Off To Paris and Italy-Yikes!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Skye76, Apr 7, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

Hello my friends,
    Hope you are all feeling well today.

Things have been going ok for me. Not great, not horrific, but ok. ;)

I am traveling to Paris, then Italy, this month, and would love to meet up with any fellow sufferers whom might be in either of those areas. Thought I'd throw it out there, just in case. :) If anyone will be in either area this month and into next, please do let me know. :) I am NOT looking forward to the very long flights ahead of me, but knock on wood, MM has never caused me issues in flight.

While over there, was wondering if anyone knew of any researchers or Meniere's Clinics that I could possibly visit? Would love to learn more about how they are treating the beast across the pond. :)

Sending love and positive thoughts to all on this board.

xo,
    Skye

2. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

Hey Skye,
    How are you feeling?
    what are your symptoms like 4 years post VNS?
    enjoy the trip!
    S

3. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Have a great trip!

4. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

Hi guys,
    I am doing alright four years out from the VNS. I still feel the effects of MM, but not so severely as they once were. Still working full time and just finished up film school, so am living life as best I can. :)

Right now, I still get to feeling lightly dizzy, get migraines, and the occasional "rocking boat" feeling. Grr. But nothing too terrible that ativan and my migraine meds can't manage. My surgery wasn't the all out success that others have had, in that I still have some after effects, but I would do it again in a second, because I was in and out of the ER so much before, I swear I lived there!

Plugging along, doing my best over here. How are you guys doing?

5. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

If you ever come by San Francisco, would be happy to meet up. Pretty close to Utah.

I've been trying to find Meniere's folks here, but to no avail.

-Shawn

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I was down on the wharf for a couple of days at the end of Feb :) Even comtemplated eating at BubbaGumps :D But ate at the Crab House instead. We always hit BubbaGump's in the Cancun airport on our way home.

Have a great trip Skye!

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

bubbagump ... Halos is in San Francisco too. :)

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Both places are absolutely beautiful, Skye, and I know you will have a wonderful time.

:)

9. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Wish I could meet up with you,but work won't let me away.Sorry to hear that you are not 100%.That's great that you have gone to film school.Looking forward to a movie from you.Have a great time and if you see any cars going to Stockholm you are very welcome to come by.

10. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Have a wonderful dizzy free trip!

11. MDH

MDH New Member

Hey Skye:

We exchanged a pm or two a a couple years ago. You were very helpful - thx for that.

I'm now post -laby, but I flew a lot prior, and continue to fly a lot now (and yes, internationally). I was always a bit on edge when I had to do it, and even a bit after my surgery. But the travel was never a problem for me. I think a lot of it was intially stress and uncertainty. Even if your health is 100%, those long flights really take it out of you. I guess I've gotten use to it all again and realize it's no big deal. Enjoy your visits to Europe. I'll be traveling to France and Spain a bit in May and June.

Michel

12. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Ahhh traveling post VNS, what a treat! I loved to travel and did lots when I was a kid, but then MM hit and I was a couch potato for 15 years, too afraid to leave the house let alone travel any distance, I remember having to go to Palm Springs a simple two hour car ride, had to visit my sick mother, knew I'd have an attack and bam just 20 minutes with mom and two hours out in front of the hospital being sick, luckily my sister traveled with me and was able to drive me home.

Post VNS the world has been my oyster, Tahiti, Africa, Alaska, South America, the Caribbean! Enjoy Skye!

13. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful, kind messages. I love my friends here on this board. Love you all. :)

Bubbagump-I do love San Francisco. Next time I'm out that way, I will definitely let you know!

Still hoping to chat with someone in Paris or Italy with MM while over there. If you know of anyone, please let me know. :) I too know very few people locally with MM. I love when my MM friends from this board pass through Utah, and I get to meet up with them. It's so therapeutic and beneficial to talk to others who understand what you are going through. Friends can never be too plentiful, and would love to meet one or two across the pond.

Big hugs and love to you all!

Skye