OCTOBER 2006 - Don't Sweat The Small Stuff!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Oct 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Hi, neighbors -

Just checking in before I go back to bed :p

Somehow even with all my OCD behavior, I picked up a stupid virus somewhere and have been coughing my head off. Actually, I think I got DH's cough! So now I'm wheezing, sniffling, and coughing so hard it sounds like the dog next door is barking. UGH!

I have to get well so I can go to our church's Halloween Trunk or Treat tomorrow night, and then up the hill on Friday, for the Saturday morning Pancake Breakfast at the firehouse. (Maybe this will get me out of serving, though.... ;) )

Have a great week, everyone!

deercharmer

2. Sami

Sami New Member

Hello To One & All..... :)

Just have to take a few minutes here to post to you guys. Today is the 30th of the month and I am able to post. ??? I was surprised on my last post which was a couple weeks ago, and I got in! I WAS ABLE TO POST! ??? I think maybe after this last crash, it has been reset some of the settings, and I am allowed to post after the middle of the month! LOL! :eek:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First of all I just want to thank you DJ for your well wishes. :-* I just want to send some right back to you now, for your hubby's surgery tomorrow. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I know that all will go well for him. Sounds like you guys have got it all together with your plans. We will be thinking of you, and don't forget to take care of yourself.....and DSTSS. Big time hugs to you.....wish I was closer to lend a hand. You will do great I know.....just be careful and don't go into overload! Look forward to hearing how well it all went.....on your return home. Take your time and know that if you miss a thought for the day.....it's o.k.! Thanks for today and tomorrow's thoughts. I will think on them! LOL! Love ya bunches as you know and {{{Hugs}}} to ya! :-* Hope your treat on Halloween will be the perfect surgery for your hubby!!! Get well soon, Lynn! ..... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I just did a quick read here, I am still having a tough time with pain, so can't stay on to long.

CC..... :-*I just saw a little about what is going on with you. I am so sorry to read that you are still having problems. I will be thinking of you on Wed. and I know that all will go well for you.....you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there dear one.....and keep us posted! {{{Big Time Hugs To Ya!}}}.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marian..... :-*. I am so sorry that you are still having such pain. I hope that this new Dr. will be able to help you. I think of you often.....and do understand that it is hard to be on the computer when there is so much pain. Big hugs and best wishes for you to soon find some help to maybe help you feel better. You are also in my thoughts and prayers, {{{HUGS}}} :-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big HELLO to all of you wonderful people hanging over the fence! ;D I love seeing your post.....and hope to be able to be back soon to read more. I think of you all so often. DC..... :-* I hope you get over whatever it is you have. Eat a pancake for me! ;D..... Greetings to Linda, ;D (hugs to ya baseball woman! ;D) To Wendy, Carol, (so happy to read you are feeling better) :-* Sue, Dixie, jrw, Jill, Maggie,and all of you good neighbors. Take care and sending good wishes and hugs to all that pop in and out of DJ's Corner. :-* My time has run out for this time and as always sending only good thoughts and the best wishes to all.....and just in case you guys pop in "HELLO" to Spinner, Gardenfish,Richard, and Trish over the pond. Till next time.....wishing you all well!

Love And Hugs.....
    Sami..... :-*

3. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

------------

4. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

G'day stressbusters one and all :-*

Still feeling crook :mad: the nose is not quite as stuffed up as it has been, but now I'm wheezing as well :mad:
    I have been toooo scared to use the new steroid nose puffer :-\ so it looks like I wasted $38 and I hate that :mad:
    Why do I have this fear of steroids :-\ I just hate using them in any form as I always seem to get systemic effects from them, even though I know its not theoretically possible ::) but my body does strange things with this drug and now if the wheeze doesn't improve I will have to use the steroid inhaler...I agree with Di....allergies....YUCK...why can't they leave me alone ???

Oh well, as Carol and others say...this too shall pass :) They have before and will again...just wish the weather would co-operate...we have gone from sunny, hot and windy to cool and windy with overcast skies today...wish it would rain and settle the pollens and dust, but mother nature appears to have forgotten we desparately need it...Aussie land is about to run out of water, its dry as a dead dingo's donger :eek: :D sorry, couldn't resist that one ;D

Joyce....I haven't even mentioned to you that I hope all goes well with your hubby's knee op, please forgive my self pity and {{{HUGS}}} to you and him. The man across the road has now had both done and its the best thing he ever did, as he can now bowl (lawn bowls) again, so I hope for the same outcome for your dear one :-* Please look after you too and as Sami said, don't worry if you miss a daily thought or two, we'll just take over your fence ;D and will all still be here when you feel up to coming back :-*

Di and Carol, me mates ;D I do so hope that both of you will find yourselves again...its a hard road (been there and had to do it) but I also know that both of you are wonderful, caring and strong people and will succeed in your quests for that illusive self identity and live life to its fullest, despite what the mongrel MM throws at you :-* :-* :-* :-*

Sami the sweet, great to see that you can post and on the last day of the month :eek: ;)
    I am soooo sorry you are in pain, hope that you find some relief and soon...I'll lend you my mantra ;)
    Pain be gone...pain be gone...pain be gone for our darlin Sami {{{HUGS}}} and :-* :-* :-*

DC darlin, you feel better again real soon too and tell that cough etc to STOP IT {{{HUGS}}} and :-*
    :-* :-* to you too

Marian, I totally agree with Wendy, you have heaps and heaps of compassion for all of us here in the forum and are one of the bestest at story telling...feel better soon...mother hen is watching :-* :-* :-*

Wendy, when is that grandbub going to pop up, taking its time alrighty ::) makes me sorta wish I was still with my babies and mums...bet its a "night" birth...I have my own theory on why bubs "send" their mums into labour at night...LOL Tell that child its much easier for mum to come on its own accord instead of having to induced, no "gentle" build up, just wham and the contractions are there...LOL

Raenell darlin, you are in my thoughts constantly and I'm gald the followup is soon..though not as soon as you would like it to be...hang in there darlin {{{HUGS}}} and :-* :-* :-*

Dixie...I am sorry I lied :eek: :eek: in the quilt club post...I was all ready to go out the door and post that square but had an almighty drop attack and figured it would be safer if I stayed put...but...I am going to mind the info centre tomorrow and promise I will mail it then (by hook or by crook...LOL)

Jill, jrw, Pluto, Linda and any other fence hangers this brain might have forgotten ::) please forgive me
    :-* :D

I hope you all have a

Happy and Healthy Halloween

Maggie

5. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

hi everyone,
    thinking of all of the neighbors today.
    joyce, sending good thoughts to you and hubby for a smooth operation.
    sami, good to see you getting to post, take care.

much love to everyone else.

6. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just stopping by to wish every one a happy Halloween and Joyce hope hubby gets threw the surgrey ok.
    Will be thinking of him today.
    Hugs

7. wendyd

wendyd New Member

Hope your husbands surgery went well today Joyce, and you didn't have any traffic problems either.
    We are still waiting for a babes arrival, seems she didn't want halloween for her birthday, so maybe Nov. 1....
    Grand night/day to all at the fence, take care of yourselves!

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Wendy - Is it my imagination or is that baby really late?

9. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

[​IMG]

Joyce, I hope your hubbys surgery went well and that it will be a dream recovery!  Pamper him for awhile.... then tell him-- it's your turn to be pampered!

Wendy- Best wishes on the addition of a new grandbaby today!  I don't blame him/her--- I wouldn't want a holiday for a birthday either!

RaeNell- Please know I will be thinking about you while you undergo your testing procedures today.  There is something on its way to you--- and hopefully it will bring smiles while you wait for your results.  Big hugs to you darlin.

Linda- I hope your dental work is as pain free as possible and that you have a great day otherwise.  Love ya!  :-*

Maggie- I hope today has been less symptomatic for you and that those darn allergies give you a break.... remember what I said-- there is some very promising hope for us allergy sufferers that just might be that true cure all.... in given time!

Deercharmer- Hope you were able to enjoy the Halloween activites at your church and that you are feeling better!

Carol- I hope you are doing better on that journey to rediscover yourself also.  It's not an easy one and it forces you to see some things-- that you might not want to see at times.... but I think for the first time I can say.... give me another year.... then watch out world- I will be living life to the fullest again-- but with a much better respect for life itself.  Thinking of you!

Stacey- Missed you tonight.... hope those dizzies didn't last.  Stay well friend.

Dixie- I hope your knee is feeling better..... and maybe your sewing projects will help you to keep your mind off of the pain (if it is still there).  Once I get a few more things done that I need to, I'm actually going to get a "sewing teacher"-- I am finally going to learn to sew.... hopefully minus the temper tantrums this time (I think I've grown up a bit since 7th grade- lol!)

Best wishes to all who visit here,
    Di

10. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Wednesday 1 November 2006

I realized that today will start a new month so will make comments there.

Meanwhile, things went really well for hubbys surgery - (knee replacement, for those who didn't know) - I thank you all for your good thoughts, prayers, and attention to this matter. I love you all and hope to see more of you as we continue with this in the November thread. :D

Follow me to November!! New month and new day. ;)