Pondering the Yonder (it's the yeast we can do)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Papajoe, Dec 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I think you should be a bit more careful not to generalize, and not to put words in people's mouths.

Readers here might think you mean forum members here when you refer to "the vitamin C people." I have not seen them tell people whose migraines are triggered by citrus fruits to down all things citrus, or even any citrus fruit at all. They've reported how vitamin C supplements relieved their symptoms, and they have posted info on why it may help those and other symptoms.

They have clearly posted that if it causes problems, people should not do it.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Sorry to misinterpret your post, then! :)

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Exactly Papajoe. That site is very detailed. Their take is almost, but not totally, that for certain reasons "certain" probiotics may have some serious drawbacks if not used properly.

On the other hand, opinions abound that, to sum them up in a nutshell, "all probiotics are good no matter how you slice it so pack em in." A lot of the time the information is general without supporting information. For a healthy person, in balance and moderation, this would appear to be fairly reasonable advice.

But for a person with an imbalance, such as runaway candida perhaps, as you have clearly indicated Papajoe, some things may be better than others.

4. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Intrepid my recent reference to Vitamin C in this forum was not about naturally occurring Vitamin C. It was about ascorbic acid. Ascorbic acid is an electron donor in the free radical scavenging process. Basically what that means is that it fires an electron which aids in the free radical scavenging process and it neutralizes the bad guy. Sort of like an electron bullet. I don't remember where I said that, or why I said it at the moment. I don't think it was in reference to candida but I could be wrong. I"m pretty tired right now. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Some knives in the drawer are sharper than others. ;)

5. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Papajoe I think I am beginning to see a pattern in myself. I do things to kill of the candida and I have a massive spell of feeling so good that I can hardly stand it. Then I have, not a crash, but the effect lessens some. Probably because I am not replenishing the good flora in the body. I am killing the good flora along with the bad. So this cycle keeps repeating itself. I have no control factors here. I'm beating critters on the head left and right with no regard to making sure there should be WINNER.

The winner needs to be the good probiotic flora of course, just as you say.

So, no more of this hodge podge crap. I need controls in my universe to get some standardized results.

This is a dicey deal. Trying to kill bad guys, without killing the good guys at the same time, is incredibly hard to do.

So in keeping with your probiotic stance and frame of mind, I think for myself I plan to focus less on killing bad guys, which also kills everybody in the room, including my good guys.

I think I am going to focus more on putting the good guys in. Having said this, my knee jerk reaction, from my cursory reading, is that some of these good guys may need to go in the back door. :eek:

My back door is sort of sacred. I don't play around in there. But in the interest of health, science, well being, and hell who knows, possibly a new thrill I never knew existed, I'm enema willing. Praise be! ::)

Exactly what I intend to do about all this, which good guys I will use, which doors they go in, i'm not sure yet. But I ain't fraid! Not too bad anyways. ???

I am not recommending this product. I cite this site for its comprehensive list of probiotic organisms and seeming decent information. Man there are a lot of critters running around in there.

http://blindguru.com/probiotics.html

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Sometime soon when I get everything together that I need I plan to do a kill. I'm gonna nuke some stuff. And right at the tail end of the kill I am going to start putting the probiotics in and see if I can colonize the good guys fast enough to overcome the bad guys.

7. earshurt

earshurt New Member

This is no small time population. If this gets out of whack there can be problems.

Your Intestine... Is a 30 foot long hose with an inner diameter about the size of your finger. The inside surface of the intestine is not smooth as many people imagine. It is relatively deep and convoluted, like a carpet or a jungle. This part of your body could be compared to the roots of a plant where nutrients are assimilated. It is in this jungle where numerous species of bacteria and yeast cells thrive. The usual weight of the population of these creatures (or ?flora?) in your jungle is about the same as the weight of your left arm from elbow to finger tip.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey earshurt, I like your 'back door' analogy ;)

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I highly recommend this article for understanding the battle that goes on inside the body as far as probiotics go. It explains things real well.

http://blindguru.com/probiotics.html

10. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Do you think Mother Nature really wants you jamming things in the back door?

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

And into which door did you post it? ;)

12. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I can hear the distant strains of "Burning Ring of Fire"....

13. earshurt

earshurt New Member

How to ferment cabbage. From what I understand the longer you leave it in the jar, even months, it just gets better. I don't know how it would taste but my taste buds are not my main concern. Its shock n awe i'm after.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8chEhvqgk
    --------------------------------------------------
    http://www.mademan.com/mm/how-make-fermented-cabbage-juice.html

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Shock and awe!? Sounds like you are doing battle with your body earshurt. May you prevail over your enemy.

15. jesseandalison

jesseandalison New Member

repost from other thread!

heres one from another web group,

Lipoflavinoids is really just a patented name for BIOflavinoids:

This from the web:
    Lipoflavonoid is a copyrighted name for a vitamin/mineral supplement made by NUMARK Laboratories. Its "secret" ingredient is bioflavonoids made from lemon extract. Bioflavonoids are compounds found on the inside of fruit skins that are supposed to increase blood circulation to the extremities. This blood circulation theory is the link that it is supposed to help cure tinnitus by increasing blood flow to the cochlea (same as ginkgo and niacin).

My doctor also recommended this but as bioflavinoids, which you can find in vitamin stores, often in conjunction with vitamin C. Bioflavinoids actually come from the inside of all citrus fruit... it's that white stuff in there. But you'd need to eat a gazillion of them to get the benefit of one tablet. I get a vitamin C which also contains 1000 mg of bioflavinoids.

16. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I say launch the attack silmultaneously through front and back doors - a two pronged maneouvre. The enemy will have nowhere to run except, maybe out the ear holes....

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

:D :D :D :D... :'( I'm laughing so hard I'm crying over here!!!! ;D

18. earshurt

earshurt New Member

This one is very precise. It seems like the main two factors is just a little bit of salt, seal it good to keep air out. If I were to guess, to get about 2.5% salt in the mix, if all the cabbage were spread out, just sprinkle it all good over the top. When it gets in the container have enough water to cover the top of the cabbage, shake it good so the salt will be evenly distributed.

19. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

earshurt - wait, what are you talking about?? No really, you're going in circles in here. What did my post have to do with your answer? And, does it matter?

20. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Salty cabbage yoghurt? Yummy!