Olive Leaf Extract Suppresses Herpes Viruses

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by John of Ohio, Jan 17, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. songbird

songbird New Member

Excellent article - now, what is the daily dosage? My bottle says 3 x a day, inbetween meals. This article suggests 6 - 9 tables in divided dosages throughout the day?

I'm going to start slowly with the 1x and then work it up to minimize the "die off" symptoms. Everyone keep us posted on your results!

Songbird.

2. otter95

otter95 New Member

This is my first post to the forum. My apologies for skipping the intros to respond directly to this thread...

I have been working with JOH, taking his regimen along with OLE. I too found it confusing at first to determine what dosage of OLE to take. I have decided to measure my dosage based solely on the oleuropein itself as the rest of the pill appears to be just fillers. For example, 500mg capsule of the Vitamin Shoppe brand contains only 30mg of oleuropein (6%). Compare that to 75mg of oleuropein in the 500mg capsule of the Swanson brand (15%). Big difference! As oleuropein appears to be the critical factor, I'll refer to my dosages specifically in terms of that ingredient and not the whole capsule.

That said I am on my fourth week of OLE. I took 60mg/day the first week, 240mg/day the second week, and 750mg/day the third week. This week, I am at 900mg/day, spread over four doses without food (20 mins before breakfast, 20 mins before lunch, 20 mins before dinner, and at bed time). I don't plan to go beyond 1200mg/day. It is also worth noting that I stopped taking the Lysine after week 2 due to the potential conflict with OLE. I wanted to give OLE the best possible chance to work. I am still taking the rest of the JOH regimen.

It's too early to draw conclusions, but I have definitely observed a die-off effect, even at the lower doses in the first two weeks, but much more pronounced starting in week three when I drastically increased my dosage. Die-off symptoms include headaches that I didn't have before, soreness/tenderness in my trigeminal nerve that wasn't there before, and a noticeable throbbing pain deep in my ear and down my neck. An existing sore on my hip that had persisted without change for 4 - 5 months has finally started healing. Also, a couple of new sores have appeared, one on my back and one my chest. I don't know yet if OLE will eventually bring me complete relief, but I appear to be headed in the right direction. :)

I'll post my progress periodically. This is by far the best MM forum I have found on the web. Thanks to all who have contributed such valuable information.

3. jaypr

jaypr New Member

Hi Otter

I'm almost sure that the conflict of Llysine and OLE is only when you take them at the same time of day. Ok to take both I believe but at different times of the day.

Frank

4. otter95

otter95 New Member

Hi Jay,

I tried a similar schedule to what you suggested earlier in this post and found it too difficult to follow. It would be helpful to know the half-life of each to determine how much interaction (if any) occurs. For now I will experiment with just the OLE to see how that goes.

Are you noticing additional benefits from the OLE along with the Lysine?

Thanks,
    Otter95

5. jaypr

jaypr New Member

Hi Otter

For me the Llysine has been great and that together with food and drink trigger avoidance my life has been turned around to pretty much normal. Therefore I will take Llysine for the rest of my life as I believe the virus will always be there lurking waiting for a slip up.

I started to take the OLE about 3 weeks a go. I do have more energy but that could be due to recently losing a few pounds as I put weight on over the horrible winter we had.

I probably will give the OLE a few more weeks and if no marked improvement I will ditch it.

I think the trigger avoidance is major

Best of luck Frank

6. otter95

otter95 New Member

Frank,

That is great that you were able to get your MM symptoms under control. I can only hope for the same myself. I will go back to the Lysine if the OLE doesn't work. I want to see how it goes with just OLE. Was there some other reason you decided to try the OLE, given that you already have your symptoms under control?

7. amberini

amberini New Member

I am up to 1350 per day. Possible herxing or conveniently caught a bug (haven't had one in many years).
    Added Activated Charcoal and binders, milk thistle combo for liver support.

8. songbird

songbird New Member

Why so much? My bottle says 500mg 3x a day, taken inbetween meals. I'm starting to wonder on the dosages.

Songbird

9. amberini

amberini New Member

Depends on what you take it for.

10. jaypr

jaypr New Member

Hi Otter

Yes I started to take the OLE to see if it would help with fatigue. The Llysine works for the virus and I am happy with that, but the OLE is supposed to combat fatigue but I dont think it has helped. Going to try and drink more water as dehydration may be the cause of the fatigue.

Frank

11. otter95

otter95 New Member

I don't think anybody has any idea on what the right dosage is. In my case, I decided to start out small and work my way up over time, monitoring my response. I keep increasing it each week as long as I still have symptoms. It appears to be a very safe supplement. Where is the safe upper limit? I don't know, but I don't plan to go beyond 1200mg/day (16 500mg pills with 15% oleuropein). I picked that number based on the dosages mentioned in Dr. Privatera's article: http://curezone.com/foods/oliveleaf.asp. Maybe it is just the nature of the beast (assuming the herpes virus in my case) that any treatment regardless of dosage level will take several weeks/months to bring complete relief. Although folks doing the Vitamin C megadose treatment seem to be getting relief much more quickly.

12. Tanggled

Tanggled New Member

Hi All,
    this thread has gone quiet and I am just wondering about updates and people's experiences with the OLE..... I wonder if going quiet means it didn't really help - or they are so well they are not posting :)

Did anyone establish anything about using lysine and OLE at the same time.
    Thanks

ps I notice I have one post only - been a member for 6 years - but been through a few database crashes and name changes....

13. otter95

otter95 New Member

I gave it a good six week run with the OLE without sustained relief, although I did experience some improvement in the first two weeks. Perhaps six weeks was not long enough, but I had decided to move on to vitamin C megadosing, which seemed to be yielding much better results. Unfortunately, vitamin C hasn't helped me much either after two months and having reached a low BT level (~15 grams/day). I am now looking at other causes for my symptoms, which don't really fit the classic MM cycle. I have only had two vertigo attacks in the last nine months. My problem is more about the "daily dizzies" (head pressure and brain fog).

I don't really know for sure about the OLE/Lysine conflict. I seemed to get some benefit taking both at the same time in the beginning, but then read about the conflict and dropped the lysine in favor of the OLE and didn't get any better. Maybe it works better when taking both together? Who knows? I was also taking acyclovir at the time. Antiviral treatments in general haven't done much for me, so something else may be causing my symptoms.

14. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Interestingly enough The Hag and I have been mixing OLE with turmeric powder in the AM with our juice. It does NOT seem to be working for me but it does wonders for her. She says that she can really tell when she skips a day.