickledpink New Member

I found the vitamin water.I've tried the blueberry-pomegranite. Thankyou for recommending it! No artifical sweeteners!