Olive Leaf Extract Suppresses Herpes Viruses

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by John of Ohio, Jan 17, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wolfgang1756

Wolfgang1756 New Member

I am in England so is this the same thing?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1889&prodid=2067

The Comvita web site says "Comvita Olive Leaf Complex Capsules contain Olive Leaf Extract equivalent to 7.2g of fresh leaf."

Thanks.

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Wolfgang,

I checked the site, and it appears that the product is an olive leaf extract, although no detailed product information was posted. If you can find nothing else in the UK, it will probably work.

But I did a Google search with "olive leaf extract, UK," and came up with this product, which I think is better:
    http://www.bodykind.com/product/141_153-Olive-Leaf-Extract-30-x-500mg-Vegicaps.aspx

Let us know how either of these work for you.

--John of Ohio

3. phildsc

phildsc New Member

JOH quote[Apparentlly oleuropein is found in the raw olive, but is removed in processing, as it's rather bitter and makes the raw olive unpalatable.

--John of Ohio}

I love olives, green, ripe, stuffed, pitted, in martinis etc. I once once picked a ripe olive off a tree and ate it raw. Damndest bitter, puckering taste. Sort of like a green persimmon.

4. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Phildsc,

But you were healthier for a few hours. You consumed some raw oleuropein.

--JOH

5. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

You ate a green persimmon.

6. jaypr

jaypr New Member

Hi Wolfgang

Have a look at My Natural Market who sell 90 capsules containing 16% Oleuropein for £16.69p

Frank

7. phildsc

phildsc New Member

Seadog quote[You ate a green persimmon.]

Once.

8. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Are you having any other symptoms (besides the full ear and swollen left side) - fatigue, sinus irritation, etc? When you say swollen left side, do you mean your ear?

9. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Do the doctors have you on any anti-fungal medications?

10. Wolfgang1756

Wolfgang1756 New Member

Thanks for the link. I will let you know how they work. Another thing John, do you think it would be safe to take with Acyclovir and/or Lysine?

11. Wolfgang1756

Wolfgang1756 New Member

Frank I did a Google search and My Natural Market is in USA. I can't find a UK site for it. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

12. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

There is no problem with using all three of these at once, lysine, acyclovir, and olive leaf extract. Olive leaf extract is not to be used along with antibiotics. That's the only use restriction. Combining all three of the listed items attacks things from three ways, which is helpful.

--John of Ohio

13. Wolfgang1756

Wolfgang1756 New Member

Thanks for the clarification. And thanks for this latest discovery. JOH you are a great asset to all of us.

14. thornapple

thornapple New Member

hee hee.

15. VickiS

VickiS New Member

I picked up some capsules today at my health shop (I'm in Melbourne), the label says they contain approx. 2.4g (2,400mg) of fresh-picked, Australian-grown Olea europaea leaf.  $45.95 for 90 capsules.

Edited to add the link http://www.olea.com.au/

16. MrMan

MrMan New Member

JOH does it again!

Now there is something new to try. I have tried every non-destructive treatment suggested on this site except nystatin, which I need my doctor to prescribe but in the meantime I have something new to try.

Thanks JOH!

17. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

I recently purchased some olive leaf extract from Amazon.com and it should arrive any day. I have also been on 800 mgs of Acyclovir daily since last May and have not had a single attack. So I know the antivirals really help. Wish I had started on them in 1993!! I also want to see what effects the olive leaf extract has on me and if it will relieve tinnitus. I was diagnosed with an ear fungal infection many years ago and took medication for it. So soon I will find out if I benefit from the new addition to my daily regime. I'll let you all know if I benefit from it soon.

18. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

JOH, many many thanks!!!

19. dizzymisslizzy

dizzymisslizzy New Member

I received my Olive Leaf from Nutrtition Express today (Lindberg-12% Oleuropein) today and am excited to get started!
    I currently take MOST of the JOH regimen, including the 3000mg L-lysine.
    I'll let ya know if I have any benefits.
    Thanks, John, for the idea. Never would have found it on my own.
    This is precisely why this forum is so important...

20. jaypr

jaypr New Member

Thanks John

Just read on a UK herpes blog that taking olive leaf extract can make llysine ineffective if taken together and therefore best taken hours apart.

Also buy plant derived olive leaf capsules and not gelatin as gelatin contains arginine.

Dont know if you know of above to confirm or not

Frank