Pondering the Yonder (it's the yeast we can do)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Dec 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

I scored a 198 when I put in my pre-treatment symptoms. And I was sick as a dog. Hate to think how bad off I would have been if I had a 258 :p

2. Papajoe

I don't buy into the "cleansing" movement such as this. There are places in the body where toxins get stored, but it's usually in fat deposits, especially in and around the liver. I don't really buy the theory that certain substances can cleanse the body. I think that moving to a healthier diet and lifestyle will take care of all the cleansing necessary.

3. Papajoe

Yes, I have both. Candida (and other things) can cause MAV, and MM symptoms, and I believe that candida can cause MM as well. I regained most of my hearing and lost most of my tinnitus after starting my candida treatments. But from your descriptions it's not clear if that might be your problem or not.

The best thing to find out is to start a candida diet and see if you improve. The diet was the main thing that reduced my tinnitus and regained my hearing.

4. Papajoe

I expect the same things would be true of the most healthy individual in the world. I don't buy this, but JMHO.

5. Papajoe

Good list - now we need one of all the ways wheat can find itself in your diet ;)

6. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

B12 deficiency is often misdiagnosed in the elderly as Alzheimer's or dementia. Which makes me wonder, is there any connection between B12 deficiency and candida?

7. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I can't let this pass.
    Spreading these ridiculous rumors about HIV is not just irresponsible it is harmful.

Having lived and survived thus far through the age of ''AIDS'' and experienced first hand all of the conspiracy theories and ignorance on most peoples parts.I don't think that it is up for debate that if you have the hiv virus that you have hiv.It's like still debating global warming,all the science says it is happening.

I lived in NYC during the beginning and height of the AIDS crisis.Many theories abounded ,Swine flu virus was a big one for a while.
    I am all for alternative therapies and trying anything that might help.
    However most people are living longer and more normal lives from the drug cocktails that science has come up with.
    I watched almost all my friends die in NY,I was a caregiver for many.Everyone tried everything.But it is a virus!!!!!!!!
    Just like Hepatitis is a virus,Herpes is a virus.No amount of medicinal herbs is going to cure you if you have hiv.It just doesn't happen.

8. earshurt

earshurt New Member

When I scored 258 that was before I started treatments too. I don't know what I would score now that I have started some treatments but it would not be that high. And yes I was sick as a dog. I was so sick I could barely move. I'm so much better now its amazing.

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

My HIV comments are not related to the fact that the phenomenon is not real. Its just that many doctors think that the cause of AIDS is not the HIV organism. They think it caused by something else, or that the actual wasting symptoms were brought on by AZT itself. And due to the testing protocol, which is highly unscientific, it seems likely that some people who don't have the hiv/aids problem are being diagnosed as having it. After looking at the testing methods I agree with the doctors that it is unscientific. A diagnosis that is based on lifestyle risk questions cannot be completely accurate. And I do know that different manufacturers test give different results in the same people. When people stopped taking AZT they stopped immediately wasting away like they did when they took it. This is where most of the controversy on the subject comes from.

edited because I read a previous response to this the wrong way.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

James, so sorry that you lost so many friends. :'(

11. james

Ok,that's fine by me.
    I just think that the doctors who think that hiv is not caused by the hiv virus are few and far between.

'' A diagnosis that is based on lifestyle risk questions cannot be completely accurate.''

Of course not.
    I think that lifestyle risk factors might lead someone to be tested.Many men consider themselves heterosexual however have sex with men and don't consider themselves to be ''gay'' Especially in other cultures.

But as far as I know the test is repeated several times and I have not heard of any problems with accuracy,I have removed my self from a lot of what is happening because I just burned out on it.So maybe there is a problem with testing but I have not heard about it.

12. james

Thanks Caroline,
    It's one of the reasons I left NYC,it was like living through a war.A war that not everyone was aware of.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Welcome to the forum ecliptic... Glad you found us.

It looks like your question got lost in this thread so I will bump it up for you for our experts to answer.

I have been diagnosed with MAV only and recently was put on Nystatin by a dizzy-experienced doctor. I don't know much else yet because I have only been taking it for just over a week.

I will leave your question for one of the others here to answer.

14. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

James, I had a friend die from AIDS 22 years ago. He was symptom-free until he was tested for AIDS because of his lifestyle. He was then put on AZT and IMMEDIATELY developed all the symptoms that were then associated with AIDS.

Back then, EVERYBODY on AZT had pretty much the same outcome.

Read Duesberg's book. He's not a crackpot, he's a professor of molecular and cellular biology at Berkeley, and he was elected to the National Academy of Sciences. He was also the recipient of a seven-year Outstanding Investigator Grant from the National Institutes of Health.

He shows that AIDS was never PROVEN to have been caused by HIV. That was an assumption (and HIV is considered to be a retrovirus, not a virus.) I've talked with chemists, biologists, and epidemiologists who agree with Duesberg, but cannot publicly state this without professional repercussions.

The fact that he is supported by a Nobel prize-winning chemist to me suggests that his side, at the very least, has a great deal of validity.

Remember Magic Johnson? He started AZT, got sick as a dog, and then STOPPED taking AZT--and like magic, his health returned.Remember the phrase "There is no magic in AZT, and there is no AZT in Magic?"

Doctors certainly noticed this. AZT is no longer used in anywhere near the amounts it was 20 years ago. Now it is used in miniscule amounts in the "cocktails" being used to treat AIDS, just so they can say that they are using it. And, gee, nobody is dying from AIDS anymore.

AZT, invented in the 1960's, used as an anti-cancer drug, and then banned by the Nixon administration because of the horrible and often-fatal side-effects, has been described as "a drug in search of a disease." Among its known side effects: Kaposi's sarcoma, cirrhosis of the liver, pneumonia, other cancers--all the supposed hallmarks of AIDS.

Duesberg cites other findings on Kaposi's Sarcoma:
    http://www.duesberg.com/articles/epkaposi.html
    http://www.duesberg.com/articles/tbkaposi.html

Kaposi's sarcoma seems to be linked with...herpes virus?

Well, gee, do we know anyone who has had problems caused by undiagnosed herpes viruses?

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

According to Kary Mullis (Nobel prize-winning chemist), both malaria and herpes viruses can cause false positives on an HIV test.

16. earshurt

earshurt New Member

edited because I read a previous response to this the wrong way. I thought there was a reference to herbs in your response but there is not.

My HIV comments are not related to the fact that the phenomenon is not real. Its just that many doctors think that the cause of AIDS is not the HIV organism. They think it caused by something else, or that the actual wasting symptoms were brought on by AZT itself. And due to the testing protocol, which is highly unscientific, it seems likely that some people who don't have the hiv/aids problem are being diagnosed as having it. After looking at the testing methods I agree with the doctors that it is unscientific. A diagnosis that is based on lifestyle risk questions cannot be completely accurate. And I do know that different manufacturers test give different results in the same people. When people stopped taking AZT they stopped immediately wasting away like they did when they took it. This is where most of the controversy on the subject comes from. There have been doctors who took their patients off the drugs, and these people, even though they tested for positive for the HIV marker, have lived long prosperous lives while taking no medication at all. There are many conflicts in the medical system like this. HIV is certainly not the only one. It gains notoriety because of the lifestyle components associated with it.

17. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

What I think is particularly interesting is that some of the diseases associated with AIDS (such as Kaposi's sarcoma) are also associated with herpes viruses--and so is Meniere's.

So, to bring this full circle--how are herpes viruses affected by candida?

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Unless I missed something no one said herpes is caused by candida??

Candida is a yeast, herpes is a virus.

19. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Nobody said herpes is caused by candida. My question was, how are herpes viruses AFFECTED by candida.

I find articles that say that candida is the leading co-infection with herpes in young women, and that candida infections can leave you more prone to herpes. But I have not found any citations, studies, or even explanations of any relationship between the two.

Hence my question.

20. June-

June- New Member

I have a feeling that is going to depend on the immune system of the individual but I wouldn't doubt if you have one you may be weakened and susceptible to another. In both cases they are things that are usually in the body anyway. The question is whether they are active (virus) or overgrowth (yeast). When we are sick, we are sitting ducks for these things.